Womens Tennis in General - Page 320 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #4786
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Azarenka/Sharapova are soon to face off for the twenty-third time this year, who is with me in predicting a win for Maria? Not only that but she is going to shock the world by defeating Serena in the final.
Well, it seems your first prediction is going to be right. I'm not "that" surprised, since I had the same feeling.

About Sharapova taking revenge on Serena, well...

Humm, humm, humm [coughing and trying to regain composure]

I guess nothing is impossible [suppressing a hysterical laughter]
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #4787
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

And Sharapova it is. As far as her chances against Serena are concerned I have to agree with the post above. No way. Maria is one of the players to whom Williams always loves to give a good beatdown.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #4788
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was a strong YEC.Kerber played well, so did Errani, so did the final 4.
I think the tour will be tough next year. Tough to make slam semis & Tier I finals
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #4789
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I disagree. She never deserved the no.1 ranking, ranking can be only earned and since she did not earn it...tough luck. She had a potential but never fulfilled it.IMO she shouldn't have got the POY because she'd not reached no.1 and Caro actually defended the year-end no.1 that year. Well, as these awards come down to individuals' opinions s it was what it was.
Kvitova deserved POY in my opinion. Even though I'm not a fan she would have gotten my vote. Caroline was number one as she should have been because she got the most points. So I think that they both got what they deserved. POY this year obviously is Serena. You can't argue against someone who won Wimbledon, the Olympics and the USO. And Vika deserves her number one ranking because she was the most consistent player this year. So again, both got/will get what they deserve.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #4790
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Huh, it is no fun (finally) being correct about Maria defeating Victoria if Jimmie48 is not around for me to rub his face in it.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #4791
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
Well, it seems your first prediction is going to be right. I'm not "that" surprised, since I had the same feeling.

About Sharapova taking revenge on Serena, well...

Humm, humm, humm [coughing and trying to regain composure]

I guess nothing is impossible [suppressing a hysterical laughter]
Well, being second best when Serena is playing well is pretty good going. And you NEVER know. Problem is that when these two play each other Serena automatically gets 20% better and Sharapova gets 20% worse. If Maria plays like today or against Stosur I still think she can make a match out of it, but that's a VERY big if.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #4792
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Huh, it is no fun (finally) being correct about Maria defeating Victoria if Jimmie48 is not around for me to rub his face in it.
Well, at least I'm here to help you celebrate Maria's win. Besides, Jimmie is not the only Maria hater in this forum, so you guys.

I'm sure that tomorrow they will all magically turn into Serena fans to help enable them to return the compliment. But nevermind. This has been a great tournament for Maria and a fantastic year no matter what happens tomorrow.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #4793
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I am choosing to remain optimistic. Who thought that Sam was going to win last year in the U.S. Open final? It will be very tough but Maria can do it.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #4794
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I am choosing to remain optimistic. Who thought that Sam was going to win last year in the U.S. Open final? It will be very tough but Maria can do it.
Of course she can do it. Her chances are slim, but they are not non-existent.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #4795
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, being second best when Serena is playing well is pretty good going. And you NEVER know. Problem is that when these two play each other Serena automatically gets 20% better and Sharapova gets 20% worse. If Maria plays like today or against Stosur I still think she can make a match out of it, but that's a VERY big if.
I wholeheartedly wish that Maria win tomorrow, since she's well ranked among my favorite players, but it's hard to believe. Serena's game seems to be perfectly built to annihilate Maria and she obviously take some sadistic pleasure in it. Let's say I don't have false hopes.

For now, let's celebrate a wonderful year for the Siberian Siren
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #4796
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see the match, was Vika extremely injured again? Anyway Serena will spank Maria's ass tomorrow!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #4797
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's jumped the ship and now cheers for Vika to GM's general amusement.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #4798
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, at least I'm here to help you celebrate Maria's win. Besides, Jimmie is not the only Maria hater in this forum, so you guys.

I'm sure that tomorrow they will all magically turn into Serena fans to help enable them to return the compliment. But nevermind. This has been a great tournament for Maria and a fantastic year no matter what happens tomorrow.
Yep I guess I will. But I'm not a fan of any of the "big 3" period. Serena today didn't seem to be hitting with any effort. Ginny said what I thought - that it looked so smooth - all her shots. But the shots just left Aga rooted on the spot. It was sad really because I'm sure Aga could have got to them - or many of them - if she wasn't physically drained.

I don't particularly enjoy seeing aces from Serena - but I like watching her shots better than hitting as hard as you can with an almighty ear piercing shriek all the time and if that's not working try hitting harder with an even louder shriek.

So yes - don't particularly like Serena. But I'm wanting Serena to win tomorrow.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #4799
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Didn't see the match, was Vika extremely injured again? Anyway Serena will spank Maria's ass tomorrow!
Hard to say, really, knowing the history. I give her some credit because she probably still could feel that match against Kerber in her legs. On the other hand, I find it a bit fishy that she never even called the doctor even though she looked in pain.

We all know the outcome of tomorrow's match,though. I think Maria knows it too,therefore she celebrated like crazy today.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #4800
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Hard to say, really, knowing the history. I give her some credit because she probably still could feel that match against Kerber in her legs. On the other hand, I find it a bit fishy that she never even called the doctor even though she looked in pain.

We all know the outcome of tomorrow's match,though. I think Maria knows it too,therefore she celebrated like crazy today.
Yeah, but we would all be saying the same thing if Serena played someone else as well. Problem is that Maria always gets ridiculed for being second best while others are spared because they usually get their beating earlier in the tournament when there's still lots of other stuff going on.

Vika WAS suffering a bit out there. I don't think she was acting. But I don't think it had much of an impact on the result because Maria was the better player even before the injury or whatever discomfort she was in occured.