2012-13 NFL Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #1
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute
2012-13 NFL Thread

JR advised me to open this thread about a month ago, I've been busy doing other things but never for the life of me did I think that we'd be 3 weeks into the season and nobody else would open it
Hopefully some lively discussions soon just like previous seasons.

Those 3 weeks in a nutshell - parity. 20 out of 32 teams were 1-1 before this weekend (most this millenium), only 3 undefeated teams left after this week.
No QBs on 45 TD and 5000+ yards pace (well, maybe Eli with that 510 yd showing last week, but he's not likely to keep it up).

Some brief notes:
  • Atlanta have been the best team so far for my money, but not by a lot.
  • Arizona got a shocking but very flooky win at NE last week, but they still haven't got a decent QB since Warner retired and I don't think their D is good enough to carry them for the entire season (and their schedule for the second half is not easy). Despite the 3-0, I won't be surprised if they (again) won't make the playoffs.
  • San Fran look solid overall even taking into account the loss yesterday, and should once more take that pitiful division with ease.
  • The champs also picking up steam. As said Eli, bar the first half vs Tampa, is doing work.
  • Their rivals across town got a body blow yesterday with Revis done for the season with a torn ACL. It probably won't matter much which of their overhyped playcallers is going to start over the next few games.
  • Some powerhouses such as the Pats and the Steelers got off to a slow start, with some games that they had no business losing, but I'd be shocked if they're not a factor in January as always.
  • Philly's "Dreamteam" who missed the playoff last year were very lucky to start the season 2-0 despite a horde of turnovers. Vick is playing bad, but he had little protection last year and it got even worse. If they continue to play like that Reid won't be coaching them next year.
  • Out of the much anticipated draft choices, RG3 had outshone Luck to that point, but his D is letting him down. As noted by the ESPN crew, not once last year did the Redskins get to 30 points. They are averaging 33 this year (top of the league) yet they're only 1-2.
  • The Saints were always going to struggle without their head coach (and his interim), and it's not like they had much of a defence last year, but I didn't expect such a dropoff from Brees. I wonder if it's all Payton, or did his holdout affect his preparation for the season.

I'll edit this OP to give links to off-season threads and news.

Last edited by Archer16 : Sep 25th, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #2
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012-13 NFL Thread

And on purpose in a separate post: the replacement refs had been awful and embarrassing for the most part, blowing calls all over the place and not knowing half the rules, but what happened tonight in MNF was way beyond just bad officiating.
I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, but that, all along the 4th quarter up to the unbelievable call on the final play, was a fix if I've ever saw one.
It's not just that this crew should never see any football field. There can't be any other explanation other than they were handed some $$$ so that the home team wins, and if so they should go to jail. We had one such corrupted ref (was it just one?) in the NBA not too long ago.
Goodell really like investigating players and teams actions. Well I hope he takes a good look at tonight's events and draw the right conclusions.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #3
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

On the other controversial night game ending of Week 3, Belichick was clearly wrong, as Justin Tucker's game winning FG for the Ray-vens was clearly good. (See around 1:30 in the Youtube).

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #4
country flag The Prophet

The Prophet has disabled reputation

A share of 1st place, a decisive win over the "best team in the NFL" 49ers...the Vikings are back, baby.
The Prophet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #5
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
On the other controversial night game ending of Week 3, Belichick was clearly wrong, as Justin Tucker's game winning FG for the Ray-vens was clearly good. (See around 1:30 in the Youtube).
I'm pretty sure that wasn't Belichick was upset about. No . that ain't so. I hope that wasn't it. There was a call a couple plays before that was way incorrect. I forget exactly what it was but at the time it happened I knew it would cost the Pats the game.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #6
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Other than the Pats, my interests this season are Peyton Manning, RGIII, Luck and on a lesser level Cam Newton.
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #7
country flag The Prophet

The Prophet has disabled reputation

The Prophet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #8
country flag Archer16

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
Yes, if the rule is that a kick over the upright is good then it was. If they were a a little longer I think the ball would hit it and wouldn't go in, just sayin'.

Surely you can say something about the MNF scandal...
Rodgers' response and some tweets (just picked a news site randomly):
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UGOt4a7bLmc
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UGOwy67bLmc

Pack guard T.J. Lang tweets in particular broke some retweeting records:
"Got f***ed by the refs.. Embarrassing. Thanks nfl," Lang first fired off. Then, shortly after, the offensive lineman followed up with, "F*** it NFL.. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs."
And finally: "Any player/coach in Seattle that really thinks they won that game has zero integrity as a man and should be embarrassed".

I don't know if the income from Lang's fine is the deal maker but it seems that finally even Goodell and company have had enough from the Div III refs and a deal with the real ones to come back this Sunday is very close.
Of course they didn't have the balls to change the outcome of the game, probably fearing making a precedent.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #9
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post

Of course they didn't have the balls to change the outcome of the game, probably fearing making a precedent.
Reminds me of how baseball commissioner Bud Selig didn't a couple of years ago, on a "safe" call that the umpire admitted he blew on the final out, denying Armando Gallaraga of the Colorado Rockies a perfect game.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #10
country flag NyCPsU

NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute

Being a Jets fan is like a form of self torture. Its a complete fluke that we are 2-1 and I wouldnt be shocked for us to end up 2-14. A long, painful spiral begins now.

*Stephens*Hampton*Riske*Dulgheru*

*Anyone playing Wickmayer*
NyCPsU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #11
country flag Archer16

Well, the Jets did win another game today.
The real "Matty Ice" of league leaders Falcons is the kicker Bryant. That guy is so money.
And the Ravens nearly pulled today a choke for the ages against the Cowboys of all teams, but Dallas will be Dallas and they handed it back with the renowned "we're into FG range" (a.k.a. "coaching scared") and missed a potential winning kick from 51.
I wonder what would Bruce say, but Flacco really have very little to do with it and it was they usually great D who gave up 200+ rush yards (team record) for the second week running (double meaning intended).
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #12
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

FINAL | MIA 17 STL 14

Stat Leaders:
QB Ryan Tannehill: 21-of-29 for 185 yards, 2 TD
WR Marlon Moore: 3 REC, 46 yards, 1 TD
DE Olivier Vernon: 4 TACKLES, 2 SACKS
WR: Davone Bess: 6 REC, 42 yards
]
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #13
country flag *JR*

Ooh, I loved the Seabirds snatching Belichick's wig with that amazing late 4th Quarter comeback yesterday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

And the Niners' "new Montana" Alex Smith did his best Joe Flacco imitation with bad INT's as they got stomped by the G-Men.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201210...ghts&tab=recap
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #14
country flag NyCPsU

NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday was an amazing day in the NFL. The Jets showed up finally. New England gets a loss they pretty much did to themselves. All teams in AFC East 3-3 I fear for the Jets next week in Gillete because the Patriots will be looking for blood.

*Stephens*Hampton*Riske*Dulgheru*

*Anyone playing Wickmayer*
NyCPsU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #15
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

I love sitting around with beers on hand and watching the redzone all day! Wish I knew more gay guys that followed football, sadly I don't... I've been a Dolphin fan since I was a tiny tyke- back in 88. I honestly didn't follow much outside of my division AFC East, but since I started playing Fantasy Football I now enjoy the sport on a whole other level.

That Dallas game was crazy..,I'm not at all a fan but could imagine the heartache Cowboy fans felt with that game..lol
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote