Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 306 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #4576
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Since she always fulfills her committments - she's always got these bonuses when she's been in the top ten list at the end of the previous year. But I don't believe either that getting the bonus plays any part in why she meets her committments. She meets them because the rules say she has to. Most people in life when they obey rules - they obey them because they are rules. They are not supposed to be options like you can go ahead, get in a car and break the speed limit if you are prepared to pay the fine.

But there's an attitude - and we see it a lot in GM - of it's OK or even applauded to break the WTA rules and take the "option" of paying the fine and get a "zero" pointer. And even to get round the zero pointer by playing and tanking.

And Caro doesn't do any of that. She simply complies with the WTA rules - the organisation that has given her the chance to compete withe the bets women tennis players in the world. Which is one of many reasons I like her.
I'm ok with a player not competing and getting a zero pointer. But in that case she (or her fans or the pundits) shouldn't complain that the ranking list reflects that. For example, people argue that Serena is the best player out there (which obviously is true), but that there is something wrong with the system since she's "only" number three on the ranking list. But there's nothing wrong with the system. She didn't even have to play 18-22 tournaments like most other top players do to be number one by now. In all likelihood she just needed to play Indian Wells and Beijing, both mandatory tournaments that she skipped.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 31st, 2012, 01:11 AM   #4577
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Well all the courts can't be slow as molasses.
Year end events should be smack in the middle so they don't favour specific player types.
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 05:13 AM   #4578
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I think Tokyo is the fastest tournament Caro's won followed by Tokyo.
Am guessing that you meant to type something else cuz you're saying that Tokyo was the 2nd-fastest court Caro played on...with Tokyo also being the fastest.That doesn't even make sense in the looniest,most open-ended doublespeak when humanists rationalize their dumbing down of mathematics...and ALL education,really

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 07:53 PM   #4579
country flag Martn7

Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold

What does Caro need to do in Sofia to get in the top 10? Does she need to win the title or reaching the final would be enough?
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 07:59 PM   #4580
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Am guessing that you meant to type something else cuz you're saying that Tokyo was the 2nd-fastest court Caro played on...with Tokyo also being the fastest.That doesn't even make sense in the looniest,most open-ended doublespeak when humanists rationalize their dumbing down of mathematics...and ALL education,really
Yah, I meant Beijing as the 2nd fastest tournament Caro's won as far as i know.

I wish all tournaments gave listed their court speed. It'd make it easier to compare.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 08:00 PM   #4581
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

3 RR wins and making the final is enough. If she goes 2-1 in RR, she needs a final win.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 10:04 PM   #4582
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If she can win this title, who knows about next year?
A good start to this week.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:01 AM   #4583
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

I'm not very good with the whole Round Robin thing, but I guess that Caroline is now assured of reaching the SF with her win against Vinci? No one but her can win their 3 matches; Hantuchova, Su-Wei and Vinci can still win 2 matches, but Caroline already has a victory against the young Asian and Vinci, which place her on top of these 2 players (?).
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:10 AM   #4584
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

You are right, she's through to the SF. If I'm not wrong, the only way she doesn't finish first of her group is if she loses tomorrow and Daniela also beats Hsieh. In that case she'd be 2nd of her group. Vinci & Hsieh can still qualify if they win their matches but can not surpass Caroline since they both lost against Caro.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:11 AM   #4585
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Caro about the possibility of becoming #10 again:
"It would be great, but to be honest it's not really the big goal for me here, I'm just very pleased about the way I'm playing. I'm really enjoying myself out there. I feel like I've found my game again and I'm playing the way I want to. And right now I'm just thinking of winning this tournament."
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:32 AM   #4586
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
You are right, she's through to the SF. If I'm not wrong, the only way she doesn't finish first of her group is if she loses tomorrow and Daniela also beats Hsieh. In that case she'd be 2nd of her group. Vinci & Hsieh can still qualify if they win their matches but can not surpass Caroline since they both lost against Caro.
Thanks for the update. I've just got confirmation of her SF on Sofia's official site

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Caro about the possibility of becoming #10 again:
"It would be great, but to be honest it's not really the big goal for me here, I'm just very pleased about the way I'm playing. I'm really enjoying myself out there. I feel like I've found my game again and I'm playing the way I want to. And right now I'm just thinking of winning this tournament."
Normally I don't believe much of the PR scripts she gives to the medias but, for once, it sounds genuine and I want to believe her.

"I'm really enjoying myself out there": that's the most important thing actually. I'm really glad about that

"I feel like I've found my game again and I'm playing the way I want to"

"And right now I'm just thinking of winning this tournament" Let's do it
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 04:06 AM   #4587
country flag Jens K A

Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
I've just got confirmation of her SF on Sofia's official site
They do claim that in http://sofia-tennis.bg/en/news/Carol...mifinalist-165, but I think they are wrong. Wozniacki needs at least 6 games against Hantuchova to be certain of the semifinals, but she will probably advance even with 0 games.
Results so far:
Roberta Vinci - Daniela Hantuchova 6-1 6-2
Caroline Wozniacki - Hsieh Su-Wei 6-2 6-2
Caroline Wozniacki - Roberta Vinci 6-3 6-1

The rules are on page 178 (PDF page 181) of http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...Tour/rules.pdf
Suppose these unlikely results in the remaining group matches:

Caroline Wozniacki - Daniela Hantuchova 2-6, 3-6
Roberta Vinci - Hsieh Su-Wei 6-0, 6-0
Daniela Hantuchova - Hsieh Su-Wei 6-0, 6-0

This would give these standings:
Code:
Player         matches sets games
Roberta Vinci      2-1 4-2 28-15 
Daniela Hantuchova 2-1 4-2 27-17
Caroline Wozniacki 2-1 4-2 29-20
Hsieh Su-Wei       0-3 0-6  4-36
Wozniacki would come last of the top-3 due to lowest percentage of games won. In a three-way tie you don't necessarily get above a player you are tied with and beat. All three beat one of the two others in this scenario but somebody has to be third.
Jens K A is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 04:32 AM   #4588
country flag Jens K A

Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold Jens K A is a splendid one to behold

I have sent my analysis to the tournament with the contact form at the official site. I linked to the above post but I don't expect a response before Wozniacki has probably qualified for certain by taking at least 6 games against Hantuchova. Actually, based on previous experiences with mailing tournaments with wrong data on their websites, I don't expect any reply or action at all.
Jens K A is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 05:24 AM   #4589
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
Normally I don't believe much of the PR scripts she gives to the medias but, for once, it sounds genuine and I want to believe her.

"I'm really enjoying myself out there": that's the most important thing actually. I'm really glad about that

"I feel like I've found my game again and I'm playing the way I want to"

"And right now I'm just thinking of winning this tournament" Let's do it
Yes,and I also believe her when she says that the #10 spot wouldn't be any awesome accomplishment.It'd be an okay,year-end treat for Caro,like getting an extra scoop of ice cream for free,but it's not gonna make or break her,confidence-wise

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 06:31 AM   #4590
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens K A View Post
I have sent my analysis to the tournament with the contact form at the official site. I linked to the above post but I don't expect a response before Wozniacki has probably qualified for certain by taking at least 6 games against Hantuchova. Actually, based on previous experiences with mailing tournaments with wrong data on their websites, I don't expect any reply or action at all.
They had a clock on the frontpage of the website which showed CET time instead of Sofia time. I send them a message about it, warning that people could miss watching matches because of it. They didn't reply but they removed the clock and put in ads instead.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Nov 1st, 2012 at 06:42 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread