2012 National Indoors - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 31st, 2012, 04:51 PM   #1
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all
2012 National Indoors

Selections were posted this morning: http://www.itatennis.com/Events/USTA...Selections.htm

The at-large and wild-card selections to complete the field are:

Brynn Boren (University of Tennessee) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Zoe De Bruycker (University of North Carolina) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Sofie Oyen (University of Florida) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Caroline Rohde-Moe (University of Mississippi) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Sabrina Santamaria (University of Southern California) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Anett Schutting (University of California, Berkeley) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Natalie Beazant (Rice University) - At-Large Selection
Maho Kowase (University of Georgia) - At-Large Selection
Gina Suarez-Malaguti (University of North Carolina) - At-Large Selection
Zsofi Susanyi (University of California, Berkeley) - At-Large Selection
Abigail Tere-Apisah (Georgia State University) - At-Large Selection
Danielle Collins (University of Florida) - USTA Wild Card
Katie Le (Santa Clara University) - USTA Wild Card
Nicole Bartnik (Columbia University) - Columbia [Host] Wild Card

Doubles:
Robin Anderson/Pamela Montez (University of California, Los Angeles) - At-Large Selection
Gabriella DeSimone/Zoe Scandalis (University of Southern California) - At-Large Selection
Stephanie Nauta/Li Xi (University of Virginia) - At-Large Selection
Ashley Dai/Whitney Kay (University of North Carolina) - USTA Wild Card
Bianca Sanon/Tiana Takenaga (Columbia University) - Columbia [Host] Wild Card

Thoughts:

No Gibbs or Capra Happy to see the wildcards for both Collins and Le though.

It looks like the ITA declined to use its wild-card so there was a 5th at-large for non-regional finalists. Oddly, one of them was somehow awarded to Suarez-Malaguti (UNC) would did not compete in regionals. Granted she is undefeated on the fall and probably deserves it, but not sure how that falls with the stated criteria.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 04:51 AM   #2
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 National Indoors

Surprised that Burgic was not selected.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:52 PM   #3
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

USC is sending a record 3 teams in Dbls

No players from Baylor, Texas and MICH.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:01 PM   #4
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Selections were posted this morning: http://www.itatennis.com/Events/USTA...Selections.htm

The at-large and wild-card selections to complete the field are:

Brynn Boren (University of Tennessee) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Zoe De Bruycker (University of North Carolina) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Sofie Oyen (University of Florida) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Caroline Rohde-Moe (University of Mississippi) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Sabrina Santamaria (University of Southern California) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Anett Schutting (University of California, Berkeley) - At-Large Selection [Regional Finalist]
Natalie Beazant (Rice University) - At-Large Selection
Maho Kowase (University of Georgia) - At-Large Selection
Gina Suarez-Malaguti (University of North Carolina) - At-Large Selection
Zsofi Susanyi (University of California, Berkeley) - At-Large Selection
Abigail Tere-Apisah (Georgia State University) - At-Large Selection
Danielle Collins (University of Florida) - USTA Wild Card
Katie Le (Santa Clara University) - USTA Wild Card
Nicole Bartnik (Columbia University) - Columbia [Host] Wild Card

Doubles:
Robin Anderson/Pamela Montez (University of California, Los Angeles) - At-Large Selection
Gabriella DeSimone/Zoe Scandalis (University of Southern California) - At-Large Selection
Stephanie Nauta/Li Xi (University of Virginia) - At-Large Selection
Ashley Dai/Whitney Kay (University of North Carolina) - USTA Wild Card
Bianca Sanon/Tiana Takenaga (Columbia University) - Columbia [Host] Wild Card

Thoughts:

No Gibbs or Capra Happy to see the wildcards for both Collins and Le though.

It looks like the ITA declined to use its wild-card so there was a 5th at-large for non-regional finalists. Oddly, one of them was somehow awarded to Suarez-Malaguti (UNC) would did not compete in regionals. Granted she is undefeated on the fall and probably deserves it, but not sure how that falls with the stated criteria.
The website says Gina is ITA wild card.

Bektas, Tan didn't make the At-Large cut.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:35 PM   #5
country flag fantic

SE Regional semifinalists were all selected.

Oyen def. Kowase
Herring def. Tere-Apisah

All Pac 12 and SEC players that satisfied the criteria were selected it seems.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:44 PM   #6
country flag fantic

Le and Suarez-Malaguti didn't play the Regionals. Gina didn't play WAATC either.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 07:02 PM   #7
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
The website says Gina is ITA wild card.
They must have changed it from the initial release - that does make much more sense though.
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #8
country flag CTSEMT

The draws are posted on the ITA site: http://www.itatennis.com/Events/USTA...nalIndoors.htm

No Julia Elbaba Looks like she was replaced by Whitney Kay.

The seeds seem pretty random.

Singles:
1) Embree
2) Sanchez-Quintanar
3) Scandalis
4) Hardebeck
5) Anderson
6) Mar
7) Macfarlane
8) Herring

Doubles:
1) Christian/Santamaria
2) Boren/Szekely
3) Belaya/Loomans
4) Kopinski/White

In Singles, CSQ vs Danielle Lao highlights round 1 and Embree could face Susanyi in rd 2.
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 05:52 AM   #9
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

Why was Julia Elbaba replaced? Injury? Shame coz she's a really good player....

They should have given her spot to Li Xi from UVA.
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #10
country flag CTSEMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
Why was Julia Elbaba replaced? Injury? Shame coz she's a really good player....

They should have given her spot to Li Xi from UVA.
From zootennis:

Quote:
All-American finalist Julia Elbaba's absence is not related to the weather, but to injury. The University of Virginia freshman is suffering from stress trauma, not as serious as a stress fracture, but requiring rest. University of North Carolina's Whitney Kay, who was already in the doubles field, will take her place in the draw.
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #11
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

No Gibbs. Still injured or she has something else on her mind? I am sure Hardebeck is going to want to make a statement. Competition is good.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #12
country flag fantic

singles draw seems to be top heavy. Krista certainly could go far.
So far the biggest upset is UVA dbls team def. UCLA.

USC vs STAN dbls could be a blast. Tough 1st rd for the defending Champs.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #13
country flag fantic

UVA dbls going strong. Epstein/Vierra def. UCLA and just now Nauta/Xi def. the Illinois team
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #14
country flag fantic

marquee match for tomorrow; PEPP vs TENN
Both defeated UGA and USC respectively by the same score, 8-3

USC vs UNC will be interesting too.

KK and Kay were elite dbls partners in their junior years. Now they meet as opponents.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #15
country flag fantic

2 Californians lost today.

And both are named Zoe

Especially Zoe losing to Brynn by 1,2 ..scandalous
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles