Are today's WTA teenagers breaking through? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 11:28 PM   #76
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is the 1993-1996 generation about to breakthrough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Ireland's top coach Garry Cahill expects Amy Bowtell will make the top 100 in a few years time, so keep fingers and toes crossed!

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #77
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAttitude View Post
Bowtell isn't even in the Top 500, let alone Top 250. She isn't anywhere close to any of the other players mentioned in this thread.
Agree she is going nowhere, the only way Ireland could have a top 100 player would be a one off Wozniacki type with parents who'll do ANYTHING to make their child a tennis star or maybe someone coming from an academy of some kind.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #78
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
The players from 1992 have been very disappointing. There have already been triple the amount of players from 1993 that reached the Top 100 while still a teen compared to that year. It will interesting if the likes of Stephens and Babos can head towards Top 20 next year to see if they could be real stars in the making, the jury is still out on them. I personally believe Robson is better than all the players from 93.

It's tough to say if players who are 16 and 17 will easily surpass the current 18-20 year olds. The three players in the list from 1995 appear to have already stalled somewhat and Vekic still appears to be an anomoly rather than the norm. It will be interesting to see if she can continue doing well or if she gets trapped in the #75-150 mark like Larcher de Brito did.
Well look at it another way, compare the ITF careers of both Robson, Stehpens and Babos to current juniors at the same age.

Current 16 and 17 year olds have achieved way more, Babos is closest but she started winning at 17/18. Whereas Robson only has won a $10k.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #79
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ireland's top coach Garry Cahill expects Amy Bowtell will make the top 100 in a few years time, so keep fingers and toes crossed!
It all expectations from coaches, parents and players were fullfilled, we would have around 5000 players inside Top 100, around 1000 inside Top 10 and 500 as no.1...

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Freakan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #80
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

i suppose it depends on finances, injuries, health problems, etc
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #81
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Yep pretty much, the current 18-20 year olds are extremely poor. The age levels below are much more talented and will overtake them in a couple of years.
Agreed.

The 1995-96 generation already scores better than the 1993-94.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #82
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
I wish people would drop this statement, like she was the first and youngest to ever win a Slam

I NEVER hear of Serena, "Yeah, she won the US Open at just 17!"

Never heard this with Martina Hingis, "Wimbledon at 16!" or Monica "8 Slams by 19!"
this
sharapova stans need to stop please
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #83
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

if you look at patricia mayr from austria, apparently she wasnt expected to make it to the top 100 and she was as high as 70. i bet she comes from a very wealthy family
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #84
country flag DevilishAttitude

DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
Agree she is going nowhere, the only way Ireland could have a top 100 player would be a one off Wozniacki type with parents who'll do ANYTHING to make their child a tennis star or maybe someone coming from an academy of some kind.
Exactly, I mean the only player in a list that's from a country with zero tennis history is Puig from Puerto Rico, and she's stagnant in the #150-200 mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Well look at it another way, compare the ITF careers of both Robson, Stehpens and Babos to current juniors at the same age.

Current 16 and 17 year olds have achieved way more, Babos is closest but she started winning at 17/18. Whereas Robson only has won a $10k.
You could discount the 17 year olds though in that sense. Only Putintseva has won big challenger titles but she's still some way off the top guns from 1993. If Vekic can continue having good results in WTA tournaments then there is no reason why she couldn't pass them, Barty hasn't done anything above ITF level, but the 95-96 generation all have plenty of time.

Quote:
if you look at patricia mayr from austria, apparently she wasnt expected to make it to the top 100 and she was as high as 70. i bet she comes from a very wealthy family
Mayr reached the Top 100 at 22, this thread is looking at those below 20, so she has zero place in a thread like this.
DevilishAttitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #85
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

Vekic!
mic12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #86
country flag DevilishAttitude

DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute

Annika Beck becomes the second player from 1994 to reach the Top 100. She is now the youngest player inside it as well. Has won five titles this year, including last week at the $75,000 tournament in Ismaning. Also won the French Open juniors and raised her ranking by nearly 150 spots since the start of the year.

If Robson has been the #1 of the players from '94, Beck has certainly been second. It will be interesting to see if she can feature in WTA tournaments next year.

It was a good week for the 93-96 generation. Puig won in Poltiers, beating three top 100 players along the way. Keys won a title in Saguenay, Zheng won in Taipei and Barty won in Traralgon. The likes of Bouchard and Putintseva also beat Top 100 players in the tournaments they played too.

And we have a new addition to the 1995 players inside the Top 250 in Witthoeft, who beat a Top 100 player last week and is the only player from '95 to beat a Top 50 player this year.
DevilishAttitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #87
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

SaiSai almost top 130 now

and Yuxuan zooming up the rankings and to play the AO MD
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SHILIN-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts valac222
SAISAI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #88
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And we have a new addition to the 1995 players inside the Top 250 in Witthoeft, who beat a Top 100 player last week and is the only player from '95 to beat a Top 50 player this year.
Actually no, if you count Fed Cup

Anyway, hopefully they keep emerging even stronger and deeper next season
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #89
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Annika Beck breaks into top 100 after winning only 2 WTA MD matches the whole year, is that normal?
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #90
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Actually no, if you count Fed Cup

Anyway, hopefully they keep emerging even stronger and deeper next season
I was gonna say. How could you have missed my endless hype of Anett after she won And she beat a 2 Time GS QF and Premier winner
Although Anett's the 26th of December so she barely counts as a 95 girl

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote