Angelique Kerber - Page 254 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM   #3796
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of
Re: Angelique Kerber

Hoffentlich lassen die beiden sich vorher ordentlich Zeit. Mir wäre es lieb wenns nicht vor 19 Uhr anfängt, aber kann man sich ja leider nicht aussuchen.
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 01:30 PM   #3797
country flag xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father

xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of

Bisschen Feuer zum Anheizen:

Quote:
Why mainstream tennis journalism (still) sucks in 2012

I can’t think of any other area in which a journalist would boast about being unable to sell a story on one of the world’s ten best practitioners in that field, but that’s exactly what the Sunday Times’ Barry Flatman did last night, tweeting from the WTA year-end championships in Istanbul: “Is it me or are the WTA Championships in Istanbul a little lacklustre this year?” he asked, before admitting without a trace of shame: “If I’m honest it’s hard to get over enthusiastic about selling stories on Angelique Kerber. Missing Wozniacki, Clijsters. Even Ivanovic.”* In subsequent replies, he stated a preference for #52-ranked Laura Robson’s presence at the YEC over #5-ranked Angelique Kerber’s, due to her nationality and rather than her accomplishments; he also hauled out the old canard - surely entirely discredited by now** - of arguing that male players should be paid more than the women, based on a single example.

Where to start? When will it end? These are attitudes that have been sadly endemic in mainstream tennis journalism since forever. There’s the massive laziness when it comes to reporting on the players who aren’t sport-transcending megastars: if a player doesn’t already transcend the sport, it’s as if their back stories, personalities and games are deemed unworthy of coverage. Way to sell tennis to the public, guys! There’s the inbuilt misogyny whereby the majority of tennis reporters barely bother to disguise their resentment at having to cover the women’s game. Flatman’s yearning for Wozniacki and Ivanovic demonstrates that it’s not some gold standard of excellence he’s demanding, but rather a nebulous definition of media-friendliness - and the closer this leans to docile feminine “niceness” or glamorous sex appeal, the better.

Is the idea that tennis can be sold based on itself - the way in which players actually play it - too ludicrous? Kerber has outclassed all of the women Flatman cites in that department this year. And the idea that he can’t sell a story about her merely speaks to his own limitations as a journalist. Off the top of my head, here are a few angles on Kerber I’d be interested to know more about:

- Her relatively late development from a journeywoman into an elite player at the age of 24 following a run to the US Open semi-finals in 2011 that almost the entire tennis world assumed was a fluke. She’s attributed the improvement to the hardcore fitness training she did over the summer that year, and you can see in her results how it’s propelled her. All year, she’s won several key epic matches - and gained a reputation as a mentally tough player always ready to spring a comeback on an opponent wobbling at the finishing line. It’s a classic case of fitness begetting wins begetting confidence begetting wins.
- The rise of German women’s tennis from the post-Graf ashes has been a huge story over the past couple of years, with Kerber, Sabine Lisicki, Andrea Petkovic, Mona Barthel and Julia Goerges all posting eye-catching results. Any time success happens in a wave like this it’s worth exploring it further: how the players push each other, what training methods have been implemented, what the knock-on effect on the sport’s popularity at home has been. This wave also fits into the wider WTA trend towards players maturing later - none of those women were teenage prodigies; the tendency of German players to focus on finishing high school has been cited as a reason for their relatively late emergence. And then there’s the next German wave to come: Kerber, Lisicki, Petkovic, Barthel and Goerges all have flawed games and I’d hazard that none will win a Slam, but anyone who’s been following up-and-coming youngsters will know that they’re just the start. Teenagers Annika Beck, Anna-Lena Friedsam, Carina Witthoeft and Antonia Lottner are all showing real potential right now.
- Kerber herself might not fit the narrow definition of off-court “media-friendliness” that the tennis media and the WTA seem unable to think beyond, but she’s a compelling player and personality on court: I love watching her counterpunching game, the way she can turn defense into offense just when she seems to be out of a rally, the way she can take the ball so early and redirect it. She can bring the drama, too, as anyone who watched her Wimbledon quarter-final can attest: a match with so many twists and emotions that both players’ teams looked like they were suffering PTSD afterwards. I’ve seen players hit winners in anger, in desperation and in disdain before, but Kerber is the only one I’ve seen hit winners sarcastically, as though mocking her own poor play. It’s tremendously entertaining. She’s also the only player who was able to beat Serena Williams over her magical, dominant summer this year: even if Serena’s mind wasn’t entirely on the job in Cincinnati, any loss is telling - particularly against someone with a game style (left-handed, resourceful counterpuncher) Serena historically dislikes. As it happens, Kerber and Serena have been drawn in the same group at the YEC - and, contra Flatman, it’s probably the second most exciting popcorn match of the round robin stage.
xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 01:49 PM   #3798
country flag Carsten
Andy!

Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute

Sehr guter Artikel
Carsten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM   #3799
country flag jasonwright25

jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all

If Barry Flatman can't find something to write about with Kerber then he's a terrible journalist.
jasonwright25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #3800
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

im ersten satz noch gut mitgehalten, aber dann chancenlos im zweiten gegen silliams. ich befürchte gegen azarenka wird genauso wenig zu holen sein.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #3801
country flag Eleganter

Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all Eleganter is a name known to all

Durch den Ausfall von Kvitova beendet sie meiner Berechnung nach das Jahr auf jeden Fall als Nummer 5 der Welt, egal was da noch kommt. Gratuliere!
Eleganter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #3802
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Errani oder Li könnten sie theoretisch noch überholen.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #3803
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

tja, was soll man sagen. super match natürlich gegen azarenka, aber erneute niederlage nach matchbällen. für den kopf sicher nicht förderlich.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #3804
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Hat die MB ja nicht vergeudet, sondern Azarenka hat die einfach perfekt gespielt.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #3805

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Stimmt wohl. Die meisten Match, Satz und Breakbälle wurden von den Beiden nicht sinnlos vergeudet. Meistens hat die Gegnerinn dann mal richtig was ausgepackt. Fand ja Kerbers Aufschlag in diesen engen Situationen richtig stark.

Schön auch das Kerber dieses Jahr häufiger mal an diese Spielen beteiligt war, bei denen man am Ende denkt, dass es sich gelohnt hat diese zu schauen.

Last edited by tennisfreak13 : Oct 24th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #3806
country flag kaoru-no-kimi

kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all kaoru-no-kimi is a name known to all

What an amazing year. Looking back, Angie's been involved in some of the best matches of the year, and she's played so many points that just left me shaking my head and/or laughing . If she had more conventional technique she might possibly be a better player (at the moment she's got some pretty big weaknesses that can be exploited by the right kind of player) but I don't think she'd be half as fun to watch.

Roll on 2013.
kaoru-no-kimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #3807
country flag xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father

xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father has much to be proud of

Kerber wechselt das Management
Quote:
Tennis-Star Angelique Kerber (24) wechselt das Management. Ab dem 1. Dezember 2012 wird sich die Agentur baumgarten sports & more um alle geschäftlichen Belange der Nummer 5 der Welt kümmern. Kerber: „Ich habe mich dazu entschieden, weil ich mich in allen Bereichen weiter entwickeln möchte und das Team um Lars-Wilhelm Baumgarten dafür der ideale Partner ist.“
xxxxxxxxxxxHoly Father is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 07:20 PM   #3809
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Father View Post
längst überfällig, da hat man noch nicht viel rausgeholt bisher.

2013 GG: Petra Kvitova, 2014 RU
2014 GG: Discount Sharapova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 07:42 PM   #3810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Father View Post

Das ist doch mal ein GEwinnspiel und der Gewinn ist nen ganzen Tag wie bekoppt durch die Gegen zu Rennen.