2012 National Indoors - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #31
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2012 National Indoors

Btw, who is this random girl Sanchez-Quinitar that's been seeded top 2 in the last two national ITA tournaments? She doesn't seem to play up to her seeding.....
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #32
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #33
country flag knoxt

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #34
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
She's definitely more aggressive and hits flatter. I'm not saying she's a ballbasher, but Lauren's game is built around her defense and loopy strokes, as you know, which I can't imagine translate well indoors
I dunno...I've seen Zsofi quite a lot by now. And I came to reevalutate Lauren at this WAATC. Lauren can hit flat..and when she hits it..it's LETHAL..flatter than Zsofi, for sure. Again, I couldn't watch so dunno what happened, should check zootennis. Anybody listened to Ken Thomas of Radiotennis? Did he broadcast this match?

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #35
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
I was at the tournament this morning and saw Xi/Nauta of UVA defeat the Pepperdine team, as well as Vierra/Epstein defeat the whiny Penn doubles team. I'm excited that tomorrow we'll have an all UVA-USC for the womens dubs championships and consolation final.

The Pepperdine team was not playing badly at all. In fact they were very solid at the net and volleyed effectively to put away most winners. They were consistent, but not spectacular in terms of producing big groundstrokes. UVA on the other hand had a very slow start. Xi was mishitting her volleys and spraying balls, while the freshman Nauta made less errors. Nauta has a huge serve - her down-the-line serve really made the difference. UVA became more comfortable and they started hitting huge forehand winners down the line. Both Xi and Nauta have big groundstrokes, compared to the Pepperdine team.

Now on to Vierra/Epstein, I think experience was the major difference here. The Penn team was not very experienced and they didn't have weapons at all to hurt UVA. Vierra/Epstein were really consistent and took more chances to put away balls. Eskenazi, the Argentinean, played a lot of topspin and slices which weren't that effective indoors. Vierra put away a lot of balls at the net. There were a couple of instances were Eskenazi and Vierra bitched at each other. In one instance, Vierra contested a call and Eskenazi said to her, "I told you 500 times it was out!" On matchpoint, Eskenazi's partner, Latycheva, hit a first served that looked out and Vierra called it out. The Penn team became whiny and started arguing that the first serve was not out. The point was over after the second serve, and the Penn team did not want to shake hands. But Vierra offered to shake hands anyway, haha. I didn't know that girls could be this bitchy!!!
Thx for the info.
So, did they eventually shake hands?

Sanchez-Quintanar had a very solid season last year. Didn't lose much. She was the top Texas player. She's a grinder, a very solid one.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #36
country flag knoxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Thx for the info.
So, did they eventually shake hands?

Sanchez-Quintanar had a very solid season last year. Didn't lose much. She was the top Texas player. She's a grinder, a very solid one.
Yes, I think they did very half-heartedly. But not the Argentinean Penn player.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #37
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
I was able to swing by the tournament yesterday and have some interesting notes about matches, players, coaches, and teams. For example I think Roland only came to Lauren's aid on one changeover despite the drubbing she received. I know she's a veteran and all but I feel like he left her up to dry. He was spending all his time with Danielle...I never saw Allie Will in person but I think Danielle may be the next diva/brat in training? Or maybe she was just pissed she was missing her bf (pretty sure) who was playing at the same time.
Coach Balogh hardly ever coached Lauren at WAATC final too Maybe she's preparing for the pro (At Stanford NCAA she was coached frequently)

And about the bold part, more details please

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #38
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Quote:
Li and KK both chewing gums

Li exudes charisma

Stephanie is so cute

And is that a new uniform KK is wearing? Hmm..I've always thought Adidas trashes Nike uniforms at least in WNCAA tennis

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #39
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

if the live scoring is correct USC just bageled UVA in the 1st
Are they going to aim for the Grand Slam, sweeping all 3?
Even Barte and Mal couldn't do that(both won 4 slams)

Zoe/Gabi are also playing the UVA team in the consolation final, pretty tight so far.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #40
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Christian/Santamaria - best NCAA team ever?

CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #41
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I dunno...I've seen Zsofi quite a lot by now. And I came to reevalutate Lauren at this WAATC. Lauren can hit flat..and when she hits it..it's LETHAL..flatter than Zsofi, for sure. Again, I couldn't watch so dunno what happened, should check zootennis. Anybody listened to Ken Thomas of Radiotennis? Did he broadcast this match?
I watched this match. Zsofi was in control of this match from start to finish. I think the only time she slightly lost control was early in the second set when she was trying to break Embree for the second time. It really came down to Embree not having anything to hurt Zsofi and Embree's inability to keep the ball deep. Zsofi has a good ability to reset the point/ if she's in a compromising court position she is able to re-gain control. There were long rallies but all of them were won by Zsofi. Superior court positioning, deep balls, and being aggressive when she needed was the tale of the tape. She never let Embree into this match.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #42
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Coach Balogh hardly ever coached Lauren at WAATC final too Maybe she's preparing for the pro (At Stanford NCAA she was coached frequently)

And about the bold part, more details please
Collins vs. Boren was Error Fest 2012. Collins in particular is either amazing or she can just pile up the errors. She missed easy sitters, not to mention on more than occasion when she had an easy shot she would hit so close to the line that she actually hit it out (but that didn't stop her from celebrating...only to give a stare to the chair umpire for calling it out...I swear she was using it as a tactic to get the chair not to call it out). Collins routinely yells at herself and I don't know if this is how she normally acts but is kind of a brat on court. You could tell she knew she shouldn't have lost to Boren. She's going to need more work to be a top NCAA player. She will beat most players yes but she'll need to be more way consistent before she is a contender for the NCAA title. As for her bf(?) it looks like she and Mac Styslinger are an item. She was following him around like a puppy. I'm surprised she didn't commit to UVA.

Boren can hit the ball especially on the forehand side but is not the best mover out there.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #43
Tennisace

MacFarlane vs. Sabs
MaryAnne had an entourage of fans...except none really seemed to know anything about tennis...including the very hot guy that looked to be her bf (he didn't even know how many points it was to a tiebreak). Not to mention they cheered Sabs' errors which started to pile up in the second set. "Mare" has a powerful serve and has great tenacity and in the second set, Mare was able to come back thanks to better play and Sabs just disappeared...she could not keep the ball in play for the life of her. Rich didn't even come out until I believe after she lost the second set. And then Sabs had to ask Wes (who was on the balcony for more water). In fact most times throughout this match and Lao's match I can't recall him even being on the court even though no other USC player was playing at the same time. Luckily, Sabs form started return in the third set. I heard from a more knowledgeable friend of the entourage that prior to this match MaryAnne had never taken a set of Sabs even in juniors.

Hardabeck vs. Oyen
I don't know what I was shocked at more, the result of this match or how Oyen was playing. I always thought that Oyen was more of a finese player (only saw her play once I believe), more of a slice and dice crafty player but in the first set she just overpowered Hardabeck. Oyen hit winners and dictated play. Hardabeck seemed slow and never really seem to get into rhythm. In the first set, I thought she was just asleep and going to make a comeback but that never materialized. Rance Brown commented on her serve "She's had so many lessons and it still looks like that." To which Robin (who is a sweetheart) said it looks slightly better.

Lao vs. Schutting
I'm a Cal fan at all but I have never been a big fan of Schutting. Yes she can hit the ball hard but she doesn't really go for winners/ when she does she hits about four feet from the lines. But I have to give her credit for her improved mental strength although have the time she gets into those situation because she can't close out a set. Case in point she was up 5-2 in the first set only to go to a tiebreak and then barely eek that out.

Georgia Team
They had the best camaraderie out of any team that I saw...and it didn't seem like it was just because there was a lot of them at the tournament. USC was eerily quiet/not present in the Sabs match and weren't watching the Lao match either.

DeBruckyer
Force that girl to hit an extra ball and she will hit it out.

Stanford
After Hardabeck lost, she commented to Tan "Isn't it suck that we all lost on the same day" to which Tan replied meekly. For being a national tournament, I don't know if its just me but I would kind of like to see players upset or at least unhappy that they lost. Same goes with Collins.

Anderson
She seems very friendly. Apparently she wants to go to Europe next summer...but not to play tennis. She thought it was incredulous that Muliwan is going to take summer courses this summer...they seem pretty close which makes sense since they are from the same area.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #44
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

thx for the info! Sofie overpowered Krista? Is really the end of the world approaching? Surprised Embree couldn't put the ball deep..since that's her greatest strength.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #45
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Georgia Team
They had the best camaraderie out of any team that I saw...and it didn't seem like it was just because there was a lot of them at the tournament. USC was eerily quiet/not present in the Sabs match and weren't watching the Lao match either.

CTSEMT(did I write this right? ), that's generous praise, since KK/Sabs only won 3, while Barte and Mal won 4. But KK did beat Barte/Mal with Sanchez, so she may well be the most talented dbls specialist in recent years I WAS very happy when KK committed to USC

So, they can aim for the GRAND SLAM if they win the NCAA! Did any women team achieve this?

- Woodrow Wilson