Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 304 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #4546
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

The WTA site officially confirms Caro has a shot at the year end top 10

BONUS STAT: YEAR-END TOP 10
With one exception, the year-end Top 10 is now set:
1. Victoria Azarenka
2. Maria Sharapova
3. Serena Williams
4. Agnieszka Radwanska
5. Angelique Kerber
6. Sara Errani
7. Li Na
8. Petra Kvitova
9. Samantha Stosur
10. [Marion Bartoli or Caroline Wozniacki] (depends on Wozniacki in Sofia)

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201210...256076_2961701
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #4547
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I still dont know if 10 is an advantage over 11. And the scheduling freedom 11 gets.But winning 3 sets matches 3 days in a row in Moscow & playing Bulgaria is a good sign.She could have stopped after Beijing, claimed she had an injury, and went on vacation watching Rory.Moscow showed she is in form to win long matches.YEC shows top players need to have that fitness.Bulgaria is a good chance for a 3rd title since the USO...But at majors and Tier I's she's going to have Kerber, Aga, Vika, Maria, Serena in those draws. And thats the real test for all the best players.She has to be able to close. Letting a match with Arvidsson go to 3 sets is different than letting Kerber or Vika get to a 3rd set
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #4548

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I still dont know if 10 is an advantage over 11. And the scheduling freedom 11 gets.
If she finishes YE #10 instead of #11, she'll receive about a million dollars in bonus money she wouldn't otherwise get. Caro is a millionaire many times over, but it's still a nice pile of money.
Regarding the scheduling freedom, is there any of the mandatory tournaments Caro is 'forced' to play as top 10, which she'd want to skip if she were #11? I don't think so. And as for being allowed to play only one International each half year, I don't really see that many Internationals Caro might be interested in playing with Copenhagen out of the picture.

NB: Copenhagen is still on the tournament list for 2013, but I haven't heard anything about someone else wanting to take up the mantle since Nordic Sports Group pulled out in August, so I expect it to be removed soon.
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...endar_2013.pdf
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #4549
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
If she finishes YE #10 instead of #11, she'll receive about a million dollars in bonus money she wouldn't otherwise get. Caro is a millionaire many times over, but it's still a nice pile of money.
Regarding the scheduling freedom, is there any of the mandatory tournaments Caro is 'forced' to play as top 10, which she'd want to skip if she were #11? I don't think so. And as for being allowed to play only one International each half year, I don't really see that many Internationals Caro might be interested in playing with Copenhagen out of the picture.

NB: Copenhagen is still on the tournament list for 2013, but I haven't heard anything about someone else wanting to take up the mantle since Nordic Sports Group pulled out in August, so I expect it to be removed soon.
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...endar_2013.pdf
Fair point. The only exceptions I can think of is if she happened to lose early at an event like Indian Wells and wanted to get a wildcard at an international event (like Petra did in 2011).

If Caroline did end 2012 outside the top ten I believe that her schedule in 2013 would look very similar to how it looked in 2012.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #4550
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Fair point. The only exceptions I can think of is if she happened to lose early at an event like Indian Wells and wanted to get a wildcard at an international event (like Petra did in 2011).

If Caroline did end 2012 outside the top ten I believe that her schedule in 2013 would look very similar to how it looked in 2012.
Yeah, it would mean more if she loses early at some big events.
If she plays well in big events, an extra 2 or 3 Intls wont even count in her rankings
You can see how Korea, Moscow, Bulgaria could help her moving forward...
Hopefully she wins tournaments that have the YEC field in 2013

The YEC players looked very good, even though Serena looks a level above, this was a good tournament for Kerber, Errani, and the players still alive.

Caro has to improve her serve. Even a slight improvement is important.

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #4551
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Publish a poetry book of your modern metaphors and I'll be first in line at the checkout
Coming from a reader of the classics like yourself,that's a nice compliment.I'd do well to achieve even a semblance of the artistry of Rory's ancestor,WB Yeats.

Btw,are you optimistic in re Caroline heading towards 2013??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #4552
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Btw,are you optimistic in re Caroline heading towards 2013??
Absolutely, I haven't lost an ounce of optimism toward her yet... My only concern is that she refrains from wreckless changes to her equipment and team in the future. I think she arrogantly underestimated the difficulty involved and was lost as to what was ailing and how to correct it. I think TJ has helped immensely with that, and I'm optimistic she will be a lot more considered in the future. I still think there is a long way to go with incorporating the changes to an instinctive level, but I have never doubted her potential, or that she would become a better player with experience and the need evolution to her game.

I'm also optimistic about this forum section in 2013
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #4553
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I also think that 2013 will be a better season than this. This year was the season of experiments...and she paid the price,however, I believe that it was a big lesson for her,Piotr and other members of her team. I'd like to see another win in Sofia now when she found some form it'd be cool if she could also capitalise on it. As far as her not being able to play more internationals due to ranking, I don't think that this is what she plays for anyway. I think Caro has a goal of getting back into the mix, the win in Seoul definitely helped her but her goals for the next season are surely higher than the international tournies.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #4554
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I also think that 2013 will be a better season than this. This year was the season of experiments...and she paid the price,however, I believe that it was a big lesson for her,Piotr and other members of her team. I'd like to see another win in Sofia now when she found some form it'd be cool if she could also capitalise on it. As far as her not being able to play more internationals due to ranking, I don't think that this is what she plays for anyway. I think Caro has a goal of getting back into the mix, the win in Seoul definitely helped her but her goals for the next season are surely higher than the international tournies.
Yep. And even if she did want to have more freedom with her schedule - I'm pretty sure she would have just one thing on her mind at the TOC - and that is to try to win. No tactics if I lose I get more choice of tournaments I play next year. Just a professional I've been invited to this tournament and I'm going to try my best to win it.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #4555
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If she finishes YE #10 instead of #11, she'll receive about a million dollars in bonus money she wouldn't otherwise get.
Sure? ..

As 2011 YE #1, Caro would be top of the bonus pile. If she fulfills all commitments towards tournaments and WTA, her bonus will be $1 mill. I've never heard it also hinge on finishing inside the top 10 again.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #4556
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's more a matter of pride. As a competitor she wants to finish as high as possible and there's a certain prestige that goes with being a top ten player.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #4557

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Sure? ..

As 2011 YE #1, Caro would be top of the bonus pile. If she fulfills all commitments towards tournaments and WTA, her bonus will be $1 mill. I've never heard it also hinge on finishing inside the top 10 again.
I mean for next season. If Caro plays a full schedule in 2013, she'll receive about a million dollars in bonus money if she's 2012 YE #10, which she won't get if she's #11.

WTA Official Rule Book

II.C

Top 10 Players shall be entitled to the following compensation payments, provided they play all of the Tournaments in each of the categories below:

PLAYERS

Year End Ranking, Premier Mandatory, Premier 5, 9th Premier Mandatory/Premier 5 Super Bonus, Premier 700

1 $400,000 $400,000 $100,000 $100,000
2 $300,000 $300,000 $100,000 $100,000
3 $300,000 $300,000 $50,000 $50,000
4 $200,000 $200,000 $50,000 $50,000
5 $200,000 $200,000 $50,000 $50,000
6 $150,000 $150,000 $50,000 $50,000
7 $100,000 $100,000 $25,000 $25,000
8 $100,000 $100,000 $25,000 $25,000
9 $100,000 $100,000 $25,000 $25,000
10 $100,000 $100,000 $25,000 $25,000
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #4558
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After the fantastic play in the Vika - Angie and Masha - Aga matches, it's tempting to ask yourself if Caro could have competed at that level right now? Personally I doubt it. She's been moving in the right direction lately but I don't think she's top 5 level atm. She may be next year if she keeps improving, we'll see.
I've seen very little of the YEC this year. What is Caro doing that isn't up to par with those players?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #4559
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mean for next season.

10 $100,000 $100,000 $25,000 $25,000
Gotcha, not quite a potential $ mill though. More like $250k

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #4560
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I've seen very little of the YEC this year. What is Caro doing that isn't up to par with those players?
It was mostly high level tennis at the YEC. Stosur found that out.
My own impression is that it was better than the level in Moscow.
I still think Caro has to serve better, be steadier, but still keep the ball deep to be a contender in this YEC.
But we'll see in January. AO, mideast, IW, Miami. She's done well at all of those in the past. I think the top of the tour (behind Serena) is getting deeper with quality. So to get past the quarters and semis at big events, it takes lots of quality tennis

Closed Thread