YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 08:06 PM   #526
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

I missed it but looks like a good start.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 08:11 PM   #527
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

I was out for dinner and could only follow the score on the phone. Looks like a solid win for Maria, plenty of fire power on the winners side but she better keeps the errors a bit lower for the match tomorrow.
Abuttons is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 08:18 PM   #528
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who actually thought Masha's forehand was better than her backhand today (one of the few matches this year that's true)? Actually I've really liked what I've been seeing from her on the forehand side since the US Open. Atm she seems to be striking the right balance between driving through it and getting it deep in the court, while still putting enough spin on it to keep it in court......whereas at times earlier in the season (Wimbledon especially), she wasn't driving through it at all and it just kept sitting up short, which is suicide away from clay.

I may regret saying this, but really not concered about Queen Vulture. If she was playing her first then I would've been worried, but now that she's got her feet wet, I really think she'll be fine, and we all know she knows the right way to play against QV. I do still think the only reason she lost in Miami was because of her finals block at that time, whereas she hopefully shouldn't really be that nervous tomorrow (tomorrow's is about as pressure-free a match as she's going to get at this tournament). The only thing that could be her undoing is if her 2nd-serve returns are as sloppy as they were in the 1st set against Errani today.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 08:20 PM   #529
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

^ I agree dsander, she wasn't pulling up as much on her fh today. Sam Smith was saying the reason she's had to work on her fh again is because she hits 'tall' on it, meaning she stands up too straight instead of crouching and anticipating. Anyway all cylinders looked pretty good tonight, I hope (even if it's slightly messy/tough two or three sets) that she beats Aga
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 08:22 PM   #530
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Agree that her FH was GOAT today.
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:11 PM   #531
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Maria !

Errani is extremely annoying. Her game, her grunt/scream

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:03 PM   #532
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Good start . Let's hope she takes down Aga in similar fashion tomorrow.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:11 PM   #533
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

I was about to mention the FH also, more of that tomorrow bitch!
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:39 PM   #534
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, flop Serena-hater I may be, but I actually don't want Vika to beat Serena. I want Maria to be the only one of those 2 to beat Serena this year. I am SICK of this fake theory that GMers are peddling that Vika is a tougher match-up for Serena than Maria is, despite no evidence whatsoever supporting that
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM   #535
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
By the way, flop Serena-hater I may be, but I actually don't want Vika to beat Serena. I want Maria to be the only one of those 2 to beat Serena this year. I am SICK of this fake theory that GMers are peddling that Vika is a tougher match-up for Serena than Maria is, despite no evidence whatsoever supporting that
Girl...

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:45 PM   #536
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Let me dream
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:50 PM   #537
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Link: Sharapova vs Errani

Quote:
Sharapova’s two-handed backhand has always been her most consistent weapon, but it's her forehand that wins her big matches. She would end the contest with her 22nd forehand winner and 39th overall, playing a workmanlike point where she got herself into a comfortable position in the left-hand corner and scalded an inside-out forehand on the line.

If Sharapova can keep her forehand cranking at the same rate, she has a good chance to win the White Group (which includes Petra Kvitova and Agnieszka Radwanska) and has at least a puncher’s chance to upset her two nemeses—Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka—on the weekend.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:02 PM   #538
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Couldn't watch the match live but managed to catch up with the recording. Maria looked impressive after Hoggy gave her some tips and encouragement. Second set was first class.

Tomorrow is another night match. Hope she can stay awake to get her revenge.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:06 PM   #539
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
MashaFan, I'd like to thank you for your defense of Maria at Tennis.com.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:36 PM   #540
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I would probably die if Maria beat Serena. She'd probably flop to Azarenka directly afterwards but I would not care.

But I can't argue that Maria's tougher for Serena because I've forgotten what it's like to see Maria play well against Serena

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote