Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 58 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 01:10 PM   #856
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
From a NZ newspaper:

German tennis star Julia Goerges, the world number 18, will return to Auckland as one of the top seeds in the ASB Classic next month. The 24-year-old, just confirmed as one of the star attractions, built on her 2011 breakthrough year with another strong showing in 2012. She reached the fourth round of the Australian Open and played in two finals although without adding to her tally of two tournament victories. Goerges takes questions from the Herald.

This is your fourth consecutive visit to the ASB tournament - how do you rate your previous performances?

I love starting the year in Auckland, and the important thing is to get as many matches as possible under my belt. Unfortunately I got sick last time but still managed to win a tough first round match. Prior to that I've played good matches but unfortunately it was not possible last year.

How do you spend the off-season?

Because we travel so much during the season, I enjoy being at home with family and friends. I have just had laser eye surgery which went very well - I'm very happy about that because I had pretty bad eyes. I'm about to spend four days in a wellness hotel near the sea where I'll start running straight away.

How does the Auckland surface rate in terms of your preferences?

I like the hardcourts in New Zealand and Australia as it bounces and is not so fast. I like that a lot because I have a bit more time to create my game.

Your parents were in Auckland for the 2012 tournament - do they often travel to watch you and will they be here again?

They won't be in Auckland this time. They normally travel to watch me in the Grand Slams except for the Australian Open.

Do you set specific goals each season - if so, what might be your 2013 aims?

My coach and I haven't talked about those yet but I will know more by the time I get to Auckland.

What is the best match you have ever played?

I can't pick out one particular match - but I've had good ones against Sam Stosur and also Maria Sharapova one year in Melbourne. What is most important for me is that I am satisfied with myself and give it all on the court.

Your worst moment in tennis?

There are always ups and downs in a career. So far I have improved every year which is a great achievement for me because I feel I am getting closer to the top each time. But I have had some rough months every season and that is what I am working on fixing.

What is your favourite tournament and why?

I love Melbourne and the Australian Open, which is special for me. It is far away from home but it feels like home with so many great people there. Auckland is among the many tournaments where I feel well treated. The organisation in Auckland is amazing and it feels like a big family there. I also like the Stuttgart tournament, not just because I won it - it's just amazing, the food, the arena. It's also the only German tournament left.

Who was your childhood hero?

Martina Hingis - I loved the way she played.

You have played Serena Williams twice - what stands out about facing the tennis legend?She killed me once but I had some real chances on the other occasion. You always want to face the best players and compete against them but you don't want to forget that it is just another woman you are playing against. Sometimes you can think too much about their reputation and success. It is always an honour to play against those legends and you always take something out of the match ... and must always believe you can win.

Is there one thing you would like to change in tennis?

Sometimes it would be nice to reduce the amount of travel although that's not really possible and it is your job, and a great job. But travelling across time zones a lot and flying long distances then playing the next day - it can be very tough and destroys your body sometimes.

What is the best advice you have received?

Play to win. Nothing is impossible, and give it all you have.

If you weren't a tennis professional, what would you be?

I would probably work in an office, in a hotel maybe, as I like computers and doing tax stuff and writing bills and stuff like that.

Your hobbies?

Hanging out with friends and family and shopping. I like watching sport such as German soccer - I am a huge fan of Bayern Munich and love biathlons.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Advertisement

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #857
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Letter from her homepage:

Quote:
Dear Fans,
an exciting year is about to end. I really don't know if I am 100% satisfied with my performance this year or not.

I finished the year in the Top 20 for the very first time. And even in doubles I have reached my career high ranking of 21 in the world. Although I had some health issues during the year and in some tournaments I didn't play my best tennis.
Those are the things which I have to improve in 2013 to make the next step. Finally I have to see that specially the last quarter of the season was on a good level and satisfied me plus it brought me to my best year end ranking in singles and doubles.
My team and I are looking forward to the next year and we want more.

A big "Thank you" goes to my sponsors. A lot wouldn't be possible without them.
And of course a thanks to all my fantastic fans for the great support

Last but not least a big "Thank you" goes to my team for the great and hard work throughout
the whole year. I appreciate it a lot and I am looking forward to the future with all of you!

Yours Jule
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #858
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

And in German:

Quote:
Liebe Fans!
Ein ereignisreiches Jahr neigt sich langsam dem Ende zu. Sportlich bin ich ein bisschen im Zwiespalt, ob es für mich ein zufriedenstellendes Jahr war oder nicht. Ich habe zum ersten Mal in meiner Karriere das Jahr in den Top 20 beendet und auch im Doppel mit dem Weltranglistenplatz 21 mein höchstes Ranking erreicht. Trotzdem hatte ich im Laufe des Jahres gesundheitliche Probleme und kam bei einigen Turnieren einfach nicht an mein mögliches Top-Niveau heran.

Dieses gilt es in der kommenden WTA-Saison 2013 besser zu machen, damit meine sportliche Entwicklung weitergehen kann. Mein persönliches Fazit ist nach näherer Betrachtung ein positives, denn gerade die Leistungen im letzten Viertel der Saison haben mich zufriedengestellt und mir das beste Abschluss-Ranking meiner Karriere im Einzel sowie im Doppel beschert.

Mein Team und ich freuen uns auf die nächste Saison und wir wollen jetzt natürlich mehr.

Ein großes Dankeschön geht an meine Sponsoren, ohne die vieles nicht möglich wäre und natürlich an alle meine Fans für die fantastische Unterstützung über das ganze Jahr. Last but not least DANKE an mein Team für die unglaubliche und harte Arbeit über das ganze Jahr zusammen mit mir.. Ich weiß es wirklich sehr zu schätzen und freue mich schon auf die nächste Saison mit Euch.

Liebe Grüsse
Eure Jule
I love the "we want more" bit. But actually she wrote (in German): "Naturally we want more now". Sounds even more ambitious Guess we can look forward to a great season 2013
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #859
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

("What did you write about?")

Hm, what about looking up yourself?
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #860
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Becker on twitter is like a car crash, horrible but you can't stop watching.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #861
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

He was obviously making conversation
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #862
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post

Hm, what about looking up yourself?
Becker was a little clumsy on and off the court at times but he is not stupid at all.
Julia does not really tell very much of content in this letter.
So it probably was meant ironically.

And of course, this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
He was obviously making conversation

Last edited by joy division : Nov 9th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #863
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Well he was RTing fake account writing to RIo Ferdinand then what he thinks of it

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #864
country flag Dispeker

Doesn't sound ironic at all to me, tbh. IMO, it's either another example of his clumsiness (which is likely) or he just doesn't want to be bothered with reading something. The three-time Wimbledon champion wants to be informed instead. Actually Julia can count herself lucky that he graced her with his attention in the first place.

And conversation? What did he expect her to answer him? "Well Boris, in my letter I write about my season, team, great sponsors, etc..." I mean if he wanted to get a little conversation started he just could have said: "good letter" (even if he didn't mean it), then he would have given Julia an easy opportunity to answer.

We'll see how she reacts
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #865
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post

We'll see how she reacts
How about

Quote:
Boa geil Boris, du liest meine tweets ?
or

Quote:
Lies halt nach, du Eierkopp.
Oder haste keinen Computer ?
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #866
country flag KatjaS

Julia isn't the kind of woman Becker usually chases. It's just Becker being Becker. Somewhere in his mind the question makes sense.
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #867
country flag Dispeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Lies halt nach, du Eierkopp.
Oder haste keinen Computer ?
Hätt ich gut gefunden.
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #868
country flag Dispeker

A new letter:

Quote:
Hello Fans
I have started my practice after some weeks off. The first days were pretty tough, but it's getting better and better day by day.
Actually it is really cold right now in Germany and my team and I decided to do this years off season training in Portugal. We are training here in the Cascade Performance Sports Academy in Lagos.
We came here one week ago and will stay for some more weeks.
The place is just awesome. You have everything what you need for a great off season. It has an awesome gym, great courts, mountains and of course better weather than in Germany;-)

Since Friday my team is completed with Raj Chaudhuri and Jill Craybas coming here as well. Having your best friend with you during the hard work is always nice.

I will take some more nice pictures while I am in Portugal and will post them on my homepage soon.

See you soon
Jule
Quote:
Hallo Fans,
nachdem ich zuletzt in Deutschland mein Training für die neue Saison voll aufgenommen habe, waren nach meiner Erholungsphase die ersten Tage mit dem intensiven Trainingsplan meines Trainers Sascha Nensel doch ganz schön anstrengend. Und so richtig warm war es in Norddeutschland ja auch nicht.

Seit einer Woche trainieren wir jetzt aber in der Cascade Performance Sports Academy in Lagos/Portugal und machen in vielen Bereichen sehr gute Fortschritte. Die Trainings-Bedingungen auf der Anlage sind für Tennisspieler perfekt und die ganze Hotelanlage dazu einfach traumhaft. Dazu gefällt mir das Wetter hier natürlich wesentlich besser :-)

Am Freitag sind auch meine Freundin Jill Craybas und mein Fitness-Coach Raj Chaudhuri hier angekommen. Gemeinsam werden wir jetzt noch einmal alles für den perfekten Saisonauftakt 2013 geben.

Bis bald
Eure Julia
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #869
country flag KatjaS

There is apparently a big interview with Julia in the Austrian magazine "Sportmagazin" this month. They tweeted a picture of the first page: click.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #870
country flag marts30

marts30 is just really nice marts30 is just really nice marts30 is just really nice marts30 is just really nice marts30 is just really nice marts30 is just really nice marts30 is just really nice marts30 is just really nice marts30 is just really nice marts30 is just really nice marts30 is just really nice

Everytime she mentions Jill she has to throw in the 'best friend' line too
marts30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote