Christina McHale - Page 210 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #3136
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Christina McHale

Wonder whether Christina will win at least one or two rounds next week.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #3137
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Christina drew the #11 seed Ana Ivanovic in the 1st rd at Beijing . Not the best draw since Ana has been in pretty good form of late. Hopefully she's fully fit and ready to go... GL!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #3138
country flag rseto

rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of

pretty much expected but christina lost 3 and 2.

looks like christina is still entered in Osaka next week so it seems she was using this as a warmup. hope she's feeling better and can get some more practice. she really needs some wins next week.
rseto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #3139

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseto View Post
pretty much expected but christina lost 3 and 2.

looks like christina is still entered in Osaka next week so it seems she was using this as a warmup. hope she's feeling better and can get some more practice. she really needs some wins next week.
X-Tina I'm still really happy to see her back on the courts. Like you said, she'll probably head over to Osaka now and get in some good practice sessions
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #3140
country flag rseto

rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of

well, christina's season is probably over now since she lost to chang in osaka. guess she wanted to play these last tournaments but not sure if it was worth it. even before she got mono, she wasn't playing great and now, everything seems to be a struggle.

i hope i haven't seen her career high already.

anyway, hope she can get past her illness and keep practicing for next year.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #3141

X-Tina You've gotta admire her for trying
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #3142
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Well Christina's had an incredible two years. It's a shame about what's happened these past two months with her illness. Obviously she's not been 100% and it shows in her results. She probably should've taken the rest of the year off after the US Open.

Hopefully this won't develop into a long term issue. I think for some people mono can completely derail a player's career. Didn't that happen to Mario Ancic? And Ajla Tomljanovic has had almost her entire 2012 ruined by it. Anyway, let's see if she can start fresh in 2013 and play great tennis again
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #3143
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseto View Post
well, christina's season is probably over now since she lost to chang in osaka. guess she wanted to play these last tournaments but not sure if it was worth it. even before she got mono, she wasn't playing great and now, everything seems to be a struggle.

i hope i haven't seen her career high already.

anyway, hope she can get past her illness and keep practicing for next year.
I think she'll get over it and rebuild her ranking, but it could take some time. I'm not sure about the wisdom of playing these end of the season tournaments, however. I guess she and her team thought it would be for the best, but seems like wasted energy. Perhaps her doctor thought the extra play would be beneficial Didn't Federer play through most of his bout with mono?
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #3144
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

American Christina McHale has left USTA Player Development coaching and will return to work with New Jersey-based coach Gordon Uehling, sources told TENNIS.com.

McHale’s move is somewhat surprising; in the past two years working with the USTA, her ranking jumped from No. 115 at the end of 2010 to a career-high No. 24 in August. She was training at the USTA National Tennis Center in New York, primarily with coaches Jorge Todero and Jay Gooding, as well as USTA Player Development chief Patrick McEnroe.

However, McHale caught a virus during the London Olympics and was still complaining of feeling weak a few weeks ago while in Asia. She has lost in the first round of her last four tournaments, and her ranking has fallen to No. 33. Uehling also coaches McHale’s older sister Lauren, who plays at Princeton.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #3145
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
American Christina McHale has left USTA Player Development coaching and will return to work with New Jersey-based coach Gordon Uehling, sources told TENNIS.com.
hmmmm, odd turn of events. This, and going back to match play so soon after her diagnoses, are both unexpected, I think. I hope she's not feeling a lot of pressure to get her raking points up. I just don't think that's going to be a possibility until she's fully recovered. The most important thing is to get well and come back strong.
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #3146
country flag rseto

an interesting development. thought she didn't play as well last year on the faster surfaces but she was also ill for a good portion of the year so i hope this move wasn't made prematurely. i don't know anything about her coaching history but it sounds like she's returning to someone she's familiar with. maybe she wants individual coaching again rather than the USTA setup.

i agree that the most important issue is to recover from her illness and be fit again.
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #3147
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all

I wonder how Xtina is feeling? I really hope she can make a full recovery and have another great season. I really like her!
erschloy214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #3148
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

She seems to be on twitter a lot. She posts a lot of pics and from those pictures, she looks like she is feeling good.

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #3149

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
She seems to be on twitter a lot. She posts a lot of pics and from those pictures, she looks like she is feeling good.
That's good to hear I really have to get my lazy butt signed up on Twitter one of these days
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #3150
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote