** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2 - Page 343 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #5131
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Sharapova forgot she still has the Prague exo tomorrow vs Kvitova/Safarova. "Whoopsie. Why did I sign up for that one." #wtachamps
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #5132
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Sharapova forgot she still has the Prague exo tomorrow vs Kvitova/Safarova. "Whoopsie. Why did I sign up for that one." #wtachamps
Just withdraw and relax Maria!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet

Last edited by JoPova : Oct 28th, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
JoPova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #5133
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

^ you just beat me to it

wht an amazing champion we support , very well done Maria .

Last edited by MS17 : Oct 28th, 2012 at 08:05 PM.
MS17 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #5134
country flag larimoreira

larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice

October 27, 2012

Maria Sharapova

ISTANBUL, TURKEY

M. SHARAPOVA/V. Azarenka
6‑4, 6‑2

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Obviously that looked like that win felt pretty good. As the second set is going your way and obviously after the match, it was clear that this win meant a lot to you.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh, of course. Of course victories mean a lot to you. That's what you play for and practice for. And especially when you find yourself in a losing position a few times during this year you want to try to figure out how to change those things around.
Again, you're giving yourself opportunities to go out there and try to do that. I did today, so obviously it means a lot to me.

Q. Yesterday you were saying you needed to be aggressively consistent. Seemed like you pretty much executed, what 90%, 95% of the time what you wanted to do?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think so. Yeah, certainly didn't make as many mistakes as I did in some of the previous times, but also returned a little bit better. Although I still feel like I could have returned better than I did today.
But overall I'm happy with the way I came in and didn't let anything bother me, even losing to her the last couple times just trying to figure it out.

Q. Just talk a little bit about fitness overall. Clearly you look more fresh than she did today; wasn't moving that well. I guess fitness really matters in those kind of tournaments when it's condensed, six days, and being in shape enough to play day after day means something.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Everybody is hurting at this time. Some show it more than others.

Q. Do you think it'll be a PG13 final?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: (Laughter.) That's a good question. (Smiling.) Look at you. You've been thinking about that one, right? I see, I see. You get a bag of candy for that. (Laughter.)
I'm not sure. Let's see how it turns out. Obviously tennis will do the talking hopefully. Look, it's also a match that I'm looking forward to. I haven't beaten her in a long time. She's certainly the one to beat this year, especially the second part of the year with the way she's played.
Again, to be in the final of this event, I mean, I'm extremely proud. No reason why I can't go out there and give it my all.

Q. The tour pretty much stops for two months after this tournament before Australia. This is the tournament you look back to as having been your most recent match for a while. How important that was in terms of ending on the right note against Azarenka after all the matches you played this year?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: It is, but I'm going to be on vacation in four days, and not one part of my mind will be thinking about the matches that I played with her or anyone else during this year. I can guarantee you that.

Q. What will be on your mind then?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know what's going to be on my mind, but I'm going to have a Strawberry Daquiri in one hand and a magazine in the other and my eyes are going to be looking at the ocean. I'm going to be very satisfied.

Q. You seem to do a good job of convincing yourself, even after taking a series of defeats like you did to Victoria that you can actually go out and do it ‑ which you managed to do today. So against Serena you said you haven't beaten her in a long time. You still believe if you execute you can win the match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Absolutely. I've done it before. I know against her it's been a really long time, but there are many players that I've faced against, especially coming up where there were things that just weren't working at that time. Whether I wasn't strong enough yet ‑‑ Justine was a really good, example. I always had difficulties against her and never quite recovered well in the rallies. You know, she was moving me around with all the different shot‑making.
But, I mean, obviously against Serena there is a lot more power involved. You know, her serve, she served extremely well against me in the last few matches that we played.
But, yeah, obviously you got to hold your own court as well, so...

Q. Do you think about choosing less tournaments next year?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: What?

Q. Do you think about playing less tournaments next year?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Less than I do?

Q. Yeah.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't really play that many so I don't want to really worry about that. I think people want me to play more and I shake my head, so...

Q. Is there a greater sense of satisfaction as the years go by that you are still capable of playing the level of tennis that you're playing and being in a final of this merit tomorrow?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: So much. I mean, I have to think about it every day because I‑‑ well, first I was doing the interview on the court and the journalist said, you know, It was eight years ago that you won. Eight? Yeah. You won Wimbledon and came to the Championships and faced Serena in the finals, and here you are eight years later in the Championships with the career Grand Slam and you've been No. 1 in the world a few times.
I was like, Wow. You stop and think about those things. You know, it's incredible. I wish I could have those moments more often, those moments where you sit down and reflect on what you've achieved. There is no better feeling than coming back from what I had to go through and not knowing if I was able to hit a serve again and to be in that position of being in the finals and being the world No. 1. I'm very, very happy.

Q. Putting aside tomorrow's match, after this entire year up to today, is it fair to say that you are better now than you were in 2008?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I never compare and I don't like to. I think every year and every situation is different. We grow and we learn, whether it's tennis or other things in life. I never like to compare myself to where I was tennis‑wise or life‑wise.
Everything is a learning curve and you go through it. There is not one situation in life that's the same.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
larimoreira is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #5135
country flag larimoreira

larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice larimoreira is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
^ you just beat me to it

wht an amazing champion we support , very well done Maria .
I'm sorry, I deleted my post after I saw yours
larimoreira is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #5136
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

October 28, 2012

Maria Sharapova

S. Williams d. M. Sharapova

6-4, 6-3
Q. You played pretty well overall but just couldn't get a sniff on her serve seemed like. She had a big serving day once again.MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, she did serve consistently well. I don't think I even had a break point today. Yeah, I mean, partly because maybe I wasn't doing enough on the returns and she was serving well. Even a few moments whether it was 30-All or 15-All, I didn't really get a good return.
Yeah, it was one or two breaks, so 6-4, 6-3.

Q. Do you expect with the amount of times you played her now that when she needs to she's going to serve well in the clutch or come up with a big groundstroke at 30-All or at deuce?MARIA SHARAPOVA: That's one of the reasons she's such a great champion and has had a tremendous amount of success in her career. There is a reason for that.
It's obviously tougher to play when you're behind, even if it's just a break. But, yeah, I mean, got to keep moving forward. (Smiling.)

Q. You don't have to keep moving at this moment. Now you get some time off to reflect and rest. What do you look back on the 2012 season most having now wrapped it up?MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm proud of it. I'm proud of my consistency, I'm proud that I'm moving in the right direction in terms of improving my game and where I see it.
You know, I've accomplished a lot of things this year that I really wanted and wanted to get back in my career. Yeah, lots of great memories. Some difficult ones, but a lot of really positive thoughts moving into next year.

Q. When you talk about moving in the right direction, does that count for this match? Your last two matches against her were not as close as this in the Olympics final and Madrid. MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, I mean, maybe you could say it was just one or two breaks in the first, second set, but, I mean, I probably had more -- I broke her a few more times in the other matches or maybe had more looks to break.
Today she had another great serving day against me.

Q. Can you read her serve? Is her toss that hard to read, or do you feel like you have to kind of guess on her first serve?MARIA SHARAPOVA: Maybe she can serve some for you. I don't know.

Q. You're the one that's returning though.MARIA SHARAPOVA: Maybe you can win a raffle.

Q. $1 million. But seriously, can he see where her toss is going, or are you saying, She might go T this time, she might go out wide, but I'm just going to have to guess.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I think her toss is pretty consistent, definitely.

Q. So it's hard to?MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, if I didn't have a break point, there is your answer. (Laughing.)

Q. After a couple of years when you look back and when you remember this tournament, what's the biggest thing you will remember about this tournament? MARIA SHARAPOVA: I mean, I've it said throughout the whole tournament. I feel like this has been the best Championships that I've been a part of. I only got to play a couple of matches last year, but this year the energy from the first round on...
Maybe wasn't completely sold out in the first round, but as the week went on, I mean, just the excitement from the people from the second they call your name onto the court and you're walking out, it's pretty incredible as an athlete to have that sort of positive energy without even hitting a ball.
The appreciation you have from people's understanding and respect of what you do I think is really unique. I think we were really all unsure of how was it going to go in Istanbul because we never really had such a big tennis event. Only a smaller tennis tournament here.
But I think we're all really happy. We're here another year, so.

Q. With the finals going to another place in 2014, there is a lot of discussion about what the priorities should be for the WTA. With how good the crowd is here, do you think finding somewhere where they can get sell-out stadiums and this much enthusiasm for women's tennis should be a priority?MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think obviously as players we want that excitement from the crowd. I mean, like I said, there is no better feeling than having that energy from people that want to watch you play. It's a little bit different when the stadium is a bit more empty, there is no doubt.
But it's not just the tickets that make an event happen. It's also the involvement of the government, the sponsors, so there is a lot involved. Where will it be, we're not sure yet. I personally would love to see it in Brazil.

Q. Just on that point, do you like the idea of moving the Championships every two or three years to places that don't have big-time tennis events?MARIA SHARAPOVA: For sure.

Q. You were mentioning Brazil and Rio, which I guess isn't a candidate. Would you like to see it put someplace like Paris or London, putting L.A. aside?MARIA SHARAPOVA: Just as a staple, let it be there?

Q. Well rather than just saying, Okay, we'll have all these cities bid for it.MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh.

Q. And maybe we should move it to a part of Asia that hasn't had a lot of exposure to tennis or...MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I like the idea, because I think it's almost like a competition of who really wants it more. I think that's also really important, because we don't just want to give it to somebody just to give it to someone.
I think it's a very unique event and opportunity for the people, the city, for the government. I think it's worked so far for us, that concept of bidding, and I hope that it moves on going forward.

Q. So when is the next time you plan on hitting a ball?MARIA SHARAPOVA: Not sure right now. I don't know. Tomorrow actually. I'm going to Prague. Oh, no. Oopsies. How did I sign up for that one?

Q. They announced finalist cities for the next years and one is in Russia. What would that mean to you to have it in Kazan? MARIA SHARAPOVA: Yeah, that was an interesting one. I was actually pleasantly surprised to hear that. I mean, I just heard it a few days ago as well. I don't know. I mean, it will depend, like I said, on who wants it more.
It would mean a lot if it was there, absolutely. To have such a big event in that region is pretty unique.

Last edited by Mexicola : Oct 29th, 2012 at 02:41 AM.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 05:43 AM   #5137
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anastasia Myskina lauds Maria Sharapova's wonderful year.

Moscow: Former French Open champion Anastasia Myskina has hailed Maria Sharapova's season, saying her countrywoman should forget about trivial failures and bask in the glory of a career Grand Slam.

Despite losing the WTA Championships final Sunday and the Olympic final in August - both to Serena Williams - Sharapova became only the sixth woman in the open era to claim all four slam titles when she won at Roland Garros earlier this year.

"She's had a great season," said Myskina, who beat Elena Dementieva to win the French Open in 2004.

"Maybe here and there Maria didn't get the results she wanted but on the whole, the year has turned out wonderfully."

Sharapova ends the year at World No.2, a feat she last achieved in 2006, and spent a short time in June in the No.1 slot, a position she had last held in June 2008.
Good to hear, surprised it came from her

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 05:51 AM   #5138
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

It took like a decade, but Myskina finally said something nice about her

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #5139
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to know what beef went down with them. I was reading some articles from 2005 earlier and apparently Myskina was very protective of her on tour a couple of years before she made it big. By the time she won Wimbledon they hardly spoke.
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #5140
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I'd love to know what beef went down with them. I was reading some articles from 2005 earlier and apparently Myskina was very protective of her on tour a couple of years before she made it big. By the time she won Wimbledon they hardly spoke.
From what I've read Myskina had problems with Yuri and how he was constantly yelling during matches. She also criticized Maria for not being committed enough to the FC team IIRC.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #5141
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
After Sharapova had beaten fellow Russian Anastasia Myskina at the 2004 WTA Tour Championships, Myskina criticized Sharapova's father, saying: "He was just yelling and screaming instructions to her and I thought he just might jump right on the court at one point in the match." At the Fed Cup semi-finals two weeks later, Myskina stated she would stop playing for Russia if Sharapova joined the Russian team the following season: "If she joins our team next season you won't see me there for sure. His behaviour is totally incorrect, simply rude. I don't want to be around people like him."

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #5142
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
-Myskina has said some great words about Maria on her Game Set and Match commentaries for Eurosport Russia in the last couple of years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
-Myskina was angry at Yuri, she considered him disrespectful towards her and said that he even yelled insults sometimes on court.. in that YEC match in 2004... But I think the digs at Maria started after Wimbledon... Imagine it, Myskina was the 1st ("real") Russian to win a Slam, and in a few weeks Maria stole the show; not only in Russia but worldwide... Pretty much that is what bothered all of them IMO; the Russians and the Americans... But yeah, Anastasia's main problem was Yuri.
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #5143
country flag Lura

Lura is just really nice Lura is just really nice Lura is just really nice Lura is just really nice Lura is just really nice Lura is just really nice Lura is just really nice Lura is just really nice Lura is just really nice Lura is just really nice Lura is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
Sorry to interrupt, but i think Myskina is now fond of the Masha. After Olympics some people were angry that Masha lost to Serena so badly, and Nastya said that she even had to defend her (like c'mon, silver isn't so bad!) and continued doing it on TV. Plus on videos from FedCup they seemed okay with each other- smiles and everything... So i think feud is in the past.
Lura is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #5144
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

Winning Wimbledon priority for 2013, Sharapova says

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian Maria Sharapova will focus on trying to win Wimbledon next year rather than attempting to regain the world number one ranking.

"Wimbledon will be my priority next season," Sharapova, who finished the year as world number two behind Belarussian Victoria Azarenka, told Reuters on Tuesday after signing a sponsorship deal with electronics manufacturer Samsung in Moscow.

"This year it was different because of the Olympics but if you ask me about my main goal for 2013, it definitely will be Wimbledon."

Sharapova made her breakthrough to the tennis elite by winning the 2004 Wimbledon title as a 17-year-old newcomer.

This year she won the French Open to complete a career grand slam and claimed the Olympic silver medal in London.

The 25-year-old also said she was hoping to finally end her winless streak against Serena Williams in 2013 after losing to the American in all three of their matches this year, including two finals, in the Olympics and at the WTA Championships on Sunday.

"She plays a very physical tennis and when she is in top form it's very difficult to beat her but I will try to take my revenge next year," said the Florida-based Russian.

http://news.yahoo.com/winning-wimble...6973--ten.html

Angelpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #5145
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Vladas Lasitskas ‏@VladasLasitskas
FC: Sharapova won't play vs Japan. Team: Petrova, @mkirilenko, @verazvonareva, @SvetlanaK27, Makarova & @akleybanova.
http://t.co/hRONzSlJ
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread