YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #751
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Hey

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #752
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

I hope Na can beat Azarenka tomorrow - I can still stand Maria losing a big final to Serena but not another loss to Azarenka again this year.
goldlion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #753
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute

Hoggy was scouting today, hopefully he took some good noted for Vika.
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #754
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Revenge is a dish best served cold Proud at her for winning the match after that horrible first set. She just refused to lose, and that's one of the things I respect the most about her It wasn't the humiliation we wanted, but at least we got the win And I loved her reaction when she broke to go 6:5 up in the third

Now she'll have to win against Sam, if she knows what's good for her. Because, with this game she won't come even close to winning more than 3-4 games against Rena. Whereas, she has the groundwork laid out for a decent loss to Vika I honestly don't know which one would be worse at this point. And I'm not being a pessimist, just realistic On the other hand, I expected Vichka to give Rena a tougher match, since Rena was far from impressive in her matches, but oh well, Maria isn't the only one that has Serena embedded in their head

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #755
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

Stosur is just not quite ready for the Championship, considering she just lost to Wozniacki last week.
goldlion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #756
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

Vika got a taste of what Maria has experienced too often in big matches. A complete painful collaspe of her serve and paying dearly for it. I don't think she had any aces and made 9 DFs. Double faulted to lose the first set and double faulted on match point. Dreadful. To her credit, she made both sets competitive and broke Serena a number of times. But Serena did what I wish Maria could do a lot better, which is punish that weaksauce serving of Vika's. Serena was down two breaks in the second set and it didn't phase her a bit. She destroyed her serve when needed and won 6 of the last 7 games in the second.

I know it's probably unreasonable to expect Maria to do things that Serena does so effortlessly, but I don't think it's too much to ask that Maria does a better job at breaking Vika. Her serve is more vulnerable than Maria's, IMO.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #757

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously her Aga form is not much to go on, although that was mainly due to Aga's amazing defence but still some horrible BBB play in the first set and a half from Maria. I still she's hitting the ball very well though, if she can take it as early as against Errani then she has a great chance to beat Vika on this surface. Although I have a feeling Li may randomly turn into GOAT mode and beat Vika, which even though it would mean Maria would still have a chance to be #1, I don't want to happen. Li really causes her to lose all rhythm and she stands a slim chance against Serena as it is.
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #758
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Vika got a taste of what Maria has experienced too often in big matches. A complete painful collaspe of her serve and paying dearly for it. I don't think she had any aces and made 9 DFs. Double faulted to lose the first set and double faulted on match point. Dreadful. To her credit, she made both sets competitive and broke Serena a number of times. But Serena did what I wish Maria could do a lot better, which is punish that weaksauce serving of Vika's. Serena was down two breaks in the second set and it didn't phase her a bit. She destroyed her serve when needed and won 6 of the last 7 games in the second.

I know it's probably unreasonable to expect Maria to do things that Serena does so effortlessly, but I don't think it's too much to ask that Maria does a better job at breaking Vika. Her serve is more vulnerable than Maria's, IMO.
I've learned not to count Maria out or to sell her short.

For a while, Maria couldn't break Aga but she broke Aga 5 times in their last 2 sets. At one point Maria lost to Na Li four (4) straight times but has since beaten Na the last three times they met.

One thing is certain, Maria won't continue to play if she doesn't think she can continue to improve.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #759
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

I really think that Serena would struggle with Aga in SF, if she serves like in the match vs Azarenka..... Radwanska doesn't have Serena in her head and knows that any player can start making UE just being tired of her wall-defense
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #760
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

I do not fear Stosur after what happened last night.
Hoping Li can beat Aza
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #761
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not worried about Stosur at all, and not just because the outcome doesn't matter.
I do want Maria to beat her again though.

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #762
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

With a victory today Maria would equal her 2006 record of 59 wins.....Go Masha !!

BTW Maria has already achieved 470 career victories, meaning in 2013 she will join the 500 club....I think there's not many players there....
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #763
country flag Marga.

Marga. has disabled reputation

hey everyone the match is about to start in about an hour or two from now I finally can catch one
Marga. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #764

Match will start in an hour.
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #765
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first match that I will watch in its entirety at this year's YEC. Maria needs to win to keep her hopes for ending the year as number 1 alive.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote