Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ? - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #136
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ?

Well, but if she goes far in singles & doubles she ends up with a terrible schedule like in Linz, where she had to play 2 matches a day two days in a row, on sunday with not even one hour break between them. The smart thing to do would obviously have been to pull out of doubles before the semis, but that would have been very harsh on BZS of course...
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #137
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
well, its well known that niculescu is tricky, her style is just special, not many winners obviously but ugly play, especially "ballbashers" like Safarova or on bad days also Julia have problem with it.
And of course, Niculescu is dangerous here in Lux, showed that last year here also, just tough to handle but for us Julia fans just disappoiting to see that Julia made so many mistakes today although she showed in the past that she is able handle Niculescu´s gamestyle much better.

But I guess that´s the way it is, we´ll see more good days of Julia in future but also more bad days while Niculescu is one of those players who usually play on a consistent level which is not as good as Julia´s best level but also not as bad as her Julia´s worst level, simple

I understand. It's always tough having a fave lose. With the faves I have I have to deal with it all the time. Yesterday I had Rybarikova go down to Dominguez Lino which I think most weren't expecting but Lourdes has been playing fine tennis so... And today Slava blew a 5-1 lead and lost to Kirilenko. Yeah, Slava has been choking a lot and one could simply put this down as the latest example, which it was, but it takes two to tango and Slava wouldn't have been able to choke if Maria hadn't been playing at a pretty decent level.

So basically I'm with you on everything you say in this post. Except one thing . One is always more aware of the form and fluctuation of level with one's faves than one is with other players. But I can tell you that while Monica might not be as strong a player as Julia, I think, on a lower scale, her fluctuations of form are every bit as extreme. They reflect themselves differently yes but Monica is anything but consistent. There are days when she is vastly better than other days. Obviously with her game her effectiveness varies depending on the type of opponent she has, some players do struggle against her some just don't () and also the surface. But also she is very much a confidence player and without confidence she will regularly lose matches from a set and a break up. Very regularly. And her style can vary hugely too. Sometimes she is looking to get to the net at every opportunity sometimes she is just trying to rally (or push as her detractors would say) from the baseline. Sometimes like today she can play a fairly aggressive game, other times...

I'm sure as a Julia fan you would notice as many intricacies in Julia's form as I do in Monica's but I think it is that way for a lot of players. But when your game is as weird as Monica's it does rather mean consistency is something that doesn't really happen.

All the best, and good luck to you and Julia in 2013.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #138
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

With Jankovic out of Luxembourg as well, we now know by the way that Julia will finish the season ranked either 18th or 19th, depending on whether Kanepi plays Sofia or not (has some injury trouble).
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #139
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
But I guess that´s the way it is, we´ll see more good days of Julia in future but also more bad days while Niculescu is one of those players who usually play on a consistent level which is not as good as Julia´s best level but also not as bad as her Julia´s worst level, simple
I don't understand this kind of logic. So, you assume her level of tennis will fluctuate even more in 2013 and you base that "prognosis" on this single match against Niculescu? Since Tokio Julia has been playing consistently on a relative high level. Yesterday's match - the last one after a long season - was the first one in 4 weeks where her level had dropped. Concluding from this performance that she will now suddenly become inconsistent again is - sorry - simply ridiculous.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #140
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
I don't understand this kind of logic. So, you assume her level of tennis will fluctuate even more in 2013 and you base that "prognosis" on this single match against Niculescu? Since Tokio Julia has been playing consistently on a relative high level. Yesterday's match - the last one after a long season - was the first one in 4 weeks where her level had dropped. Concluding from this performance that she will now suddenly become inconsistent again is - sorry - simply ridiculous.
ich meinte damit, dass ich einfach denke, dass es bei Julia auch in Zukunft viele Höhen und Tiefen geben wird. Natürlich kann sie sich steigern und hoffentlich konstanter agieren, aber bisher gab es eben nach besseren Zeiten auch immer wieder Rückschläge.
Hab ich auch schon gestern gesagt, dass man jetzt die Niederlage gegen Niculescu nicht sofort überbewerten sollte, da sie jetzt auch wirklich müde und nicht mehr 100% da war, dann ist es natürlich gegen eine solche Spielerin extrem schwierig.
Aber gab natürlich auch schon in der Vergangenheit kürzere Phasen in denen sie recht konstant gespielt hat und wirklich gut aussah und danach gab es dann eben wieder die Rückschläge, muss man einfach abwarten, was da 2013 nachkommt.
Immerhin gibt es bei Julia auch immer offensichtliche Sachen an denen man arbeiten kann: Fitness,Beinarbeit, Rückhand etc., dazu noch weiter am Aufschlag arbeiten, der ohnehin schon stark ist, an´s Netz geht sie öfter und einen guten Volley kann sie auch spielen, da hat sie natürlich eine gute Basis auf der sie jetzt für die nächste Saison darauf aufbauen kann!

