YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 45 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #661
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
She has a POSITIVE ratio?

BTW sometimes I get too zoned in when watching her that I can't really tell if it's good unless it's as good as vs Stosur in Stuttgart. Tennis tonight seemed very messy at times, did so many people really think it was epic?
epic time-wise

tennis-wise. NO

though angie/vika was pretty amazing
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #662
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Basically tomorrow's match between Serena and Vika will decide Maria's opponent in the SF. PANIC!
How can that be - unless you assume that Masha is going to lose to Stosur? - We dunno yet if Masha ends up as the #1 or the #2 in the group - According to the TV commentators - Masha's 2 wins aren't enough to be sure of a semi final spot - I have no idea how that is possible
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #663
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

And by the way, yes credit to Radwanska for fighting, blablabla, and she was classier at the end of the match than I expected .... but let's face it, it's quite telling of how little influence she had on the outcome that she actually played better in the sets she lost than the set she won
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #664
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
How can that be - unless you assume that Masha is going to lose to Stosur? - We dunno yet if Masha ends up as the #1 or the #2 in the group - According to the TV commentators - Masha 2 wins don't seem enough to be sure of a semi final spot - I have no idea how that is possible
She won 2 matches, Stosur can't be in the SF's cause she only plays 2 matches, Errani and Aga are already 1 down.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #665
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post

Hopefully she steps it up for the SFs. How much effort do we reckon she'll put in against Stosur?
Although she hates to lose to the same player twice, I reckon she will play only around 60%.

Such a dilemma. As a fan I'd hate to see her play half her best, I hope Stosur match won't be long and 60% would be enough for Maria to get through, but I doubt it, it's Sam and she's good enough to beat Maria.

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #666
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Depends on tomorrow's result.
If Serena wins, she'll be out to straight set Sam.
Why? Does the outcome of the Maria-Stosur match have any impact on the standings? I thought Maria was already guaranteed 1st place in the group no matter what...
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #667
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

That was a ride, I have no words. New Taylor song can say it for me: We're happy free confused and lonely at the same time
It's miserable and magical oh yeah

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #668
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why? Does the outcome of the Maria-Stosur match have any impact on the standings? I thought Maria was already guaranteed 1st place in the group no matter what...
Thought so too...
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #669
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She has a POSITIVE ratio?

BTW sometimes I get too zoned in when watching her that I can't really tell if it's good unless it's as good as vs Stosur in Stuttgart. Tennis tonight seemed very messy at times, did so many people really think it was epic?
I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as Stuttgart. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that tonight was a total mess. Lots of simple mistakes, double figures in DF's, some ridiculously poor returns and return games. There was a lot of good mixed in, and some very very well played points, but I'd rate the match 5/10 max for quality. This match was an epic contest, but the standard was pretty bad at times. I think Maria's ultra aggressiveness may have clouded a few people judgements...

Still, Yay Maria!

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #670
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nope if Aga straights Errani she has to at least take a set of Stosur. She's definitely through to SF though. If Serena wins tomorrow she finishes first in her group and Maria won't be wanting to face her.
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #671
country flag Trih

Quote:
Sharapova to press: "Riiiise and shine, everybody." Carrying food. Asked what it was. "I don't know. Could be kangaroo food for all I know."
priceless
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #672
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

omg
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #673
country flag Trih

Quote:
Nope if Aga straights Errani she has to at least take a set of Stosur. She's definitely through to SF though. If Serena wins tomorrow she finishes first in her group and Maria won't be wanting to face her.
MMMhhhh... I'll NEVER understand the rules about winning sets, whatever. But I don't think Maria would be happy to face either Vika or Serena imho, they're both hard matches so I don't think she'll mind about it when she faces Sam
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #674
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'll definitely take a loss to Serena over another one to Vika though..

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #675
country flag Trih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
I'll definitely take a loss to Serena over another one to Vika though..
Honestly, me too.