Donna Vekic - Page 173 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:50 AM   #2581
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

Donna Vekic (CRO) v Hyun-Hui Hong (KOR) 6-1,6-3...Well done
Advertisement

Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:54 AM   #2582
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done.

easy, as expected.
Wert. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:59 AM   #2583
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Donna is currently #108, which will likely be the cut-off for the AO MD. She's losing 68 points from Lagos I and II, so to get back to #108 she needs to regain those 68 points. Today's win gives her 8, so 60 more to go.

Keep going, Donna!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:08 AM   #2584
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Donna is currently #108, which will likely be the cut-off for the AO MD. She's losing 68 points from Lagos I and II, so to get back to #108 she needs to regain those 68 points. Today's win gives her 8, so 60 more to go.
As I understand it, points from Lagos 1 are coming off this week, which means that Donna could prevent losing anything on Monday by reaching the final in Seoul. But since she won't be playing next week, the next batch of 34 points (from Lagos 2) will come off a week from Monday.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:44 AM   #2585
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Good start

The sun has finally come out and its brought with it a good start for me in Seoul. I managed to beat Hyun Hui Hong, a Korea Fed Cup player, (6-1, 6-3). I played some solid tennis which is encouraging at the start of the tournament.

BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:48 AM   #2586
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
As I understand it, points from Lagos 1 are coming off this week, which means that Donna could prevent losing anything on Monday by reaching the final in Seoul. But since she won't be playing next week, the next batch of 34 points (from Lagos 2) will come off a week from Monday.
No, Seoul points come out next Monday like Lagos as it is also 25K
Lagos this year was actually stronger than I thought it would be, so she might have not defended all her points
Anyway, I am concerned about her many tournaments she is playing. She has already played 5 (Brazil, Wrexham, Tashkent, Suzhou and Seoul) and she has Netanya and Delhi to come. That leaves her with only 5 Tournaments plus Australian Open until her birthday. So she realistically has to play some tournaments to get into RG + Wimbledon guarenteed and then the points from Uzbekistan can come off once she's already in

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM   #2587
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

She is still on acceptance list for next week 25k netanya and she can't withdraw now without penalty.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:59 AM   #2588
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Anyway, I am concerned about her many tournaments she is playing. She has already played 5 (Brazil, Wrexham, Tashkent, Suzhou and Seoul) and she has Netanya and Delhi to come. That leaves her with only 5 Tournaments plus Australian Open until her birthday. So she realistically has to play some tournaments to get into RG + Wimbledon guarenteed and then the points from Uzbekistan can come off once she's already in
Well, RG+W are virtually guaranteed, because all she has to defend from the start of the season by the time Wimbledon starts is about 150 points (give or take a few). One win in Melbourne is 100, so that alone would be of massive help. Sure, we can't *count* on that win, cause she might get a nasty draw, but it's not impossible. Also, does she have to enter the main draw of slams so that they wouldn't count towards her used appearances. Anyone knows what's the deal with WC's in that regard?
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:04 AM   #2589
country flag ma re

Quote:
But since she won't be playing next week...
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
She is still on acceptance list for next week 25k netanya and she can't withdraw now without penalty.
Oops, forgot about that one.
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:11 AM   #2590
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, RG+W are virtually guaranteed, because all she has to defend from the start of the season by the time Wimbledon starts is about 150 points (give or take a few). One win in Melbourne is 100, so that alone would be of massive help. Sure, we can't *count* on that win, cause she might get a nasty draw, but it's not impossible. Also, does she have to enter the main draw of slams so that they wouldn't count towards her used appearances. Anyone knows what's the deal with WC's in that regard?
She gets Merited Increased for entry into MD or QD of up to 4 PMs or Grand Slams It's so the WTA can justify having Age Eligibility if someone Donna's age was Top 10 and needed to play these tournaments

I thnk Donna needs to make MD for RG as I don't think she'd qualify on Clay but Wimbledon she doesn't need to be as highly ranked which is good Also, cut-off is 6 weeks prior to each tournaments so many of her points don't come off until after that, and all of them are 25Ks which pushes them back yet another week. BTW, why do they make these points come on later

BTW, her seeding in Pune has gone down to at least 8 as Petkovic took a WC

Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 12:50 PM   #2591
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All over the city are these posters for the tournament with my picture on them.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 06:42 PM   #2592
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Seoul is a 10 milion population city, it must be cool to see posters with you all over the place
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 08:47 PM   #2593
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Also, does she have to enter the main draw of slams so that they wouldn't count towards her used appearances. Anyone knows what's the deal with WC's in that regard?
I'm too lazypressed for time to check the WTA rules, but as I remember it: for ranking purposes, a mandatory tournament is as mandatory for Donna as for any other player, if she gains direct acceptance by ranking to a GS and doesn't play, it still counts (zero) towards her ranking; for AER purposes, she can use two of her merited increases at GS, but only if she enters on ranking, not for WCs.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #2594
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

As expected, in R2 Donna plays Miyabi Inoue (#408). No good reason for Donna not to win this and advance to the QF.

With R1 completed, 3 of the 8 seeds are already out: (6) Abduraimova, (7) Okadaue and (8) Lee.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #2595
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
As expected, in R2 Donna plays Miyabi Inoue (#408). No good reason for Donna not to win this and advance to the QF.

With R1 completed, 3 of the 8 seeds are already out: (6) Abduraimova, (7) Okadaue and (8) Lee.
Donna vs Yuxuan is still on the cards
I wouldn't be surprised if Donna fell to this Golden Flower, it will at least be a challenge

Closed Thread