Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 307 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 10:50 AM   #4591
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens K A View Post
They do claim that in http://sofia-tennis.bg/en/news/Carol...mifinalist-165, but I think they are wrong. Wozniacki needs at least 6 games against Hantuchova to be certain of the semifinals, but she will probably advance even with 0 games.
Thanks for the rules @ Jens K A. The scenario you propose is very interesting as well and I'll be happy to know the official answer (although if it's unlikely that they answer you).

However, I've been musing on it myself and I think you could be wrong.

On page 178 they said:"If three (3) players each have one (1) win, a player having played less than all three (3) matches is automatically
eliminated and the player advancing to the single elimination
competition is the winner of the match-up of the two
(2) players tied with 1-2 records".

It's therefore possible that the three-way tie rules apply only in a situation where 3 contestants have only one win each. I've saw nothing about your scenario, in which 3 players have 2 wins and a loss. Logic would dictate that Caroline is actually not tied with her opponents, since she'll have a positive H2H against them.

In any case, that's an interesting suject of reflection. Decidedly, the Round Robin is full of mysteries
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 11:00 AM   #4592
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
They had a clock on the frontpage of the website which showed CET time instead of Sofia time. I send them a message about it, warning that people could miss watching matches because of it. They didn't reply but they removed the clock and put in ads instead.
Somehow, I think that Daniela Hantuchova might have the answer to it on her blog:

Sunday, October 28, 2012

"I have to tell you one more thing, it's about the time change on the weekend... so, I was coming from home, and it's one hour behind here, but then last night the time changed an hour back, so when I woke up I thought it was 9am, and with technology you don't really know if the mobiles are changing the time themselves, so I went to the gym thinking I had enough time... but I didn't, it was really 10, and I had to ask five people what time it was. So confusing!"
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 11:08 AM   #4593
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

The website clock was an hour behind real Sofia time, so it wasn't because they had forgotten to dial it back. If anything they had dialed it back an hour too much.
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 11:29 AM   #4594
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Cronin@TennisReporters
Wozniacki confirms Johansson split: ‘Ive worked with dad, its worked well & cause Thomas has quite a few commitments next year & with...

...his family I decided 4 both of us just to work with my dad. I should never go away from game style that has given me success"
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:41 PM   #4595
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens K A View Post
They do claim that in...

Suppose these unlikely results in the remaining group matches:

Caroline Wozniacki - Daniela Hantuchova 2-6, 3-6
Roberta Vinci - Hsieh Su-Wei 6-0, 6-0
Daniela Hantuchova - Hsieh Su-Wei 6-0, 6-0

This would give these standings:
Code:
Player         matches sets games
Roberta Vinci      2-1 4-2 28-15 
Daniela Hantuchova 2-1 4-2 27-17
Caroline Wozniacki 2-1 4-2 29-20
Hsieh Su-Wei       0-3 0-6  4-36
Wozniacki would come last of the top-3 due to lowest percentage of games won. In a three-way tie you don't necessarily get above a player you are tied with and beat. All three beat one of the two others in this scenario but somebody has to be third.

So Hsieh just need to win 4 (or 2 against Dani) games in her last 2 matches so Caro's sure into the SF?

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 03:07 PM   #4596
country flag Jens K A

Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
So Hsieh just need to win 4 (or 2 against Dani) games in her last 2 matches so Caro's sure into the SF?
I posted a scenario where Caro wins 5 games against Dani. In that scenario, Hsieh just needs to win 5 games against Roberta, or 2 against Dani. If Wozniacki wins less than 5 then Hsieh needs more. It's a bit odd that Caro completes her third match when Hsieh has only played one. If Wozniacki wins more than 5 games then she doesn't depend on Hsieh.
Jens K A is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 03:14 PM   #4597
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

My bad: I wrote 4 but mean 6...

He just said on TV Caro or Hsieh needs a set won...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM   #4598
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

When do Caro new Tennis Racquet VCORE Xi come out in store too buy, store like Tennisware or TennisExpress

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM   #4599
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Matt Cronin@TennisReporters
Wozniacki confirms Johansson split: ‘Ive worked with dad, its worked well & cause Thomas has quite a few commitments next year & with...

...his family I decided 4 both of us just to work with my dad. I should never go away from game style that has given me success"
Glad to hear she's realised that.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 08:57 PM   #4600
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This match was a struggle. 17-2 since that 1st round USO loss, 2 more to go
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 09:29 PM   #4601

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Tomorrow's day off comes at a convenient time after today's marathon!
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 10:18 PM   #4602
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
When do Caro new Tennis Racquet VCORE Xi come out in store too buy, store like Tennisware or TennisExpress
Last time the launch was at Australian Open, and it was in the shops a week latter iirc, but don't quote me
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:11 AM   #4603
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Is this right? From the wta site.

The Top 2 in Group Sredets are known - Petrova and Pironkova - but the order will be determined on Friday when they play each other (the winner will be No.1 and the other will be No.2). In the semifinals, which are on Saturday, Wozniacki plays the winner of Petrova and Pironkova while Vinci plays the loser.

Wouldn't Caro play the loser and Vinci the winner? Top 1 vs Top 2?

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:13 AM   #4604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Is this right? From the wta site.

The Top 2 in Group Sredets are known - Petrova and Pironkova - but the order will be determined on Friday when they play each other (the winner will be No.1 and the other will be No.2). In the semifinals, which are on Saturday, Wozniacki plays the winner of Petrova and Pironkova while Vinci plays the loser.

Wouldn't Caro play the loser and Vinci the winner? Top 1 vs Top 2?
Yes, I send them an e-mail about it earlier.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:17 AM   #4605
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Yes, I send them an e-mail about it earlier.
Thanks, with these WTA rules you can never be certain of anything!

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread