Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013. - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #16
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But whether she'll achieve one or more of these ambitions or not, it's impossible to be disappointed in Maria because we know that win or lose, she will always try as hard as she can and we can't ask for anything more than that.
This. That's why I'm not too broken up about the lopsided finals record/scores. She gave her all in every match this year.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 30th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #17
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Have a winning H2H against Vika
Play a close match against Serena
Regain #1 for at least 8 total weeks
Win Miami
Develop net game/slice shots
Work on Serve Variety
Go back to humiliating Aga
Reach 500 wins by the French Open
Beat Vika in a Slam
Reach the Semis at 3/4 Slams, the finals at 2
Defend Stuttgart/French Open
Reach the Qfs or better at every tournament entered
Reach the YEC Finals
Never drop below #3 in the rankings
Win 4 titles
End year at #1
Stay HEALTHY!
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #18
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

1. Beat Serena Williams!!!!

2. Win a slam

3. Get to number 1 again where she belongs

4. Most important to be happy and continue to enjoy her tennis.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #19
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

1. As others have said, stay healthy and injury-free
2. Win TWO Slams
3. Beat Serena en route to one of said Slams
4. Get ahead in H2H against Azarenka
5. No losses to anyone outside the top 10.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #20
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you CareerSlamPova

First of all, stay healthy, fit and injury-free throughout the season.
1. Win a slam (once again, I am not picky) (though preferably AO or RG; plus, these courts suit her game more than anything)
2. Get a positive H2H record over Vika
3. Win a hard court title, please
4. Get more variety on your serves. So tired of that down the T serves
5. Add Kvitova (3 wins away), Kerber (3 wins away), Lisicki (2 wins away), Na Li (1 win away) in your punchbag list
6. Beat Serena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelpova View Post
The 25-year-old also said she was hoping to finally end her winless streak against Serena Williams in 2013 after losing to the American in all three of their matches this year, including two finals, in the Olympics and at the WTA Championships on Sunday.

"She plays a very physical tennis and when she is in top form it's very difficult to beat her but I will try to take my revenge next year," said the Florida-based Russian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then

Last edited by Charlatan : Oct 30th, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #21
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

its good that she's speaking out about 'revenge' because she's rarely ever commentated on wanting a win vs rena (unlike other players) this is a great mindset to have going into 2013
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #22
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
its good that she's speaking out about 'revenge' because she's rarely ever commentated on wanting a win vs rena (unlike other players) this is a great mindset to have going into 2013
Same. She doesn't really say things as bold as that re:beating Serena usually, so I'm going to take what I want to believe (that Sunday showed her that she really can beat her next year) from that statement
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 12:59 AM   #23
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

I'd love to see her:
  • Stay healthy of course
  • Win AO - she avenged a beatdown in the AO final before, she can do it again
  • Win a hardcourt title convincingly
  • DEFEND RG - this is probably most important to me as she's shown to be the best on clay currently and should maintain her status
  • Stay top 3 all year
  • Notch just one win against Serena
effedcamel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 04:49 AM   #24
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

- Stay healthy.
- Win a Slam (any).
- Win a PM (Preferably IW or Miami).
- Win a hardcourt title.
- Have a winning record in finals.
- SF or better in YEC.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov

Last edited by Cherry. : Oct 31st, 2012 at 04:54 AM.
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 03:21 PM   #25
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

1. Health, yep most important
2. Win 2 slams. It's interesting that Maria herself has set Wimbledon as her priority. I think that will always be her favourite slam, and I'd love for her to win there again, if anyone other than Serena and Petra is winning, then I see a well adjusted Maria as the next favourite. I already demand a RG defense
3. Actually, I think AO is a realistic goal as well, am I too greedy?
4. Miami
5. Do not explode against Vika/Aga/Woz, ie. no losses to them
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 03:41 PM   #26
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
5. Do not explode against Vika/Aga/Woz, ie. no losses to them
Let's make a deal that will keep everyone happy. For each loss against Woz she gets a win against Serena or Vika.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 03:53 PM   #27
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Let's make a deal that will keep everyone happy. For each loss against Woz she gets a win against Serena or Vika.
Oh damn Chrissie-fan why must you be so nice

Non-slam and Miami losses against Woz only Sorri
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 04:14 PM   #28
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Oh damn Chrissie-fan why must you be so nice

Non-slam and Miami losses against Woz only Sorri
Ok (I think )

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 06:50 PM   #29
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

- dont eat bagels in finals.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 08:25 PM   #30
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Pull a 2008 AO in Melbourne!
Make The Falsetto Nightingale her bitch 2013 wise!
Beat The Lord!
She really must make all the semis of the Slam in a calendar year.
Win Miami.(not happening since she is cursed there)
Be Number One at some point.
Have a positive ration in finals.

Pretty Please!