Superstition - Will Masha win another slam in 2013? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 6th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #16
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Superstition - Is Masha going to win another slam in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I've already read an article predicting that Serena would win all four slams next year. Scary thought, but based on what we saw in the second half of 2012, I don't blame the media for going all in with Serena. It could definitely happen if she's as healthy and focused in 2013. But I've already said how much Serena sucks the fun out of watching tennis for me, so I try not to think about it too much.

Truthfully, I prefer seeing Serena win instead of Vika, so "The Injured One" getting shut out would be a small consolation.

As for Maria, I like where she is with her game in many ways. If she stays healthy, I think she's now entering the peak of her career. She can play some great tennis in these next few years if she keeps that fire and desire. Her attitude remains awesome and she seems very content and happy with her life. If she continues to improve her game, there's no reason why she can't win several more tournaments and get to slam finals. Serena keeps me from making predictions in 2013. Remember, Maria made those 3 slam finals in the past two years with Serena struggling to return from her injury. She took great advantage of that. Based on the way Maria played this year, I would confidently predict at least 2 slam finals appearances with one victory for her in 2013 if Serena was out of the picture. But with her around, I'll take a cautious wait and see approach and hope for the best.
The media always hops on the Serena bandwagon and then something goes wrong. Like I think she's the best ever and all, but she's never been the dominant player for longer than 12 months at a time. She's hasn't stayed healthy that long, so it'll be a first if Serena dominates next year from beginning to end. I think she'll probably defend her 2 slams, but I'm not about to pick against Maria at Paris and IDK if Serena will be as dominant in OZ just cause the surface is slower.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 6th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #17
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

she has made 3 GS finals and 2 SF in last 7 slams so i expect her to reach some finals next year but the problem will be opponent in the final, where are those time when she beat Serena, Henin and Ivanovic to winning slams Errani is good player but nowhere near to those three

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #18
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Honestly, I'm one of those who's predicting another Serena Slam. Nobody is going to beat her at Wimbledon, that's for sure. She'll be extremely motivated to win the French and she has a very good chance. As for the two HC majors, who's there to beat her? Vika? She's just so incredibly superior to her competition If an upset happens though, Maria needs to seize the opportunity!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote