Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #181
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sharapova not backing pay rise for early losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
They might worship them as some sort of foreign beauty, although I doubt Asian people think they are an inferior race to whites.
they don't need to feel inferior but white domination is clear, we can see it in majority of sports, job positions held at top level, religion and in other stuff
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #182
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
It's not less than an issue outside of the States. It's only less talked about and being swept under the carpet (especially in Europe).
What do you mean "not sure how white supremacy argument is relevant in Asia"?
It's a huge problem in Asia.
Well, I personally don't see how a non-white race of people, Asians, believe themselves to be inferior to white people. You're welcome to disagree with me on that as I'm not Asian.
However, I am European, and while there are a lot of white supremacists they are NOT anywhere near the same number as in the US. IMO it's the US that has a hard time gettin their head around the fact that the main social issues in EU differ from those in the US.
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #183
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
And by being a blonde white woman.
Lets not forget the privilege that has afforded her.

Obviously that played a part in the scope of her success. However, by putting it the way you did you are discrediting all her effort and individual sacrifices. Excuse me if I am interpreting your words not in the way you meant them but basically from what I gather your argument is: 'She is white & blonde everything was given to her on a silver plate.' In order for her to have taken advantage of the white supremacy she needed to put herself in that position and I sincerely doubt that it was that easy.
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #184
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I personally don't see how a non-white race of people, Asians, believe themselves to be inferior to white people. You're welcome to disagree with me on that as I'm not Asian.
However, I am European, and while there are a lot of white supremacists they are NOT anywhere near the same number as in the US. IMO it's the US that has a hard time gettin their head around the fact that the main social issues in EU differ from those in the US.
That is also true. But at the same time, not the whole Europe has the same set of issues.
I think you'll agree that Western and Eastern Europe are still night and day when it comes to certain issues.
Also, if you're British, I think the term 'Asian' refers to Indians and Pakistanis predominantly, while the US term refers to South East Asians, Chinese, Japanese and Koreans, mostly.
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #185
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Nothing I have stated has been theoretical, these are facts about the way the world works. You are obviously a vacuous, stupid, privileged (likely Southern?) queen who never takes a second to consider any perspective other than his own. Your responses to me in this thread make that evident. The only hole thats been poked in is the space in your skull where your brain should be.
EVERYTHING you have said has been theoretical. Saying white blonde women are given a lot of financial and social benefits without backing it up in any meaningful way, makes it your personal theory.

I'm not going to get into the personal insults against you. Plenty of other posters have shown you the door.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #186
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No. However white supremacy in Eastern Europe is substantially lower than in the US. I'm not denying that when she won that Wimbledon final the largely white supremacist media in US hyped her up as the next great white champion. However, Maria didn't buy into it. She took her deals from Europe and Asia.
That would explain years of her Canon Powershot commercials on Chicago television.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #187
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post

Obviously that played a part in the scope of her success. However, by putting it the way you did you are discrediting all her effort and individual sacrifices. Excuse me if I am interpreting your words not in the way you meant them but basically from what I gather your argument is: 'She is white & blonde everything was given to her on a silver plate.' In order for her to have taken advantage of the white supremacy she needed to put herself in that position and I sincerely doubt that it was that easy.
Nope, I'm not saying that Maria doesn't work hard, she is an elite tennis player after all. She deserves to be rich and successful. All I'm saying is that her privilege played a key role her becoming as successful as sheis.

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #188
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
That is also true. But at the same time, not the whole Europe has the same set of issues.
I think you'll agree that Western and Eastern Europe are still night and day when it comes to certain issues.
Also, if you're British, I think the term 'Asian' refers to Indians and Pakistanis predominantly, while the US term refers to South East Asians, Chinese, Japanese and Koreans, mostly.
I was taking about the latter group of countries. I mean we can agree to disagree. I'm not so ignorant as to think Maria isn't favoured by white supremacists, I just don't think she's exploited that or donned that image. IDK if it's a deliberate decision on her part, she had a rough time from the US girls when she first moved there. I doubt she has much time for white supremacist snobs.

To the poster mentioning her canon commercial, I said most not all endorsements.
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #189
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honestly LBV I know you feel strongly about this issue but you act like Serena earns nothing which is far from the case. Your experience is from American culture and the vast majority of all of Maria's endorsements are promoted mostly OUTSIDE of the US, all of Serena's are promoted mainly in the US. Your economy arguments are pretty much void, for large companies it's about the money not skin colour. You want to tap into a product predominantly bought by coloured people, you get Serena Williams. And it's also interesting that Serena has never taken advantage of this, let's not pretend she wouldn't have gotten offers.

Also, your social argument . Maria came from the gutter, as did Serena but realistically the gutter in Eastern Europe is worse than the gutter in US, but that's a different issue. Maria's background offers her no social advantage. You're talking about American culture which isn't relevant to this discussion.
Serena didn't come from the gutter atall Her dad was the owner of a wealthy business, and Serena and Venus went to private school. She and Venus were being offered wildcards into American tournaments from the age of 14 - advantages that weren't on offer to players like Maria, seeing as there's far fewer WTA tournaments in Russia than the USA. Trying to claim Maria had an easier path into the sport than Serena is farcical
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #190
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Serena didn't come from the gutter atall Her dad was the owner of a wealthy business, and Serena and Venus went to private school. She and Venus were being offered wildcards into American tournaments from the age of 14 - advantages that weren't on offer to players like Maria, seeing as there's far fewer WTA tournaments in Russia than the USA. Trying to claim Maria had an easier path into the sport than Serena is farcical
Yup, everyone knows Compton, CA as a mecca for wealthy businessmen. You lie worse than Romney.

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #191
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused, are you denying that Richard owned a highly-profitable business? That's a matter of record.

And please, they lived in Compton for barely a few years They were born in a more middle-class area, and moved to a middle-class area after staying there for a short time. He probably only moved the family there in the first place to give Serena and Venus a more elaborate rags-to-riches back-story to market to sponsors - I'll say this for him, he's obviously business-savvy (another advantage that most budding tennis players don't have, which LBV will no doubt gloss over).
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #192
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
I'm confused, are you denying that Richard owned a highly-profitable business? That's a matter of record.

And please, they lived in Compton for barely a few years They were born in a more middle-class area, and moved to a middle-class area after staying there for a short time. He probably only moved the family there in the first place to give Serena and Venus a more elaborate rags-to-riches back-story to market to sponsors - I'll say this for him, he's obviously business-savvy (another advantage that most budding tennis players don't have, which LBV will no doubt gloss over).
Provide the record, then. As for their education, being home-schooled is not the same as attending private school. Explain your motivation for lying outta your ass?

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #193
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Provide the record, then. As for their education, being home-schooled is not the same as attending private school.
Serena's own words:

Quote:
Q. What's the name of the school you graduated from?

SERENA WILLIAMS: It was a private school, Driftwood Academy, in Florida. A private school.
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=22306

Google "Richard Williams tennis ran security firm" for a multitude of links confirming he owned a business.

"You lie more than Mitt Romney".
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #194
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Serena's own words:

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=22306

Google "Richard Williams tennis ran security firm" for a multitude of links of how he owned a business.

"You lie more than Mitt Romney".
Driftwood Academy is a high school and Compton isn't in Florida. They were both pros before enrolling, so their father's non-existent business wealth wasn't paying their tuition. Again, prior to high school both were home-schooled by their mother.

Plenty of people run businesses who/that aren't "wealthy." What is that supposed to prove? And screw google, give me links.

Yes, "You lie more than Mitt Romney".

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #195
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Driftwood Academy is a high school and Compton isn't in Florida. They were both pros before enrolling, so their father's non-existent business wealth wasn't paying their tuition. Again, prior to high school both were home-schooled by their mother.

Yes, "You lie more than Mitt Romney".
I'm sorry, are you saying Serena herself is lying when she says she went to a private school?

And I know Compton isn't in Florida. Thank you for drawing attention to the fact that they only lived in Compton for a couple of years, as I said before.

Last edited by dsanders06 : Oct 25th, 2012 at 01:39 AM.