YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 46 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #676
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Honestly, me too.
At least it's a loss to one of the GOATS of the sport and not to Vika!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #677
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Why? Does the outcome of the Maria-Stosur match have any impact on the standings? I thought Maria was already guaranteed 1st place in the group no matter what...
Yep, Maria is guaranteed to win the group no matter what. The confusion comes from people mistaking the set ratio rule. That rule only comes into play if three players are tied, which is impossible at this point. (At least where Maria is concerned)

Just to confirm for anyone still in doubt:

Round Robin tie-breaking methods

The final standings of each group shall be determined by the first of the following methods that apply:

Greatest number of wins
Greatest number of matches played; or
Head-to-head results if only two players are tied, or if three players are tied then:

a If three players each have the same number of wins, a player having played less than all three matches is automatically eliminated and the player advancing to the single elimination competition is the winner of the match-up of the two remaining tied players; or
b Highest percentage of sets won; -or
c Highest percentage of games won

If Maria wins against Sam, she goes 3-0 and obviously wins the group.

If Maria loses against Sam, she holds a 2-1 record, but still wins the group, because she beat both Errani and Radwanska.

If Radwanska beats Errani, she'll be 2-1, but can't be above Maria because of tonight's win.

If Errani beats Radwasnka and Stosur, she similarly is 2-1, but can't be above Maria because of yesterdays win.

Stosur can only qualify as the runner up. To do so, she needs to win both of her games, and hope that Errani beats Radwanska. Even if Sam wins both games, she can't climb above Maria, as Maria will have played three games, Sam only two.

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #678
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

gurls and guys i'm going to bed.
I LOVE YOU ALL, this has been an emotional rollercoaster of a night.

see you all tomorrow morning
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #679
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

I appologize for all my doom and gloom. But phew this was so tight.. She had some luck.. Thanks God.
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #680
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, do you guys realise that this year, Maria has gotten atleast one win over practically every active player who's been top 5 in the past 5 years? Azarenka, Radwanska, Kvitova, Clijsters, Venus, Stosur, Wozniacki, Kerber, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Petrova, Li. All she needs is to beat You Know Who here and she has pretty much the full set (or am I forgetting some?).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #681
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
She won 2 matches, Stosur can't be in the SF's cause she only plays 2 matches, Errani and Aga are already 1 down.
i think stosur still has a change to take a spot in Sf. If she wins over Errani and Maria and Radwanska lose to Errani.
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #682
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Nope if Aga straights Errani she has to at least take a set of Stosur. She's definitely through to SF though. If Serena wins tomorrow she finishes first in her group and Maria won't be wanting to face her.
If Aga and Maria both finish 2-1, Maria still wins the group regardless of sets because she beat Aga. The set rule only comes in if there's a three way time, which is impossible, as Aga and Errani play each other, and Stosur's maximum record is 2-0. (So she can only qualify by winning twice and if Errani beats Aga)

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #683
country flag killerqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
By the way, do you guys realise that this year, Maria has gotten atleast one win over practically every player who's been top 5 in the past 5 years? Azarenka, Radwanska, Kvitova, Clijsters, Venus, Stosur, Wozniacki, Kerber, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Petrova, Li. All she needs is to beat You Know Who here and she has pretty much the full set.
Damn Sveta! ... Actually, when was the last time Maria played her?

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #684
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
Thanks for clearing rules up. Cinci 2011 worthy match.
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #685
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Damn I forgot her. She hasn't played her since Cincy 2011. Zvonareva too. Although they've both been so inactive this year that, for the sake of this stat, I'mma count them as retired
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #686
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Maria wins against Sam, she goes 3-0 and obviously wins the group.

If Maria loses against Sam, she holds a 2-1 record, but still wins the group, because she beat both Errani and Radwanska.

If Radwanska beats Errani, she'll be 2-1, but can't be above Maria because of tonight's win.

If Errani beats Radwasnka and Stosur, she similarly is 2-1, but can't be above Maria because of yesterdays win.

Stosur can only qualify as the runner up. To do so, she needs to win both of her games, and hope that Errani beats Radwanska. Even if Sam wins both games, she can't climb above Maria, as Maria will have played three games, Sam only two.
Thanks ;D
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #687
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

After seeing the pic of the handshake I lost a lot of my hate for Aga, as usual after a win by Maria
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #688
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #689
country flag Trih

I was so busy with twitter that I didn't even enjoy the ace and the moment, I'll have to download the match to watch it properly
time to sleep now see ya tomorrow!:P
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #690
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

@ pikachuindia(Queenpova) in GOAT troll mode reeking havoc in GM

The only thing TF needs is FiloV from MTF

Last edited by Fighterpova : Oct 25th, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote