Silvia Njiric - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #391
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Silvia Njiric

great job silvia
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #392
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Thunderous!

Three weeks ago she was 618; with this she'll be ~480
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 03:41 AM   #393
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Silvia lost. The streak is over

Last edited by networthy : Apr 18th, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #394
country flag networthy

Some consolation for Silvia this week, she won the doubles title:

Petra KREJSOVA (CZE) / Silvia NJIRIC (CRO) [1] 6-7(7) 6-3 [10-6] Dana MACHALKOVA (CZE) / Tereza MALIKOVA (CZE)

It's her first doubles title since last August.

Funny that two weeks ago and last week she won the singles titles but not the doubles. This week it's the opposite.
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #395
country flag networthy

An interesting four weeks for Silvia. After winning the singles title at both Heraklion I and II, she lost in R1 at Heraklion III and at Rethymno

In doubles, she lost in the QF at Heraklion I and II but then won the title at Heraklion III and at Rethymno.
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #396
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Silvia qualified for 25k in Casablanca this week. In last qualifying round she beat 531st player in the world (but career high - 249th) - Teodora Mircic 4-6 6-1 7-5! Her round 1 opponent is Giula Gatto-Monticone - 290th player in the world (career high 231st in 7th month last year). It will be interesting to see this match, if Silvia made one more step further!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #397
country flag networthy

^ Silvia won in doubles: Danka KOVINIC (MNE) / Silvia NJIRIC (CRO) 6-2 6-0 Robyn BEDDOW (GBR) / Zineb RAJIB (MAR)

It's her 8th doubles match win in a row, after winning two $10K titles.
Old May 17th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #398
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
^ Silvia won in doubles: Danka KOVINIC (MNE) / Silvia NJIRIC (CRO) 6-2 6-0 Robyn BEDDOW (GBR) / Zineb RAJIB (MAR)

It's her 8th doubles match win in a row, after winning two $10K titles.

Make that 9 in a row:

$25K Casablanca doubles QF:

Danka KOVINIC (MNE) / Silvia NJIRIC (CRO) def. Andrea GAMIZ (VEN) / Despina PAPAMICHAIL (GRE) [4] 6-3 4-6 [10-8]

In the SF they play the #2 seeds, Elena BOGDAN (ROU) / Raluca OLARU (ROU). Good luck!
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #399
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of

Any ideas why she hasn't really had a breakthrough yet? I know she doesn't really have a big weapon but she has a really nice game.
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #400
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutuzova View Post
Any ideas why she hasn't really had a breakthrough yet? I know she doesn't really have a big weapon but she has a really nice game.
Never mind a breakthrough. What Silvia needs most right now--desperately--is just one win: she has lost her last eight singles matches

Worse, most of those losses have been to players outside the top 500, and half those losses have been to unranked players or players outside the top 1000

But, yes, the question remains why she has stalled so badly after being a top-10 (almost top-5) junior
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #401
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Probably doesn't practicing enough.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #402
country flag networthy

Silvia won a match

In Dubrovnik R1 (as the #3 seed), she beat Malikova (#640) 2 and 3.

Silvia must be absolutely thrilled with this win. She had lost her last eight singles matches, and this avenges her tough loss to Malikova herself just last week.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #403
country flag networthy

^ That said, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Silvia lose her next match, to Leykina.

I keep believing that at some point Silvia will adjust to life in the pros and fulfill the promise she showed in juniors. But there's no telling when that will be.

I thought the turn-around would come in April, when she won two $10Ks in a row. But she slumped very badly immediately after that. Since then and until today, her W-L record in MD matches, if I'm counting correctly, was 3-13
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #404
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
^ That said, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Silvia lose her next match, to Leykina.
Sure enough, Silvia lost (4 and 3)
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #405
country flag networthy

Silvia has reached what looks like a new career-low. Today in R1 at $10K Heraklion she was destroyed 61 61 by an unranked 14-yo.

She must be having severe mental/confidence problems. How much longer until she gets so discouraged that she gives up? It's very sad to watch her pro career unfold, after she reached top 10 in juniors (almost top 5)