PSY - Gangnam Style (South Korean smash single) - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #106
country flag Slammer7
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!

Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PSY - Gangnam Style (South Korean smash single)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Well a fit guy like Rain can be found anywhere in the US. Psy become famous, one factor is that he is not like your typical popstar. but mainly he got discovered and raved due to the song with the riding horse dance.
It was mainly an excuse to post sexy, oiled up, shirtless Rain gifs.

But........

Rain is a sex symbol, they don't just grow on trees. Sexiness/fitness and charisma along with singing talent and an amazing stage presence are special things and Rain has all of them. The thing I've had a problem with for the longest time about the U.S music industry is that talented singers and performers who don't fit the demographics almost never get a chance. Quite a few K-Pop stars are actually Americans. They get discovered then shipped to Korea or Japan to make it big. It's just nuts, the record companies think they can't sell them to a U.S market so they ship them off to Asia where they learn the language a bit and how to sing in it phonetically. It used to be the same with Latin and Hispanic Americans too many years ago. Only in the last couple of decades has that changed. I can't wait for the day when an Asian American artist can get a break in their home country first if that's where they want to be and then branch out into the Asian markets as well.

As far as PSY goes, the song is super catchy, has a chorus that is easy to sing and has some English in it too and the video is hilarious. Gangnam Style was also helped by the fact that K-Pop is an emerging genre that has been picking up steam for a while. So when Gangnam Style hit YouTube people spread the word, YouTube featured it and it grew from there. A lot of people who are dissatisfied with the current state of Pop have discovered K-Pop and love the singing, the dancing and the overall presence of many K-Pop artists. PSY also isn't a 'flower boy' or a pretty boy which in Korea isn't an asset, but in the West it kind of is. I loved the song the first time I heard it and saw the video and I'm glad that America and the West has taken notice. I really hope it's not a Korean Macarena because there are so many great K-Pop and Indie and even Trot stars that deserve to be noticed and appreciated on the world stage. I understand that cultural differences will keep most from making the cross over, but if just 1% of them get a chance on an international stage that would be great for music in general and the Korean and hopefully by extension Japanese music industry as well.
Isn't Mary Carillo a dried up, bitter, menopausal, frustrated harpy.....?
Slammer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #107
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

GS beats the shit out of Macarena...please stop the comparisons
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #108
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Rain's got a great body but a lot of young Seoulites really look after themselves so he's not really that special. His face is quite plain too, he's attractive but not all that striking. I think Tae-yang from Big Bang and Taecyeon from 2PM are way more attractive. Also you'd probably find a couple of guys on each and every subway car who'd be more attractive than Rain...well, on certain lines, anyway! Although, Taecyeon is one of those people you mentioned that are shipped from (or back to, in his case) SK from abroad.

Plus, Rain's got that wonky eye that he tries to hide!

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #109
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammer7 View Post
The parody with Hyuna is painful though. The video is epic, but even without it the song gets stuck in your head and it's easy to sing, both the English parts and a good deal of the Korean. You can never go wrong with some saranghae.
Almost 100 million views It sucks that they made her do that stupid voice , I like her bubble pop better

And about Korean entertainment, I think shows like Strong Heart, Star King, the music shows, some drama's and we got married is great .

MBLAQ Lee Joon is on we got married now and he is hotter than Rain, saw a clip on youtube of him poledancing, wowah.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei

Last edited by GoofyDuck : Oct 18th, 2012 at 07:31 AM.
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #110
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

481,421,170 views so far.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #111
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Read that his album flops.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #112
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
There's much better K-pop around

Can't stand this one getting so much attention
Pov will put an end to it once he catches wind.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #113
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

I am late to the party but I think it's goofy fun.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #114
Richie's

Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute Richie's has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw this video but the US Navy edition! Epic

Richie's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #115
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

3 weeks at #2 in the US It looks like Maroon 5 will keep it from ever hitting #1 in the US
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #116
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #117
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #118
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Pov will put an end to it once he catches wind.
Seriously I'm sorry that I broke your heart but I hope you'll seek some help in getting over your obsession with me. The fact that you see nothing wrong with making up stupid and blatant lies just to mess with me is concerning.

As I mentioned to someone else, the most recent case of a kid offing themselves because of cyber-harassment made me decide to no longer see it as amusing. And in that thread, at least the poster was attacking me about something that is my opinion. You've gone beyond that. The first step will be to report you on here.
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #119
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SARITA View Post
Hilarious!
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:06 PM   #120
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Psy was a draft dodger, used illegal drugs, a notorious plagiarist..

The world really is not fair.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote