The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu (Cheering Thread) - Page 116 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 01:36 PM   #1726
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

No, it doesn't for me.

If she wins the whole thing her ranking would be #58 as of now, unexpected a couple of weeks earlier.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 01:42 PM   #1727
country flag soimu

soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold

Yes, saving a bad year just in time.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM   #1728
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Great win
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM   #1729
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Defeated Pliskova 6-3 6-1

Great match, didn't face a single BP and really toyed around with her opponent hitting passing shot winner from both sides when she wanted to.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:39 PM   #1730
country flag soimu

soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold

Nice.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:53 PM   #1731
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She is really playing good
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 08:25 PM   #1732
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Won 36 63 62 over Razzano

Putinsteva awaits in the final, it should be ok.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 08:26 PM   #1733
country flag Curcubeu

Amazing match for 50k level.

So many great passing shots by Monica, so many great volleys by Virginie. Enjoyable performace all around.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #1734
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

63 62 The Queen is back in the top 60
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #1735
country flag Curcubeu

Amazing last couple of games, pity luckily my stream had no tune and was freezing every few seconds .

I hope she is having a great off-season now and can fully concentrate on the Australian swing. The AO has usually been her best Slam of the season.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #1736
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Well done Moni And seeing my faves beating Putintseva is always a good thing. Enjoy your off-season, Moni
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #1737
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

It was only the fith time this year that she wins back to back matches
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #1738
country flag Curcubeu

And her first title since some 25k in 2007.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Nov 4th, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #1739
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
It was only the fith time this year that she wins back to back matches
Yes, but from a more postive outlook, her 3rd time in three weeks that she won at least 3 matches in a row.

12-2 in three weeks with 12 set straight wins is a really positive way to finish the year. And her 1st title in almost 5 years, when she had that great run winning 25ks in Istanbul, and then 2 in Australia, Port Pirie and Mount Gambier. That run of titles really was her launchpad into the top 100 and she then started 2008 full of confidence.

It's funny, Monica has almost always finished tennis seasons really well, with the exceptions of 2009 and 2010. But 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2012 were all great finishes. Now let's hope Monica can start next year as well as she finished this one. If she can she could very easily find herself at the start of March in the top 50 with virtually no ranking points to defend until close to the end of the year. That would be an eviable position to be in for sure.

Honestly, I feel very postive about 2013 for Monica. I think it is going to be easily her best year on the tour. That's just my gut feeling.
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #1740
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

So happy with her performance. Glad to see she is on the right way back after this horrible injury time..so great fighter, like her so much!!!! MONICA!!!!!

Last edited by Saraya! : Nov 11th, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote