$75,000 Barnstaple (GBR) 2012 | Oct 29 (Winner: Annika Beck) - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 11:42 AM   #226
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute
Re: $75,000 Barnstaple (GBR) 2012 | Oct 29 (Draws)

Few notes from yesterday;

Brengle d. Oprandi - both players were complaining a lot from the start but Romina really didn't want to be there and I'm pretty sure she mumbled 'what the hell am I doing in this fucking country' towards the end of the first set. She served for the first set at *54 but got broken. I actually thought she looked much more threatening when she was hitting normal strokes and her in-to-out FH was very effective at certain points in the match. Her slices were all rather inoccuous and she didn't have too much success with the drop-shots which Brengle read very well and got up to very quickly. Oprandi's level dropped a lot in the second set but Brengle played very well. She doesn't hit the ball that hard but she hits it very flat (I was watching it from behind the baseline and her BH had little margin for error with the height over the net) and she went down the lines quite a lot to keep Oprandi on the run while Oprandi played quite centrally in a lot of the rallies.

It's always hard to tell with Romina but she might have been carrying an injury. I think she had some strapping on her thigh and she looked a bit lame when she left the court and the guy standing next to me said she had some quite intensive treatment on an injury yesterday but she looked fine in her doubles match.

Dolonc vs. Kerkhove - wasn't paying too much attention to this match. Kerhkove has a pretty big serve and groundstrokes but Dolonc has far superior rallying shots and moves much, much better.

Daniilidou vs. Bychkova - really enjoyed this match. There were a lot of long, grueling rallies with both players trying loads different stuff to win the rallies. Eleni has a new coach and she's looking in pretty good shape (I doubt she would have been able to stick in some of the rallies about 2-3y ago) and her serve held up very well through the match which isn't very Eleni-esque. Bychkova's first serve still has a lot of pace on it but the placement got a bit predictable and it kinda deserted her at pivotal points (when she served for the first set and serving to stay in the match). She hit her BH DTL very well at some points in the match too. TBH the match was very closely contested and could have gone either way but I think Eleni's greater versatility and consistency probably clinched it.

I'm quite surprised Eleni got back into it because she was acting in a very defeatist manner after the first set. She said 'can't believe I'm losing even though I'm playing my best fucking tennis' and there were a lot of other assorted f-bombs during the match (and during the day!). She also said something else under her breath which had the people next to me in fits for a while.

Other;
Whenever I glanced over at Koehler vs. Birnerova, every rally seemed to end in some crass UE (normally an error from Koehler's BH!)

I saw Webley-Smith almost beat Zakopalova at Wimbledon a few years ago. She was playing superb tennis on that day but she was absolutely awful in doubles yesterday.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"

Last edited by nevetssllim : Nov 2nd, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 11:44 AM   #227
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Thanks for the write up! Eleni
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM   #228
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Madison Brengle (USA) d. (1)Romina Oprandi (SUI) 76(3) 61
This is Mad's biggest win in years
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:10 PM   #229
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute

All today's singles matches will be played on Court Two?
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:11 PM   #230
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorche View Post
All today's singles matches will be played on Court Two?
Birnerova vs. Sibille is on court 4, other three singles matches are on court 2.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:15 PM   #231
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Birnerova vs. Sibille is on court 4, other three singles matches are on court 2.
Great, that means that we will be able to watch Dolonc?
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:23 PM   #232
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorche View Post
Great, that means that we will be able to watch Dolonc?
yes
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM   #233
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

(6)Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) d. Madison Brengle (USA) 63 26 63
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:00 PM   #234
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Leni Madison
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM   #235
country flag Zin

Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of

Sibille-Birnerova 64... Too bad I can't watch this match
Zin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:49 PM   #236
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

(Q)Constance Sibille (FRA) d. Eva Birnerova (CZE) 64 64
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM   #237
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Omg Constance did it again what a week
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:52 PM   #238
country flag Zin

Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of

God, that's amazing Given Eva's form, that's an even better win than yesterday.

Last edited by Zin : Nov 2nd, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Zin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:00 PM   #239
country flag Jose.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute

Sibille again
Jose. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM   #240
country flag Nicolas

Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute Nicolas has a reputation beyond repute

birnerova
Nicolas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote