~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~ - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 09:54 PM   #31
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~ The Figure Skating Season 2012-2013~

Oh dear, Alex. What happened to Yuzuru in the long program?

I haven't watched the ladies yet, but I adore Takahiko Kozuka's skating. So smooth!

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 02:00 AM   #32
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute

Ashley.
The program was amazing, I really hope she makes the podium or better this season
All she needs is a clean triple lutz(sans flutz)

+ Adelina needs to change her music, I had to mute my tv after the first minute

Ana Ivanovic, Sabine Lisicki, Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard

Official Psychologist of Don't Knock the Dok!
KoOlMaNsEaN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 02:04 AM   #33
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
Oh dear, Alex. What happened to Yuzuru in the long program?

I haven't watched the ladies yet, but I adore Takahiko Kozuka's skating. So smooth!
I don't know. He's literally coming off an injury a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping he was just not ready still. Whatever, he still has the World Record for SP score and is on his way up.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 04:13 AM   #34

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Strange to see no Japanese ladies contending for the title. I'm not overly enthusiastic about Wagner or Gao and Adelina is wasting her talent with this LP. Glad to see her land a 3z3t though.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
My Twitter
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 04:32 AM   #35
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

I like Wagner. She's not unique or elegant enough for me to stan, but imo she's an improvement over most of the white girls America has been producing the past 7 years or so. She's at very least a step up from Hughes the Lesser and Flatt in terms of watchability.

Gao however bothers me and I don't even know why. She just doesn't have the It Factor.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 04:54 AM   #36

Wagner is OK. I was rooting for her to win the bronze at Worlds last year. But I'm not going to stand up and clap for her or anything.

My Twitter
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #37
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute

Kaetlyn Osmond in 2nd after the short program

Most of the ladies under-rotated their jumps which allowed Elene and Kaetlyn to rise up with clean programs.

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #38
country flag IceSkaTennisFan

IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute IceSkaTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
Wagner is OK. I was rooting for her to win the bronze at Worlds last year. But I'm not going to stand up and clap for her or anything.
Yeah, her music choices leave something to be desired. She thought Black Swan was such an amazing program that could not be outdone, but it was just warmed over Swan Lake. She has potential to try other stuff and I guess I just appreciate it more when skaters try to be more original. I was admiring Buttle's Ararat LP when he won Worlds. It was absolutely amazing to see something fresh and up to date. She's a fun skater to watch for a minute, but then you realize she doesn't seem as confident with her jumps as she does with her other elements. Maybe it's just a phase...
IceSkaTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #39
country flag fifty-fifty

fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of

Current Overall Standing

Pl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Kaetlyn OSMOND
CAN
176.45 2 2
2 Akiko SUZUKI
JPN
175.16 5 1
3 Kanako MURAKAMI
JPN
168.04 4 4
4 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
RUS
168.00 6 3
5 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI
GEO
160.52 1 5
6 Ksenia MAKAROVA
RUS
154.11 3 9
7 Gracie GOLD
USA
151.57 9 6
8 Amelie LACOSTE
CAN
151.44 7 7
9 Caroline ZHANG
USA
149.87 8 8
10 Polina SHELEPEN
RUS
124.29 10 10
fifty-fifty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #40
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

Yay for Kaetlyn and CDN Women's skating. After last season's horrendous ladies' showings, it's nice to have a woman that can contend

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #41
country flag fifty-fifty

fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoOlMaNsEaN View Post
Yay for Kaetlyn and CDN Women's skating. After last season's horrendous ladies' showings, it's nice to have a woman that can contend
Do you honestly believe she deserved to win?
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #42
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty-fifty View Post
Do you honestly believe she deserved to win?
Goodbye hater

Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #43
country flag fifty-fifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoOlMaNsEaN View Post
Goodbye hater
Look buddy, I don't even know this girl. But she clearly didn't deserve gold today. The only reason she's fist is because she's Canadian. This is not just my opinion, just visit other skating forums.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #44
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Man I was hoping w.all my might that Zhang was going to have a turn around season, she got so much potential. Very disappointing that she can't get out of her own way and I'm afraid she's spiraling into irrelevance. She's currently in 9th place :
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #45
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty-fifty View Post
Look buddy, I don't even know this girl. But she clearly didn't deserve gold today. The only reason she's fist is because she's Canadian. This is not just my opinion, just visit other skating forums.
I'm tired of Canadians being criticized for their good results, it's getting old