Aber bin eben bei ihr eher noch zurückhaltend, würde mich freuen, wenn sie es schaffen würde eine Saison auf einem konstant guten Niveau durchzuspielen (ein paar unnötige Niederlagen gibt es natürlich immer), aber kann eben auch sein, dass es so weitergeht wie bisher.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #141
country flag KatjaS

• 2.1. Auckland International
  • 8.1. Sydney Premier
  • 16.1 Australian Open
  • 4.2. Fed Cup
  • 6.2. Paris Premier
  • 13.2. Doha Premier
  • 20.2. Dubai Premier
  • 7.3. Indian Wells Premier
  • 20.3. Miami Premier
  • 9.4. Barcelona International
  • 21.4. Fed Cup
  • 23.4. Stuttgart Premier
  • 5.5. Madrid Premier
  • 14.5 Rom Premier
  • 27.5. French Open
  • 11.6. Bad Gastein International
  • 25.6. Wimbledon
  • 9.7. Palermo International
  • 16.7. Bastad International
  • 28.7. Olympia
  • 7.8. Montreal Premier
  • 13.8. Cincinnati Premier
  • 27.8. US Open
  • 17.9. Seoul International
  • 23.9. Tokio Premier
  • 29.9. Beijing Premier
  • 8.10. Linz International
  • 15.10 Luxembourg International

That's a list of all the tournaments Julia played this year. She also played in all of them escept for Sydney, Paris, Palermo, Seoul and Luxembourg. Looking at that list particularly the Internationals Bad Gastein, Palermo and Bastard are totally unnecessary, not too mention that she didn't even do well at any of them (unless you count doubles at Bad Gastein). Also Seoul was unnecessary, it takes away a week at home where she could rest and recharge her batteries for Linz and Luxembourg, which she definitely should play considering that they're almost at home and indoors.
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #142
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/juliagoerges/sta...25709157191681

Quote:
Just finished my last match of the season!i left everything what i had left in the tank on the court,but wasn't enough!moni deserved to win!
http://www.tageblatt.lu/sport/tennis/story/28262930

Quote:
„Ich musste mit dem leben, was ich hatte, und das war nicht mehr viel in den Beinen. Falls ich im ersten Satz herangekommen wäre, hätte man noch ein paar Kräfte mobilisieren können. Aber so hat sie verdient gewonnen und ich darf in den Urlaub.“
The loss to Niculescu was not surprising. Julia was very tired after the exhausting, very successful week in Linz where she reached both the singles and doubles final. No energy left for Luxembourg. In R1 already Julia looked really tired if you looked at her closer, but she gave everything she had left and won. Nothing was left in tank for R2, Julia was very slow, horrible footwork/movement because she was very tired mentally and physically. Now some well deserved and much needed rest for Julia.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #143
country flag KatjaS

Kanepi withdrew from Sofia by the way, so Görges finishes the year as #18.
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #144
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Kanepi withdrew from Sofia by the way, so Görges finishes the year as #18.
Nice.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote