Azarenka's Grunting Proved a Sham - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #16
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Azarenka's Grunting Proved a Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
To be fair to Vika, she is doing what Dokic (and a lot of other pro's are doing) and exhaling heavily when hitting the ball. Maybe she struggled with this, and added her shriek as a training technique to ensure she always did it. Watching the videos, you can see she doesn't always exhale, so as a coach it would be the perfect solution
Exactly, she has said several times that the noise is simply part of her breathing technique, if people would actually listen to her instead of foaming around the mouth this would be a non-issue.

It's how she plays and she would be absolutely crazy to change something that has gotten her to where she is now.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #17
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I know everyone has known that it is a shit excuse, but Sharapova and Azarenka still hide behind the excuse that they have been grunting their whole life. Here is Azarenka as a 13 Year Old:

Other info:
Sasha Khabibulina, a tennis player from Belarus, is the daughter of Nikolai Khabibulin, an Ice Hocket Goaley. They payed for Victoria to go to the states Her life is interesting I had seen Sasha before when I used to be a fan of Albina and Sasha's name always popped up
I can clearly hear noise, are you deaf? Oh that´s right you expect full blown adult noise from a 13 year old and the same sensitive all court sound system coverage as in a million dollar WTA main tour tournament.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #18
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

The grunting issue needs to be solved as it is a massive business issue for the WTA.
It's driving fans away from the game.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #19
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
The grunting issue needs to be solved as it is a massive business issue for the WTA.
It's driving fans away from the game.
Nonsense. You think people would rather watch Radwanska vs. Errani instead of Vika vs. Sharapova just because they make noise? Please..

The WTA has already said that nothing will be done in this regard, all measures only affect future players which is the right thing to do. They would be crazy forcing two of the world's top players that have by far the most interesting rivalry right now to change.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #20
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Nonsense. You think people would rather watch Radwanska vs. Errani instead of Vika vs. Sharapova just because they make noise? Please..
Agree, yet I'd rather to see TF without you though.

Back to this thread's topic.
These vids provided by the OP proved nothing.
In other words, that's a fail thread.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #21
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly, she has said several times that the noise is simply part of her breathing technique, if people would actually listen to her instead of foaming around the mouth this would be a non-issue.

It's how she plays and she would be absolutely crazy to change something that has gotten her to where she is now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
I can clearly hear noise, are you deaf? Oh that´s right you expect full blown adult noise from a 13 year old and the same sensitive all court sound system coverage as in a million dollar WTA main tour tournament.
Quote:

The WTA has already said that nothing will be done in this regard, all measures only affect future players which is the right thing to do. They would be crazy forcing two of the world's top players that have by far the most interesting rivalry right now to change.
NID

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #22
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

The joy of off-season.

Look!

Kittens!

"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #23
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlicznie View Post
Agree, yet I'd rather to see TF without you though.
What an amusingly random thing to say

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #24
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
The joy of off-season.

Look!

Kittens!

Mod derailing a thread. Only in the off-season.

Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #25
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #26
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

This is the most hilarious highlights video ever. Azarenka shrieks last almost until the ball's on Pennetta's racket, then from 6:45 she forgot to add that stupid fake shriek

Oh, how joyful would WTA's final rounds be if Vuvurenka/Screamapova stopped their fake shrieking altogether.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #27
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Young Vika was so adorable.
Sharapova, not so much.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #28
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

The thread title and peoples' defensive responses is a bit over the top , but these videos prove that Vika did not always grunt. Basically, the Vika grunt as we know it is not in these videos. Even today, when getting dinged, she doesn't shriek/grunt as much.

In the same vein, I noticed in the clip from the Schaul/Maria match (when it was in the Schaul thread) that Maria was not grunting for all intents and purposes. Even if she had minute grunts at "0.35, 0.54, 1.25, 1.45," for the most part she is not doing the Sharapova grunt/shriek as we know it. Both claims that they always did it are b.s. They both have made concentrated efforts to use the grunt. Same as the other players who have used it.

What I find interesting in this clip is seeing Vika's outrageous service motion and her petulance at losing. Maybe Vika serve would be better if she started doing that little back-kick again.

As well, was that her as a young fire-bug? Who was that girl with the match? Vika?
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #29
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
This is the most hilarious highlights video ever. Azarenka shrieks last almost until the ball's on Pennetta's racket, then from 6:45 she forgot to add that stupid fake shriek

Oh, how joyful would WTA's final rounds be if Vuvurenka/Screamapova stopped their fake shrieking altogether.

Awesome, breathing technique my ass, if someone believes in this

I don't mind the shrieking that much, but it's clearly a tactical thing when it becomes that exaggerated and then stops, which happens very often at some point of Maria and Vika's matches.

Many others do this aswell, but it's not that loud so no one cares.
As long as there is no uprising of the other players, who cares, i mean if it were that much of a deal for all of them the WTA would have banned it already.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic, Svitolina, Kuznetsova

Last edited by Ziva : Nov 9th, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #30
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

Her and Sharapova are the biggest cheaters in the game. Vile characters that will stoop as low as screaming on every shot to put opponents off - yet the other players are too scared to speak up. Sad.
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote