Moscow | Kremlin Cup - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 19th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #16
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Re: Moscow | Kremlin Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeborn
Today was the first match i could watch this week... Maybe it's my fault...

She played without any energy . I don't know, but she wasn't herself today. Such a big wasted chance. Arvidson did nothing except keeping the ball in play, somehow this was enough. Wasted opportunity.
yeah, apparently, something was wrong with her. She didn't find the right weapons to disturb arvidsson's game. Still, Maria had her chances in the 2nd set, when she broke back to *2-3, and when the netcord helped her saving a matchpoint at 30-40. Then, she even had a breakpoint for *4-5, but she unfortunately couldn't convert it. Could have been a turnaround..
or not...it just wasn't her day

let's hope for more luck tomorrow in the doubles

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #17
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maria/Petrova hold for 7-5 6-4 at 40-30 from 30-0 to 30-15 to 40-15 (2nd serve there). Great job Maria/Petrova. The match was 1 hour 38 minutes long.

Maria/Petrova were down 3-1 2nd set and I believe led 5-3 1st set.

Congrats on making it to the YEC Maria!!!
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 12:11 PM   #18
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maria/Petrova hold for 7-5 6-4 at 40-30 from 30-0 to 30-15 to 40-15 (2nd serve there). Great job Maria/Petrova. The match was 1 hour 38 minutes long.

Maria/Petrova were down 3-1 2nd set and I believe led 5-3 1st set.

Congrats on making it to the YEC Maria!!!
so deserved!!!

I hope they can grab the title in moscow too now!!

so maria plays 2 YEC's this season, who would have thought that?

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:30 PM   #19
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

Yay MaKiri! It would be amazing if she won Sofia...keeping my fingers crossed.

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:56 PM   #20
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Maria/Petrova win the 2nd set 6-1. Please win the super tiebreak Maria/Petrova. The match is 1 hour 6 minutes long.

Maria/Petrova lost the 1st set 6-3.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 04:12 PM   #21
country flag Protoss

No. Makarova/Vesnina win the super tiebreak 10-8 from 8-4 (2 minibreaks) to 8-5 (2nd serve) to 8-7 to 9-7 to 9-8 (2nd serve). The match was 1 hour 22 minutes long.
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #22
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Moscow tournament for Maria. She loses to Arvidsson in her hometown on her home court? Unreal. Kiri's singles game has been a disaster since the Olympics. And Kiri and Nadia lost the Moscow doubles final in a close match. Gee what a surpise. But they made the doubles YEC so good luck to them there.

As for Kiri's offseason I hope she gets away from tennis because she needs a good start to 2013 to make up for her terrible finish to 2012. She has alos played 10 years on the WTA Tour so I would like for her to hire a personal trainer to travel with her and help her recover from the physically draining matches and travel. The rigors of the tour have to be so hard to deal with.

Maria's major events this year deserve the grades of C (Australian Open), F (French Open), B+ (Wimbledon) and F (U.S. Open). I think those are fair grades. Kiri sure had some highs and lows this year.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #23
MK Ultra

MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute MK Ultra has a reputation beyond repute

Dude relax. She has a back and knee injury. She was sick against Arvidsson. She played 3 tournaments after the USO and only completed 1 match before Moscow. She exceeded my expectations in Moscow by winning 2 matches and she played great against Shvedova. Arvidsson also almost beat Wozniacki. As for the doubles, Kiri and Nadia's goal wasn't to win the tournament. The SF was the real final for them. And now she's going to Istanbul.
MK Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #24
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

Yeah, she played a very good tournament in Moscow, nothing to be worried about. I think this season was her best so far, both in achievements as in her level of play. For me that was top 10 worthy whenever she was fully healthy. Perhaps minus the clay season.

Personally I think she should cut down her doubles schedule and totally focus on singles. I think a berth into the top 10 is not out of question then, although of course she would need some luck as well.
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #25
country flag peterlein

I do agree with you, MK Ultra and Celeborn!

...it's maria's best season ever, she probably will end it in the top 15! That's awesome!!
and her game hasn't been a disaster since the olympics, not at all!
Let's look back:
her first tournament after these amazing olympics was cincinnati, where she had to play venus williams in R1. Yeah she lost, but it was close, and it's not a shame to lose to venus.
Then she easily reached the final in new haven, and she really had chances to win it against an in-form petra kvitova.
At the USO, she played great against scheepers, and in R3 against hlavackova she didn't feel well and there were first signs of an injury (she wore a knee tape)
In september, she had to withdraw from seoul and tokyo due to a back injury. Her comeback match at beijing was tough, makarova is a tricky opponent

Yeah and at moscow, she showed some great tennis and a big fight in the first two rounds. Unfortunately, she picked up a cold right for the QF against arvidsson. So she was without energy and lost it. She still managed to secure a place at the YEC in the doubles.

So I guess her season after the olympics wasn't that bad, considering her injuries and some bad luck.

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #26
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Fair points. But if Kiri has been injured and sick this past fall with knee and back issues and an illness then she should cut back on her schedule in the future. No doubt the grind of the tour after 10 years is wearing on Maria. It would anybody.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM   #27
country flag Umshyi

Umshyi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
yeah, apparently, something was wrong with her. She didn't find the right weapons to disturb arvidsson's game. Still, Maria had her chances in the 2nd set, when she broke back to *2-3, and when the netcord helped her saving a matchpoint at 30-40. Then, she even had a breakpoint for *4-5, but she unfortunately couldn't convert it. Could have been a turnaround visit this..
or not...it just wasn't her day

let's hope for more luck tomorrow in the doubles
If she had used key moments it would have been easy win for her

Last edited by Umshyi : Nov 2nd, 2012 at 06:24 AM.
Umshyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote