Donna Vekic - Page 181 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #2701
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

By the way Donna's official year end WTA ranking is #118! She finished 2011 at #392, so a very big jump. She's the youngest player to end the year in the Top 500.

I said this at the end of last year, so she exceeded my expectations
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
I think a Top 200-250 year ending ranking on the WTA is a realistic goal for 2012.
Anyway, probably Tanasugarn in the quarterfinals of Pune. She's former Top 20 and Wimbledon quarterfinalist but at 35 years old (almost double Donna's age!) she's past her peak. That being said Donna probably can't afford to have one of her lapses again this time after winning the first set.

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #2702
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
By the way Donna's official year end WTA ranking is #118! She finished 2011 at #392, so a very big jump. She's the youngest player to end the year in the Top 500.

I said this at the end of last year, so she exceeded my expectations

Anyway, probably Tanasugarn in the quarterfinals of Pune. She's former Top 20 and Wimbledon quarterfinalist but at 35 years old (almost double Donna's age!) she's past her peak. That being said Donna probably can't afford to have one of her lapses again this time after winning the first set.
Tamarine is 2 3/16 times as old as Donna
It will be a very interesting match
I wish I could watch

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #2703
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

^Oops, I meant more than double Donna's age

Anyway I thought this event was supposed to be livestreamed but apparently not Taipei was last week...
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #2704
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So that really is official year end ranking no matter how well she does here in Pune?
Really unbelievable that she is the youngest player in top 500, shows how great it is what she accomplished this year.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #2705
BlueTrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
So that really is official year end ranking no matter how well she does here in Pune?
Really unbelievable that she is the youngest player in top 500, shows how great it is what she accomplished this year.
Yeah, on her ITF bio it has her year end ranking: http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...erid=100157071

It would've been cool to finish the year as the youngest in the Top 100, but oh well, it's inevitable she'll do that next year
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #2706
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^Oops, I meant more than double Donna's age

Anyway I thought this event was supposed to be livestreamed but apparently not Taipei was last week...
I thought so I didn't think you'd forget her age
But yeah, I may pay her out because she's been to more Stan's then there are people, but she really is a big talent. Croatia's got a big opportunity here She's a good one

They cancelled the livestreaming

EDIT: Tanasugarn is losing to Buyukakcay so Donna may get the easier opponent

Also from her interview at the Tashkent Open:
Q. Yes as a junior will you have tournament restrictions due to your age ?

A. I leave it to my coach , he is a great guy and he will plan out the right schedule for me , the only thing for me is to focus
So David is costing all the money and making Donna go to dangerous locations

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Nov 7th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #2707
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I thought so I didn't think you'd forget her age
But yeah, I may pay her out because she's been to more Stan's then there are people, but she really is a big talent. Croatia's got a big opportunity here She's a good one

They cancelled the livestreaming

EDIT: Tanasugarn is losing to Buyukakcay so Donna may get the easier opponent

Also from her interview at the Tashkent Open:
Q. Yes as a junior will you have tournament restrictions due to your age ?

A. I leave it to my coach , he is a great guy and he will plan out the right schedule for me , the only thing for me is to focus
So David is costing all the money and making Donna go to dangerous locations
Yes, I think her match schedule is pretty good
SurfingPikachu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #2708
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

Donna will plat against Tanasugarn T. (Tha) next round who defeat Buyukakcay C. (Tur)46 63 63... Good luck, Donna!
SurfingPikachu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #2709
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

You guys are taking Tanasugarn too seriosuly. An in form Donna won't have any sort of problem with her. Now, let's see if the in form Donna will show up.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #2710
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's a really fantastic achievement.

So does Pune count towards 2013's race?
Wintermute is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #2711
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I won my match today vs. Kalashnikova from Georgia (6-2, 4-6, 6-0). It was not one of my best performances, but the good run continues! I have a day off so I'll be back on the practice court preparing for Friday's quarter final! Thank you to my fans all over the world for your support.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #2712
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201211...256076_2973579
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #2713
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

thanks to juan pablo

Last edited by paulmara : Nov 7th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #2714
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

I don't know if I am looking wright way on rankings, but in my calculations Donna will make it into Top 100 if she beats Tamarine
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #2715
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
I don't know if I am looking wright way on rankings, but in my calculations Donna will make it into Top 100 if she beats Tamarine
Yes, according to TBE's ranking update thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=450900).

On TBE's thread, Donna is currently at #109, with 620 points. If she beats Tanasugarn, she'll have 661 points, enough for #100, at least temporarily (there's a couple of players who could still overtake her this week).
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread