Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 10 - Page 344 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM   #5146
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 10

Great to see her in a trophy presentation ceremony. I missed Seoul and it had been quite a while since the last time she was in one of them. She really spoiled us circa mid 2010/mid 2011.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM   #5147
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Bollocks! I see a third arm sticking out of her chest right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Yup. I heard spasibo (spelling?), she is semi-fluent.
Ok, I'm impressed now
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM   #5148
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Bollocks! I see a third arm sticking out of her chest right now!
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:47 AM   #5149
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
Ok, I'm impressed now
With me or her?

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM   #5150
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Might be a bit premature but : now win Sofia, please.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:52 AM   #5151
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Caro wins 6-2, 4-6, 7-5 in 2h14m and wins her first Premier level titel in 14 months and her 20th title overall!
In set 1 Stosur was bad, in set 2 they were both pretty bad but set 3 had a lot of good tennis. I think most of us thought Caro was going to lose when she went down 0-2 in the decider, losing the 5th of her last 6 serve games. But Caro showed some of her old fighting spirit, picked herself up and got back in the match. Stosur had a good streak from 4-3 in set 2 to 1-3 in set 3 but then she was up and down again. She has a deadly game when she's on but she also showed today why she's 3-12 in finals: nerves.
Caro dared to go for her shots today, not on every point but often enough to be dangerous. She served 75% with 0 aces and 0 DFs! I hope it's because of the special surface and she'll get back to a more bity serve next tournament. She was pretty good at the net in set 1 but at some point she lost the confidence to go forward and tried to finish the points from the backcourt. She was just sharp enough for it to work today but if she's to get back in the top 5 next year, she'll need a confident net game.

Last year Caro finished #1, this year she'll finish #10 or so. But I actually feel more optimistic about her future than I did at this point last year. Caro was in freefall then, going down and just hadn't lost her #1 ranking yet. Now she's ranked lower but she's heading in the right direction, up, both in her game and in the rankings. I feel better about 2013 than I did about 2012.

NB: I've attached both the match stats and the funny scoreline where the editor had given Stosur an extra game
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moskva12Ffull.jpg (42.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Fejl.jpg (67.7 KB, 10 views)
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:54 AM   #5152
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all

A quick impression: I think she's got a bit of the old spark back. She won this because she stayed with it. Hope it's a permanent return of ignition
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM   #5153
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

20th tittle to close the thread

New thread HERE
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM   #5154
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Code:
Break Points Won: 

vs Stosur 	 8/12
vs Arvidsson	10/17
vs Cibulkova	 8/12
vs Radwanska 	 6/9

32/50 (0.64)
impressive
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 12:00 PM   #5155
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
Code:
Break Points Won: 

vs Stosur 	 8/12
vs Arvidsson	10/17
vs Cibulkova	 8/12
vs Radwanska 	 6/9

32/50 (0.64)
impressive
Indeed. I often bellyache about her inability to break but she did quite well.

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 12:40 PM   #5156
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Lucky sods who saw the trophy presentation. Eurosport cut away. But yes, Caro can speak some Russian, it's not that far remove from Russian. I'm gathering my thoughts for a racquet reaction. But it was great to see Caro finally hitting her forehand like she does in practise for a whole match. It took time, but Chris Bradnam actually said twice "And the forehand down the line once again to the rescue for Wozniacki." Now will "you" believe me?
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 12:58 PM   #5157
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
Lucky sods who saw the trophy presentation. Eurosport cut away. But yes, Caro can speak some Russian, it's not that far remove from Russian. I'm gathering my thoughts for a racquet reaction. But it was great to see Caro finally hitting her forehand like she does in practise for a whole match. It took time, but Chris Bradnam actually said twice "And the forehand down the line once again to the rescue for Wozniacki." Now will "you" believe me?
No.

If she can be consistent with it I will seriously consider believing you.

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 01:02 PM   #5158
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
No.

If she can be consistent with it I will seriously consider believing you.
But you know now she does have it. Consistency is just a question of archiving it in muscle memory.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 01:04 PM   #5159
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Love hold, 6-5. I hope Caro breaks now, I think SS will have the advantage in TB because of her serve.
It's kind of funny but Stosur actually has a worse record in tiebreaks this year than Caro. Caro is 10-8 (56%) and Stosur 9-13 (41%) after Moscow.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 01:05 PM   #5160
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
But you know now she does have it. Consistency is just a question of archiving it in muscle memory.
Hmm, maybe but I don't think it is quite that easy. I will be delighted if she proves me wrong.

Closed Thread