Simona Halep (România) - Page 177 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #2641
country flag Falcon7x

Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice
Re: Simona Halep (România)

I don´t think she needs to improve her fitness, it is not all about improving her fitness, the other day she played a 3 hours match. I think she is fit enough. Maybe now she has to improve her arm and her accurate in some hits, like someone in the match against Petrova where she make some mistakes trying to hit near the lines with almost all the court for her and she failed or she do not pass the net, or some games where she make the points too longs innecesarily and finally she failed, she trys to play in hard courts like she plays in clay courts. She is injured too many times this year because she focus her game in fitness and run ad run and chase the ball.
Falcon7x is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #2642
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

But the defensive assets are actually the ones that brought her those results and it will be the strength she needs to rely on in the future.

She simply must become fitter and stronger for the demanding, defensive based game she wants and needs to play against most opponents. Period.

She will never be the biggest hitter or volleyer, her height is already a big hurdle for that, although beefing up some of her shots won't do her damage.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Oct 18th, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #2643
country flag Falcon7x

Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice

I think she plays a defensive stile in part because she doesnt feel confident with her accurate that´s why I say what I am saying. Anybody knows if was she injured today?.
Falcon7x is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #2644
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

She had her knees taped against Petrova already.

Still, she is injured 6 months a year, far too much.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #2645
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Her forehand is not very accurate as you said before. Open field and she hits out.
The 2nd and 3rd set vs Cibulkova at Brussells were the best I have seen from her this year.
She was really hitting winners that time.

Btw
If you are not too upset after Simona's recent performance you can vote her with some points.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=469120
soimu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #2646
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Awful loss to Vesna, Simo

I hope she really makes a strong start at the AO next year...thankfully she has nothing major to defend at the slams this year, so she should capitalize on that!

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #2647
country flag Bonk

Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of

Bonk is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 07:47 AM   #2648
country flag Bonk

Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of Bonk has much to be proud of

Old Dec 24th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #2649
country flag Bonk

2012 US Open

Old Dec 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #2650
country flag Bonk

2011 US Open

Old Dec 24th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #2651
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk View Post
soimu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #2652
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if she'll get a good draw at the AO this year....mind you, she had a great one last year and ended up losing to a qualifier.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #2653
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Simon had an up-and-down year in 2012, but it was still her best year yet on tour, ending it in the Top 50.

2012 47
2011 53

The question is-- what is her greatest potential?

Here is her Auckland draw:

(1)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) v Kristina Mladenovic (FRA)
Simona Halep (ROU) v Arantxa Rus (NED)
(wc)Eugenie Bouchard (CAN) v Elena Vesnina (RUS)
Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino (ESP) v (6)Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)

Her opening round is doable, as she's never lost a set to Arantxa in the three times they've played as pros. She has no points to defend this week, so one win would be good.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaPalyuchenkovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #2654
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #2655
country flag Curcubeu

She is very good freinds with Arantxa. They know themselves back from the juniors and yes, Rus is the perfect match-up for Simona to start this year.

R2 yeah...