The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 114 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 01:46 PM   #1696
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

She should drop shot them at this point
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 01:54 PM   #1697
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Lmfao that second serve, nice try
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 01:58 PM   #1698
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Coach says she is far too impressed and nervous. She has to calm down and don't let herself get influenced too much by Venus power shots. She has already taken out some big hitters this week.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 02:09 PM   #1699
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe it took her a whole set to realize that even she can attack those 'serves'.

Back on serve in set 2
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 02:17 PM   #1700
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Foot fault How dare they when they can't even call a ball out
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 02:40 PM   #1701
country flag Curcubeu

Simply too good from Venus from the baseline.

Monica completely overslept the start of the match and used the completely wrong tactics on the return. She can only blame herself for that.

Good luck in Poitiers.
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 02:52 PM   #1702
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

She wasn't at her best but yeah Vee was excellent from the baseline : not bothered by the slice, easily overpowering Monica, very few mistakes (!)

Still, I'm quite pissed at how she handled Venus's serve, anyone in the top 300 would have returned better than Monica today She simply has no idea what to do with slow balls on her FH side.

Great week anyway !
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:17 PM   #1703
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
She wasn't at her best but yeah Vee was excellent from the baseline : not bothered by the slice, easily overpowering Monica, very few mistakes (!)

Still, I'm quite pissed at how she handled Venus's serve, anyone in the top 300 would have returned better than Monica today She simply has no idea what to do with slow balls on her FH side.

Great week anyway !
Lots has been made this match about how poorly Monica returned Venus's weak serve. Well it wasn't good. That said a lot of the women's tour struggle to return serves effectively. Monica is actually on of the best players on the tour at getting big serves back into play and setting the rallies back to neutral. Last year she ranked in the top 3 I recall in points won returning the 1st serve and games broken. But her approach on return has always been to reset the point to neutral and against Venus's weak serve than approach didn't change. Reality is returning weak serves just isn't her thing.

Bottom line is Venus played very well off the ground and Monica was just a bit too tense today and it did bring her game down, not a lot but a little and that was enough. Nevermind it was still a good week.
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:40 PM   #1704
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Although today was disappointing, it's just great to see her make the final, and defend all her points here.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 04:22 PM   #1705
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Monica was beaten by fear and respect. Too much of both for the name "Venus Williams".
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 04:28 PM   #1706
country flag Curcubeu

Yeah, like Calin said. She had too much respect and didn't even try to be agressive for most parts of the match.
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 06:45 PM   #1707
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She can be proud about her week Wasn't excepting she could defend her semifinal

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 02:47 PM   #1708
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Monica played better in the previous matches.
Against Venus she had too much fear and tension.
More dropshots would have been useful.
Overall beating Oprandi, Goerges, Hradecka and Hantuchova in the same
week is very good performance still.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #1709
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

(3)Monica Niculescu (ROU) d. (Q)Elitsa Kostova (BUL) 62 64

Burdette next
Old Oct 24th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #1710
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Watched few games at start an at the end of the match.
The usual stuff.
But there were no ball kids and all went much slower.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote