YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 32 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:49 PM   #466
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Just saw the draw . We got Haga in her group so that's a good thing. And what's also a good thing is that she's playing Errani first. A win to start her campaign here would be awesome. She has the mental edge over Kvitova this year so I think that Maria has a pretty good chance to go 3-0 in her group.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:57 PM   #467
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
No. Rankings only count in the draw forthe round Robbin stage of the YEC. The semi finals are decided by results of each group - the winner of one group plays the runner up of the other in the SF.
OK. So a SF battle with Vika is still possible. I think Maria still believes deep down she can beat Vika on a hard court and wouldn't mind getting one more shot at her.

I would just like to see Maria bring her "A" game for once when facing Vika or Serena. As has been mentioned, Serena can play like garbage for long stretches against the likes of Vika, Kerber, Agi, Woz, and other players. And Vika, to a lesser extent, can play down to the competition. But when those two see Maria across the net, like clockwork, they raise their game to absurd levels, seemingly never giving Maria ANYTHING resembling a free point or free game. Maria's best option is to play brilliant herself to counter them. But she never seems to be able to do that against those two.(Other than Stuttgart)
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 09:45 PM   #468
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really looking forward to her first match tomorrow, with no expectations of her getting past the Semis. In many ways this has been Maria's best and most disappointing seasons, but I remain hopeful that she will find something special within herself against Vika this tournament (assuming she finishes second in her group to Serena and Maria finishes #1). Obviously we will need a miracle should she face Serena, but hey, an off day is possible and if Maria beats Vika she'll hopefully have a confidence boost. I don't know. I'm just happy we get to see Maria play a few more matches this year .
TrollPova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:04 PM   #469
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Will most likely miss her match tomorrow.
So few matches left this season too.

All the best Maria for this tournament, sure there have been a lot of disappointments but some unforgettable moments that go beyond standom, I'll never forget that clay court run. Heninesque.

Errani is a good first opponent, she can afford to be a little rusty here. No disrespect to Errani and I always hope for Maria to bring her best, but Maria's worst tennis should get the job done here in 3 or 2 tight sets.
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:38 PM   #470
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

My best hope is that Maria plays her game and doesn't self-destruct because of serving issues.

Last edited by 18majors : Oct 23rd, 2012 at 06:31 AM.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 11:18 PM   #471
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I don't understand. Is he dissing Maria's personality, or saying he doesn't want Petra playing her because Maria's the hardest for her to beat?
Quote:
viene chiesto ai vari ospiti importanti di estrarre i successivi nomi. E loro estraggono: Williams girone rosso, Agnieska bianco, Kerber rosso, Kvitova bianco. E qui il coach di Petra scuote la testa. Per la serie “datemi tutte le altre ma Maria no!” Per fortuna Petra non lo può vedere seduta lì in prima fila. I restanti due nome estratti neanche gli ascolta, Li Na rosso e Errani bianco.
It was an hypothetical thought, written by the author of the article, it wasn't easy to translate with google
It meant this:
"it's been asked to the guests to extract the names. And they extract: Williams red group, Agnieszka white, Kerber red, Kvitova white. And here Petra's coach shakes his head. Like he was saying "give me anyone else but not Maria!" Luckily Petra can't see him, sitting in the front row. He doesn't even care about the last two names, Li Na red and Errani white."
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 11:28 PM   #472
country flag Marga.

Marga. has disabled reputation

Hey when is her first match gonna be?
Marga. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 11:41 PM   #473
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marga. View Post
Hey when is her first match gonna be?
Tomorrow, scheduled third. I'm not sure of the time though.
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 11:44 PM   #474
country flag jameshazza

20.00 or 21.00 local time I would imagine.
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 11:52 PM   #475
country flag Jeffery

Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
20.00 or 21.00 local time I would imagine.
6 P.M GMT+1

http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
Jeffery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 02:49 AM   #476
country flag mc8114

mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute

From Twitter

Quote:
@SI_BTBaseline: Sharapova asked about her chattiness with Serena at draw ceremony: "You do not want to know what we talked about. It's not PG13." #wtachamps
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 04:13 AM   #477
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc8114 View Post
From Twitter

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 05:27 AM   #478
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Why does play have to start so late I am exhausted right now , no way am I gonna be able to wait 8.5 hours just for the first match to start
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:24 AM   #479
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:59 AM   #480
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
It was an hypothetical thought, written by the author of the article, it wasn't easy to translate with google
It meant this:
"it's been asked to the guests to extract the names. And they extract: Williams red group, Agnieszka white, Kerber red, Kvitova white. And here Petra's coach shakes his head. Like he was saying "give me anyone else but not Maria!" Luckily Petra can't see him, sitting in the front row. He doesn't even care about the last two names, Li Na red and Errani white."
It also says something about Vika passing something to Maria and she says that she's not her maid or something...could you translate
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote