Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 305 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #4561
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Moscow is Caro's 15 Wta singles title on hard court.

This is Caro's 3rd title indoors.

Moscow is the 8th title that Caro won in a 3 set final.

This is the 1st time that Caro has come from down a break in the 3rd set (2 game difference) to win a final.

Moscow is probably the slowest surface Caro has won a title on. I think the next slowest is Indian Wells.

Caro beat 3 top 30 players in winning Moscow just as she did in winning Seoul. She hadn't done that since Indian Wells in 2011.

Caro won three 3 set matches in a row for the 1st time since Copenhagen in 2010.

Russia is the 11th country Caro has won a title in. How's about adding a title from Australia in the not too distant future?

Congrats Caro on winning your 2nd title of the year and 20th of your career!!!!
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #4562
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
I mean for next season. If Caro plays a full schedule in 2013, she'll receive about a million dollars in bonus money if she's 2012 YE #10, which she won't get if she's #11.

WTA Official Rule Book

II.C

Top 10 Players shall be entitled to the following compensation payments, provided they play all of the Tournaments in each of the categories below:

PLAYERS

Year End Ranking, Premier Mandatory, Premier 5, 9th Premier Mandatory/Premier 5 Super Bonus, Premier 700

1 $400,000 $400,000 $100,000 $100,000
2 $300,000 $300,000 $100,000 $100,000
3 $300,000 $300,000 $50,000 $50,000
4 $200,000 $200,000 $50,000 $50,000
5 $200,000 $200,000 $50,000 $50,000
6 $150,000 $150,000 $50,000 $50,000
7 $100,000 $100,000 $25,000 $25,000
8 $100,000 $100,000 $25,000 $25,000
9 $100,000 $100,000 $25,000 $25,000
10 $100,000 $100,000 $25,000 $25,000
Money is nice to have - but I don't believe for a moment that's what she's thinking of as her motivation for being in the top 10. And as I said before - I don't even think her motivation is to go up in the rankings into the top 10 as the primary reason for playing this TOC tournament or any tournament for that matter but that it's simply just trying to win for winnings sake and a trophy wherever she's playing.

Since she always fulfills her committments - she's always got these bonuses when she's been in the top ten list at the end of the previous year. But I don't believe either that getting the bonus plays any part in why she meets her committments. She meets them because the rules say she has to. Most people in life when they obey rules - they obey them because they are rules. They are not supposed to be options like you can go ahead, get in a car and break the speed limit if you are prepared to pay the fine.

But there's an attitude - and we see it a lot in GM - of it's OK or even applauded to break the WTA rules and take the "option" of paying the fine and get a "zero" pointer. And even to get round the zero pointer by playing and tanking.

And Caro doesn't do any of that. She simply complies with the WTA rules - the organisation that has given her the chance to compete withe the bets women tennis players in the world. Which is one of many reasons I like her.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Oct 28th, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #4563
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the money difference between being #11 or #10 is Caro's main consideration, either. I just wanted to point out that while the players in the top 10 are more 'locked', there are positives, too, like extra money. But if Caro wins TOC, she'll probably just be glad that she was able to finish the year on a positive note and win another title. And being able to say "I'm in the world top 10" has a nice ring to it. Being #11 is more 'meh'.
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #4564
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Groups in Sofia:

Group Serdika
Petrova, Kirilenko, Pironkova and Zheng

Group Sredets
Wozniacki, Hantuchova, Hsieh and Vinci.

Can has been worse, but this is not a easy Group either... Go Caro!

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #4565
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Hantuchova in her group, that can be tricky. But it'll be interesting. Go Caro!
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #4566
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw in GM, the court is supposedly super-fast ... I suppose they're trying to give the local girl as much home advantage as possible?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #4567
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

If it's true that the courts are superfast, then it's the real proof for how developed is her aggressive game. But we can't get to know it until we see it. Bali was indeed the fastest surface of the year, but who knows about this sofia?
anw the group is quite tough, she'll need to be focused from her very first match.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #4568
country flag Martn7

Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold

Caro has a chance to beat Vinci and fix that H2H
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #4569
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Groups in Sofia:

Group Serdika
Petrova, Kirilenko, Pironkova and Zheng

Group Sredets
Wozniacki, Hantuchova, Hsieh and Vinci.

Can has been worse, but this is not a easy Group either... Go Caro!
Can we assume that 'serdika' and 'sredets' are names of colors...or maybe famous Bulgarian violinists to whom the tourney is paying tribute?In terms of competition,Caro probably got the slightly-easier group but,if she plays well,she should do well against anyone in the field

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #4570
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Can we assume that 'serdika' and 'sredets' are names of colors...or maybe famous Bulgarian violinists to whom the tourney is paying tribute?
It's historical names for Sofia.
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #4571
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

One posted the wrong name here in the Forum, Caro plays in the Serdika Group.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #4572
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
If it's true that the courts are superfast, then it's the real proof for how developed is her aggressive game. But we can't get to know it until we see it. Bali was indeed the fastest surface of the year, but who knows about this sofia?
anw the group is quite tough, she'll need to be focused from her very first match.
The court surface falls under the Itf classification of medium fast (4 on a scale of 1 to 5 with 3 being medium pace).

I'm a bit concerned as I read a comment from Caro that the surface/conditions were a bit too fast. Caro's timing on her ground strokes could be thrown off and camping out well behind the baseline is a bad idea. Her return of serve also tends to struggle on faster surfaces.

I think Tokyo is the fastest tournament Caro's won followed by Beijing. I'm not sure what their Itf classification is or was though.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Oct 31st, 2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: corrected 2nd Tokyo in last paragraph to Beijing
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #4573
country flag Protoss

Tricky draw for Caro. It would be nice to end the season on a high note.

Good luck Caro.
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #4574
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

solid win, but she clearly doesn't enjoy the courts.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #4575
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
solid win, but she clearly doesn't enjoy the courts.
Well all the courts can't be slow as molasses.
Closed Thread