Ana's end of the year thread (2012 Asia and Indoor) - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #481
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's end of the year thread (2012 Asia and Indoor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
With the current form, she won't win big titles. If she improves it, of course she will. But the thing I'm saying that she could've won a Premier title this year, her game was good enough for some of those tournaments.
Maybe her game.. but wouldn't she just screw it up somehow? It seems every single time Ana had a chance, she found creative ways to blow it.. As if she wasn't prepared to have a chance, didn't believe she could.

Quote:
the top 3 players weren't there. Or they retired/tanked.
But Ana was there.. and she couldn't come even close.. not even a single final the whole year.

Quote:
No Bali title this year and it's suddenly a bad season? People are overreacting. She's ranked much higher than in the end of last year. But she couldn't win a title with this schedule. OG screwed her brain and her schedule. It's probably one of the reasons she got double bageled.
No.. Actually, what I was saying is that I would take 2010 over this season without blinking. Not that any could be considered good.. both were crappy... but the point difference is only 300, and I'd take the 2 titles.

And I disagree.. Ana could win a title with this schedule.. she could very well win Moscow if she wasn't such an idiot. Losing the match like she lost today.. I mean.. honestly.. it wasnt due to level of play.. she just couldn't take her chances. It was like this all year long.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #482
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

i see izzy is still complaining about no title or the final for ana this year like bali title would matter much. and there is still fed cup as much as i hate that competition.

i think it was an ok year, certainly better than anything since 2008. ana wants to become a top player again, not a mm goat, so finishing the year with the best ranking since then is a positive, more so than what another title at a small tournament would be.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #483
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i see izzy is still complaining about no title or the final for ana this year like bali title would matter much. and there is still fed cup as much as i hate that competition.

i think it was an ok year, certainly better than anything since 2008. ana wants to become a top player again, not a mm goat, so finishing the year with the best ranking since then is a positive, more so than what another title at a small tournament would be.
As if Ana could ever be MM GOAT by never playing them.

12.. 17.. all the same.. only 300 points difference.. at least she had a title to her name.

What gets me the most about this crappy year is that she didn't make a single final. Not a single one. A new low to her career.. 1st time in 9 years since she turned pro in 2003.

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #484
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm yes, but she also made a GS QF, and i KNOW the draw was

But come on, it's still a big achievement considering the last 4 years.

I really hope Ana is okay for Fed Cup, and that she performs like she did in the first set. I didn't actually think she could play at such a high level with her body being the way it is...
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #485
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
No.. Actually, what I was saying is that I would take 2010 over this season without blinking. Not that any could be considered good.. both were crappy... but the point difference is only 300, and I'd take the 2 titles.
It's a tough choice, 2 titles, the QF of Beijing and 2 big SFs... that was very good... but those slam results... please, no. I'm mad that she didn't win a title. She played a better tennis than last year and she was mentally stronger, the schedule was awful.

I hope that this will stay her game plan (1st set today), amazing controlled aggression, very nice balance, very powerful, but she didn't try to overhit. Amazing power and nice touch, it was a joy to watch.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #486
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Hmm yes, but she also made a GS QF, and i KNOW the draw was

But come on, it's still a big achievement considering the last 4 years.

I really hope Ana is okay for Fed Cup, and that she performs like she did in the first set. I didn't actually think she could play at such a high level with her body being the way it is...
Ana could've made a lot of slam QFs. But she would always face a top favorite in 4th round. The only difference this time is that the draw made her face Serena only in the QF, not in the 4th round.

And yes about level.. but one good set means nothing unfortunately.

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #487
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
It's a tough choice, 2 titles, the QF of Beijing and 2 big SFs... that was very good... but those slam results... please, no. I'm mad that she didn't win a title. She played a better tennis than last year and she was mentally stronger, the schedule was awful.
I'd pick 2010.

I'm not sure about level of play compared to last year.. she played a higher level during 1st set against Errani and Sam.. but lost both matches, so what's the point? The year as a whole, I'm not sure she played all that much better..

Its not even about not winning a title.. its not even making a single final!

Quote:
I hope that this will stay her game plan (1st set today), amazing controlled aggression, very nice balance, very powerful, but she didn't try to overhit. Amazing power and nice touch, it was a joy to watch.
Yes.. so beautiful.. The thing is... it seems she just can't keep it.. as if she surprises herself by playing that well, she isn't ready for it.. and then panics... rushes.. gets nervous. Not enough belief in herself.

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #488
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As if Ana could ever be MM GOAT by never playing them.
that's precisely the point, she doesn't want to be a mm goat. her schedule doesn't allow her to win minor titles because she only really wants major ones. i've accepted that even though i don't like it. it would be nice to see her win a title, of course, but knowing it's not what she really wants it doesn't matter. what matters is if she will be able to do something big at majors next season. that is the only thing to think about, really. grand slams and premier events plus the ranking. everything else is just a bonus. linz and bali titles were nothing more than that.

anyway, i won't argue about this.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #489
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd pick 2010.
I'm not sure about level of play compared to last year.. she played a higher level during 1st set against Errani and Sam.. but lost both matches, so what's the point? The year as a whole, I'm not sure she played all that much better..

Its not even about not winning a title.. its not even making a single final!
It's all very subjective, we completely disagree about her level of game if you think that she played only 2 good sets this year.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #490
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

This season HAS been Ana's best season since 2012, the most consistent one, did consistently well at Slams, reach her first ever USO QF and her first GS QF since 2008. Will finish as no. 12 or no. 13. No need to talk about that 2010, it was so patchy and, if you don't want to study the difference, just look at the two rankings and you see a big difference. Her biggest problem this year's been her fitness - that's why she consistently got injured when she had to play many matches in a row, many tournaments in a row. Then, the karma killed her in Beijing, she even got surprised in a non-day-by-day event. But, Ana still has the FC final, her biggest reach in FC ever so far, the biggest reach for her country ever so far and that's why this season is to be remembered. I'm sorry if you people not from Serbia don't realise it, but that means a lot to us and to Ana, as well. If our girls win that final, it will be pure gold. Anyway, that would be Ana's first title of the season and, guess what, that's her only but worth final she reached!
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #491
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
This season HAS been Ana's best season since 2012, the most consistent one, did consistently well at Slams, reach her first ever USO QF and her first GS QF since 2008. Will finish as no. 12 or no. 13. No need to talk about that 2010, it was so patchy and, if you don't want to study the difference, just look at the two rankings and you see a big difference. Her biggest problem this year's been her fitness - that's why she consistently got injured when she had to play many matches in a row, many tournaments in a row. Then, the karma killed her in Beijing, she even got surprised in a non-day-by-day event. But, Ana still has the FC final, her biggest reach in FC ever so far, the biggest reach for her country ever so far and that's why this season is to be remembered. I'm sorry if you people not from Serbia don't realise it, but that means a lot to us and to Ana, as well. If our girls win that final, it will be pure gold. Anyway, that would be Ana's first title of the season and, guess what, that's her only but worth final she reached!
You're right we've forgot that Ana reached 1 final maybe it's the most important final in her career because she'll play for her( our )country SERBIA, and if Ana and girls win it would be 1st trophy since 2011 and bigest since 2008. We will be with our girls to the end
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 01:25 PM   #492
country flag gaviotabr

Ana on facebook:

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic
Overall, it was an enjoyable end to the WTA season in Moscow. I was of course very frustrated to pick up an injury against Sam yesterday, but thankfully it doesn't seem serious. On the positive side, I played some very good tennis in the first two sets...just one more event left this year - the Fed Cup Final!!
She played very good tennis in the first set.. not in the second unfortunately.