Azarenka's Grunting Proved a Sham - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #46
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Azarenka's Grunting Proved a Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
I can clearly hear noise, are you deaf? Oh that´s right you expect full blown adult noise from a 13 year old and the same sensitive all court sound system coverage as in a million dollar WTA main tour tournament.

I do and Maria delivered such back in the day.

Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #47
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
What are you trying to prove?
The video clearly proves that she didn't do what she does now, which is shriek on every shot.

Quote:
she is grunting after 0.35, 0.54, 1.25, 1.45 etc
Is that supposed to prove anything? (other than the fact that she made a noise twice in half an hour?

Dude quit defending the indefensible. Just say you don't mind her grunt and that it's OK to do it (if that is your point). But there's no need to invent a fictitious storyline in the face of clear evidence to the contrary. Just because you are a fan doesn't mean you have to get lost in a web of defensive lies and deceit, twitching and flipping to the point of automatically qualifying to be the chief contortionist at Cirque du Soleil

Last edited by Raiden : Nov 9th, 2012 at 10:00 PM.
Raiden is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #48
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
Grunting and Shrieking are two different things. But where was the shrieking/grunting on the serve that is the part of the game where everyone usually grunts and she doesn't do it in all her serves.

Though it's common knowledge that Azarenka doesn't shriek on practice and Sharapova does. However if you watch a let or a fault and when this two hit the ball you couldn't hear anything, that just bugs me. Cause even if it's a let or fault if you hit it there should be a sound as they said it's part of their breathing. And Sharapova will do anything to win, just watch the Petrova match. Well with Vika go watch the Aggie match or the other over-exaggerated injuries she had.

I think Serena proved it can be removed from your game completely though Serena only grunts when the match goes on, she is quiet at the beginning, at the YEC no grunt at all.
So you think it's fair to grunt only when things are getting tough but being silent when it's not needed? That's something I don't understand. So many people are trying to proof that Azarenka and Sharapova produce their noises deliberately but when players are grunting/screaming obviously deliberately (since they only start to get loud in tight situations or when they are in trouble) nobody seems to care.

PS: Just a general remark (not directed at you): Azarenka's noise is far from being a grunt, it's a shriek or a howl or whatever but it's certainly not a grunt.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #49
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's just me, but calling their grunting "fake" is nonsense. Most of you probably never played tennis to say such a thing.
First of all, saying not grunting all the time = fake is just plain out stupid.
Secondly, you would think that in the little time in between shots they have, they wouldn't be thinking of how loud they are going to grunt. To play tennis you have to be extremely concentrated. If you were thinking about how you were gonna "force" your grunt, you would not be a top player.
Anyway, grunting to me is more of an intensity thing.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #50
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
The video clearly proves that she didn't do what she does now, which is shriek on every shot.

Is that supposed to prove anything? (other than the fact that she made a noise twice in half an hour?

Dude quit defending the indefensible. Just say you don't mind her grunt. There's no need to invent fake stuff in the face of clear evidence. Just because you are a fan doesn't mean you have to get lost in a web of lies, twitching and flipping to the point of automatically qualifying to be the chief contortionist at Cirque du Soleil.
0.35, 0.54, 1.25, 1.45 - it's not twice in half an hour, it's 4 times in 2 minures..... she is shrieking from the start to the end of the video just having made several strikes without shrieking

Buy new earphones if you can't here it or go to audiologist

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #51
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
PS: Just a general remark (not directed at you): Azarenka's noise is far from being a grunt, it's a shriek or a howl or whatever but it's certainly not a grunt.
I think "grunt" is a collective term used for all the various noises (the reason why they don't say or write "shriek" is because that is an informal/vulgar slang)
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #52
country flag Cage

Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute

This thread

Vladimira Uhlirova
Cage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #53
country flag Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
0.35, 0.54, 1.25, 1.45 - it's not twice in half an hour, it's 4 times in 2 minures.....
OK even accepting that, you still come up short (cuz nowadays we all agree that Pova is not shrieking just merely 4 times in 2 minutes.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #54
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think "grunt" is a collective term used for all the various noises (the reason why they don't say or write "shriek" is because that is an informal/vulgar slang)
OK, thanks for the information! It's just that to me the term "grunt" sounds so terribly wrong to describe the sound Azarenka makes. Maybe it's also partly due to the fact that I have the dark/death metal kind of grunt in my mind when I hear this word.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #55
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK even accepting that, you still come up short (cuz nowadays we all agree that Pova is not shrieking just merely 4 times in 2 minutes.
actually 0.35, 0.54, 1.25, 1.45 means she was shrieking during these points , i didn't calculate all the shrieks....

Now i watched this video to the end it's just normal Sharapova's match with plenty of shrieking , so relax and take it easy ....

Sharapova sometimes even now can play 1 -2 points without shrieking , when she isn't taking much efforts

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #56
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage View Post
This thread
I went into GM for the first time in a while and I'm now reminded why I should stay away for even longer.

oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #57
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post

I do and Maria delivered such back in the day.

What a great result this match was

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #58
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Robertson View Post
What a ing brat
this. how embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Nonsense. You think people would rather watch Radwanska vs. Errani instead of Vika vs. Sharapova just because they make noise? Please..
some of us would, yes.

Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #59
country flag Mike_T

Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute Mike_T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
At certain points in that video, like at 1.08, she’s sounding like a Magimix blender!

Sharpie’s launched Sugarpova and I think Vika should launch Stfuvika Gobstoppers. Peace and quiet for all of us at last.

DONNA VEKIC LAURA ROBSON HEATHER WATSON STEFFI GRAF SERENA WILLIAMS
JELENA DOKIC AKGUL AMANMURADOVA SESIL KARATANTCHEVA SABINE LISICKI
____ VALENTINO ROSSI MARC MARQUEZ LEWIS HAMILTON SEBASTIEN LOEB ____
Mike_T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #60
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

They are cheaters.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote