Elina Svitolina Cheering Thread! - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #541
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elina Svitolina Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
I know. I just dislike the Robson hype and some of her stans on TF. She is talented obviously but we already have a way better version of her on the tour (Kvitty).
I couldn't agree more I never liked Hypson from the day I first heard of her Hopefully Elina overtakes her in the rankings next year

Honestly in terms of progression Elina isn't really that far behind Robson. Laura broke Top 100 and 18y4m and Elina is now 18y2m and almost Top 100 It's true Laura probably is more impressive but I don't think it's as wide of a gap as some of you are making out
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:25 AM   #542
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
I couldn't agree more I never liked Hypson from the day I first heard of her Hopefully Elina overtakes her in the rankings next year

Honestly in terms of progression Elina isn't really that far behind Robson. Laura broke Top 100 and 18y4m and Elina is now 18y2m and almost Top 100 It's true Laura probably is more impressive but I don't think it's as wide of a gap as some of you are making out
She's literally not behind Robson at all in terms of progression, she's actually right on track.

Just the typical overhyped Robson fanatics, the problem is the WTA hasn't had a star young player for a while now so people are hyping Robson up as if she's the second coming of christ, but really her results at her age are nowhere near as impressive as the greats and not even impressive compared to someone like Azarenka who was just outside the top 10 at Robson's age now.

I doubt Robson will make it above #35 before her 20th birthday in 2014.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:32 AM   #543
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
She's literally not behind Robson at all in terms of progression, she's actually right on track.

Just the typical overhyped Robson fanatics, the problem is the WTA hasn't had a star young player for a while now so people are hyping Robson up as if she's the second coming of christ, but really her results at her age are nowhere near as impressive as the greats and not even impressive compared to someone like Azarenka who was just outside the top 10 at Robson's age now.

I doubt Robson will make it above #35 before her 20th birthday in 2014.
I know right? They act like she's the best teenager since Sharapova, it just pisses me off so much After receiving about 83 wildcards a year it's about time she actually made some sort of progress in 2012. They don't seem to be aware that there is a 16 year old girl (Vekic) just outside the Top 100 who will almost definitely be Top 100 within the first few months of 2013

Annika Beck is also younger than Robson and could also potentially overtake Laura in the rankings next year. The way people like about that girl you'd think she was so far ahead of those her age, but really she barely is, if at all.
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #544
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know right? They act like she's the best teenager since Sharapova, it just pisses me off so much After receiving about 83 wildcards a year it's about time she actually made some sort of progress in 2012. They don't seem to be aware that there is a 16 year old girl (Vekic) just outside the Top 100 who will almost definitely be Top 100 within the first few months of 2013

Annika Beck is also younger than Robson and could also potentially overtake Laura in the rankings next year. The way people like about that girl you'd think she was so far ahead of those her age, but really she barely is, if at all.
I know, she is overhyped, but her achievement at a young age is what set them off Anyway, great week from Elina, much better than expected, especially after she dropped the first set vs Kumkhum I hope this sets her up for a great 2013, where I think she can break the Top 80

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #545
BlueTrees

Btw Elina is #1 on the 2013 race http://www.wtatennis.com/page/Player...~15788,00.html

Istanbul here we come

Here are some photos from the final

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #546
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, Elina! I hope she breaks the top 50 in 2013...

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #547
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Personally I think the Robson hype has gotten way out of hand, hopefully one of the top 6'ers will be able to hand out a beatdown to her at the AO just so her fans can gain a little perspective.
That would be good.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #548
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Is she playing Ankara, because if she is she might squeak into Australian Open MD

Jelena Ostapenko is 64th

Quote:
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #549
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Can't argue with you guys, 'cause it's a matter of personal opinions, but I don't agree. I expect Laura to have a Ivanovic career, winning some slam at still a young age and then falling into the obscurity of the top 10-20.
For Elina I can see more like a Safarova career, a long life of a regular top 30-40 player, with some ups from time to time. Maybe a big Errani kind of up at some point.

Quote:
Btw Elina is #1 on the 2013 race http://www.wtatennis.com/page/Player...~15788,00.html

Istanbul here we come
Cool
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #550
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:59 AM   #551
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Can't argue with you guys, 'cause it's a matter of personal opinions, but I don't agree. I expect Laura to have a Ivanovic career, winning some slam at still a young age and then falling into the obscurity of the top 10-20.
For Elina I can see more like a Safarova career, a long life of a regular top 30-40 player, with some ups from time to time. Maybe a big Errani kind of up at some point.

Cool
I don't really know actually I do think though that she has the huge advantage of being an all surface player

Quote:
Old Nov 15th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #552
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #553
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #554
BlueTrees

Elina's playing $75K Dubai next week! http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100027709

If she wins the tournament she'll make Top 100!
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #555
country flag Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote