Online match finder - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 17th, 2011, 12:43 AM   #1
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute
Online match finder

Might as well post it here too. I have been working on an online tool to look up matches.

Version 3

http://kworb.net/wta

What's changed:

- Much larger database (nearly 250,000 matches), going back to the 60s. But not extensive until the 80s.
- Category selection. You can combine this with the name/country selection, so for example you can get all matches by an American player while they were top 5.
- More detailed surface data, including indoor/outdoor choice.
- Continent selection.
- Select player difference in ranking, age, and height.

Needs testing

It is still a work in progress. I can't test every possible query so if you discover anything wrong or strange, please tell me. I should note that I estimated the tournament types (Tier I, Tier II, etc.) based on the prize money involved as there was no other way to parse it from the WTA site. So this can be incorrect. I am in the process of fixing it.

Some examples of how to use:

You want to know which finals Serena played in Europe.

Type in Player A name: Serena
Under "which rounds", select: "F"
Under "continent", select: "Europe"
Click "Submit"

You want to know the finals where a British player defeated an American player.

Under Player A country select: "United Kingdom"
Under Player B country select: "United States"
Change "which years?" to "Before 1981 to 2001"
Under "which rounds", select: "F"
Under "won by?", select: "Player A"
Click "Submit"

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75 AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60
LAUREN DAVIS 60 76 CAMILA GIORGI 46 63 75 BOJANA JOVANOVSKI 63 36 75

Last edited by Kworb : Sep 18th, 2011 at 04:27 AM.
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2011, 03:52 AM   #2
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Online match finder

Updated the database, it now has all the matches up to and including USO 2011. Also added more pre-1981 matches.

Old Sep 24th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #3
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Well I went to your website when you first mentioned it what seems like a long time ago and found some things difficult to use. Just went in now because the WTA site is so cumbersome and limitted and it gives me everything I can think of that I want and so easy to use. Good job here.

I'll let you know if I find anything - but doessn't seem to be anything you can't find from this and I've bookmarked the site.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 01:17 PM   #4
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
Updated the database, it now has all the matches up to and including USO 2011. Also added more pre-1981 matches.
Next Update?
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 12:09 AM   #5
country flag amirbachar

amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light amirbachar is a glorious beacon of light

Great site!
amirbachar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #6
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Well I went to your website when you first mentioned it what seems like a long time ago and found some things difficult to use. Just went in now because the WTA site is so cumbersome and limitted and it gives me everything I can think of that I want and so easy to use. Good job here.

I'll let you know if I find anything - but doessn't seem to be anything you can't find from this and I've bookmarked the site.
Thank you again for your comments on the first version, they helped me shape this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
Next Update?
Probably in a month. That's more convenient for me.

Old Jan 14th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #7
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Finally updated with the rest of 2011. Planned updates are after AO, after Miami, after Wimbledon, after US Open and after YEC. Also working on some other cool stuff like player pages and tournament pages, hope to roll that out soon.

Old Mar 10th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #8
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

i love it...bookmarked the link and use it more often than WTA site to find head to head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #9
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

update?
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #10
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

waiting for the update... thanks!
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #11
country flag SerenaMJ

SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future SerenaMJ has a brilliant future

This is my favourite tool to look up matches. Can we get an update anytime soon?

My Twitter Serena followed me on 13/12/2013
SerenaMJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:38 AM   #12
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Sorry, my interest in WTA is nearly gone so I haven't been very motivated to work on it. I'm not gonna promise anything but I'll try to add 2012's matches before the end of the year.

Old Dec 26th, 2012, 04:02 AM   #13
country flag quenelle

quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold

This is a great tool, I'm disappointed you aren't able to update it. If there's any way I could help you with data entry or something to get it updated please PM me.
quenelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #14
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Hmm this is gonna be even more difficult than I thought. The way the WTA site is set up now, it's gonna be a lot harder to fetch data from it.