Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 302 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 09:59 AM   #4516
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Many people seem to think this very slow HC is tailor-made for Caro
Well, she won another tournament, so they had to come up with something

So the surface becomes their blanky .. and should be out-lawed and it's the worst tournament ever with the worst surface ever and blah blah ..

I am paraphrasing GM comments. It was to be expected or as they also like to say : NID

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 01:07 PM   #4517
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Well, she won another tournament, so they had to come up with something

So the surface becomes their blanky .. and should be out-lawed and it's the worst tournament ever with the worst surface ever and blah blah ..

I am paraphrasing GM comments. It was to be expected or as they also like to say : NID
That's so true, I don't get the hate on the surface (well I do, Caro won). It's different. Slow yes but clay is also slow and Caro sucks on it. She might be able to defend better but she can't finish points as easily. Then you have someone saying that titles only matter if you beat the William sisters or Sharapova in the final . As if you can fluke yourself to 20 titles

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 03:21 PM   #4518
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

JerrySolomon_SG Jerry Solomon
Montreal World Team announced: Tsonga & Wozniacki to face Team Canada: @milosraonic & @geniebouchard. March 18 at Bell Centre. Don't miss it

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 04:39 PM   #4519
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Nice quote on Caro:
"You have to admire how tough Wozniacki is. Because she doesn't really have anything to break up the game. It's just grind, grind. As Brad Gilbert called it, she's the 'grindest grinder'. She goes on and on and on, she doesn't give an inch, she never gives anything anyway. It's quite extraordinary, really."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIIgdoW8-WM#t=1m49s
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 01:14 AM   #4520
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

The slow surface excuse kind of backfire a little when is Stosur the player Caro is facing.
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 05:28 AM   #4521
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
That's so true, I don't get the hate on the surface (well I do, Caro won). It's different. Slow yes but clay is also slow and Caro sucks on it. She might be able to defend better but she can't finish points as easily. Then you have someone saying that titles only matter if you beat the William sisters or Sharapova in the final . As if you can fluke yourself to 20 titles
And Caro has won 13 PREMIER titles out of those 20,so she outshines most everyone in the current crop of players,except for future HOFers,in Premiers alone.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 07:24 AM   #4522
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
JerrySolomon_SG Jerry Solomon
Montreal World Team announced: Tsonga & Wozniacki to face Team Canada: @milosraonic & @geniebouchard. March 18 at Bell Centre. Don't miss it
Is she going to play World Team Tennis?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 05:53 PM   #4523
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Field Confirmed for Qatar Airways Tournament of Champions (from Sofia website)

The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) today announced the eight players who will contest the Qatar Airways Tournament of Champions Sofia, the annual seasonending championships for the WTA’s International tournaments, taking place in Bulgaria’s capital
city from October 30 – November 4, 2012. With total prize money of $750,000, the event is to be
played on an indoor hardcourt at Sofia’s Arena Armeec.

Caroline Wozniacki, Nadia Petrova, Roberta Vinci, Hsieh Su-Wei, Zheng Jie and Daniela Hantuchova are the six highest-ranked International Series tournament winners (excluding players who qualified for the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships, as well as the injured Kaia Kanepi and Venus Williams, who won the title at Luxembourg last week but has longstanding commitments in South Africa), thereby qualifying for the 2012 Tournament of Champions. Russia’s Maria Kirilenko and Bulgarian star Tsvetana Pironkova have been awarded wildcards, rounding out the Sofia field.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 06:41 PM   #4524
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad she's playing again.
Caro answered a lot of questions last week. She won a 3rd set 3 days in a row. That means she's working hard on fitness and can still hold her focus after hours of play. That shows she still has some of the key qualities that got her to the top.
Of course, it would be even better if she could close a couple of those in 2.
Still, a Tier I draw to the final could be Sofia, Domi, Sam. Thats a a legitimate draw to come thru.
Lets see how she does here.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #4525
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
Field Confirmed for Qatar Airways Tournament of Champions (from Sofia website)

The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) today announced the eight players who will contest the Qatar Airways Tournament of Champions Sofia, the annual seasonending championships for the WTA’s International tournaments, taking place in Bulgaria’s capital
city from October 30 – November 4, 2012. With total prize money of $750,000, the event is to be
played on an indoor hardcourt at Sofia’s Arena Armeec.

Caroline Wozniacki, Nadia Petrova, Roberta Vinci, Hsieh Su-Wei, Zheng Jie and Daniela Hantuchova are the six highest-ranked International Series tournament winners (excluding players who qualified for the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships, as well as the injured Kaia Kanepi and Venus Williams, who won the title at Luxembourg last week but has longstanding commitments in South Africa), thereby qualifying for the 2012 Tournament of Champions. Russia’s Maria Kirilenko and Bulgarian star Tsvetana Pironkova have been awarded wildcards, rounding out the Sofia field.
If Caro hadn't won both Seoul AND Moscow,then some bashers could try to make a case that she was desperate for an easier tourney title,but the draw above isn't really worse than some of the lesser-tier Premiers and,of course,she has already shown some quality form to refute her mindless critics

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #4526

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
If Caro hadn't won both Seoul AND Moscow,then some bashers could try to make a case that she was desperate for an easier tourney title,but the draw above isn't really worse than some of the lesser-tier Premiers and,of course,she has already shown some quality form to refute her mindless critics
I think TOC has a better average than any other tournament except YEC, you can't expect any easy matches. The average ranking of the Sofia players is #23, only GM trolls would call that a bad tournament. If Kanepi had been playing instead of the local WC, Pironkova, the average ranking would've been #20 and they'd all be seeds if AO was played right now.
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #4527
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of positive signs after the USO.
This wont be an easy tournament in Bulgaria.
We will all see at the AO and the hardcourt spring where she stands with the big guns.
She went 0-5 vs Aga & Kerber this year. But late year wins over Li & Stosur are very positive signs
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #4528
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
I think TOC has a better average than any other tournament except YEC, you can't expect any easy matches. The average ranking of the Sofia players is #23, only GM trolls would call that a bad tournament. If Kanepi had been playing instead of the local WC, Pironkova, the average ranking would've been #20 and they'd all be seeds if AO was played right now.
Though I'm not gonna go back and check,as far as I can recall,this is the best TOC field ever with a player of Caro's caliber leading the way

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #4529

After the fantastic play in the Vika - Angie and Masha - Aga matches, it's tempting to ask yourself if Caro could have competed at that level right now? Personally I doubt it. She's been moving in the right direction lately but I don't think she's top 5 level atm. She may be next year if she keeps improving, we'll see.
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #4530
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

She'd definitely be an underdog but, who knows, maybe she could suprise. She won a tough match against Na and Stosur recently. So, at least she'd make it competitive, IMO.
I am curious to see how she'll deal wih the current rivals that wait for her in Sofia. Several players there are in a really good shape, match vs Petrova or Hantuchova will be interesting.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread