Anett Kontaveit - Page 87 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #1291
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

She hasn't probably recovered from the intensive trainings, needs to get used to it. Don't really get the logic behind playing here anyway, I mean - losing early in a weak 25k - what to do next? Yes, let's play a 600k

Oh well, it can be counted as 'experience' I guess.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #1292
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
She hasn't probably recovered from the intensive trainings, needs to get used to it. Don't really get the logic behind playing here anyway, I mean - losing early in a weak 25k - what to do next? Yes, let's play a 600k

Oh well, it can be counted as 'experience' I guess.
This was actually not that difficult though, which is what's disappointing
Hopefully she does better in Minsk and Helsinki
2 losses in a row to the lesser Kichenok
The thing that I don't get is that sevdid better in Yoshkar-Ola, even if she is tired from this training
Anyway, next tournament
I think that they should have started intense training after Moscow
I reall thought that he could qualify here after her training block

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #1293
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Says she will play Minsk and Helsinki, then stays at home for a couple of weeks and then off to Thailand to prepare for the next season. Also mentioned that before AO she might play a tournament in NZL starting at the very end of Dec or so. Does she mean Auckland WTA?

AO is going to be important for her, because that might be the last junior tournament. She wants to win of course after already having 2 semis and a final, but on the other hand she doesn't want to put too much pressure on herself.

Says she has had to turn down some local sponsorship (advertising) agreements due to lack of time.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #1294
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also mentioned that before AO she might play a tournament in NZL starting at the very end of Dec or so. Does she mean Auckland WTA?
Yes, if she makes the cut or gets a wild-card.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #1295
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yes, if she makes the cut or gets a wild-card.

Auckland is now sharing week with 2 tournaments so QD cut off should be lower. But still she will have to do well in Minsk and Helsinki if she wants to make it. I don't really expect them to give her a WC.
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #1296
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Says she will play Minsk and Helsinki, then stays at home for a couple of weeks and then off to Thailand to prepare for the next season. Also mentioned that before AO she might play a tournament in NZL starting at the very end of Dec or so. Does she mean Auckland WTA?

AO is going to be important for her, because that might be the last junior tournament. She wants to win of course after already having 2 semis and a final, but on the other hand she doesn't want to put too much pressure on herself.

Says she has had to turn down some local sponsorship (advertising) agreements due to lack of time.
Where is all this. I can't see any of it
Anyway, I think Anett will make QD. One year Dekmeijere made it and Shenzhen is supposedly 500K now
The one thing I like about Anett's scheduling is that despite her having a frustratingly low ranking, every tournament seems to have a purpose. then when she gets really low she goes and wins a 10K somewhere and brings her ranking back up. Every tournament she plays IMO will help her in the long run

She might get a Doubles WC with Emily
Emily was actually getting a lot of press attention after their win, having about 5 articles about her and they even mentioned that her partner went on to win the tournament At least she will get to see her good friend

It would be great to see Anett play some tournaments in Equatorial Asia, as she has had success there before and the fields are normally weaker than East-Asia

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #1297
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Where is all this. I can't see any of it
That's because to read a full article you
  1. have to have the paper version
  2. or pay for a daily ticket
  3. or need to have a paid subscription
  4. or you can read for free for 5 minutes (usually not sufficeient, since it takes time to find the article you're interested at)
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #1298
country flag muusa

Yeah. Unfortunately I cannot copy and paste it as this time I read it through a lousy Android app on a tablet. For those free 5 minutes I have also used Print screen in the past to quickly paste and save as images and then read later
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #1299
country flag chingching

Quote:
Yeah. Unfortunately I cannot copy and paste it as this time I read it through a lousy Android app on a tablet. For those free 5 minutes I have also used Print screen in the past to quickly paste and save as images and then read later
Ok
Anyway, thanks to muusa we know
I hope Anett can break through in Minsk, because it will be hard to in Helsinki and I want her pro ranking to go up at least 200 spots from last years Career end. I can't believe she hoped to be 200-300
Still, that 25K SF has to come sometime

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 06:07 AM   #1300
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Credits to to Alex (Arina's_fan)

Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #1301
country flag chingching

Quote:
Credits to to Alex (Arina's_fan)

I just watched some of it and even though Anett hit some bad errors, I think we really underrated Nadiya
Thanks Alex, BTW

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 05:14 AM   #1302
country flag muusa

Anett hasn't said anything about her loss on FB
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 05:55 AM   #1303
country flag chingching

Quote:
Anett hasn't said anything about her loss on FB
I know
I really hope that she can finally break through in Minsk/Helsinki because these losses can't be good for her confidence

Old Oct 19th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #1304
country flag muusa

Anett is currently 32nd alternate for Minsk. As it was only a 10k last year it is not so easy to predict the main draw cut-off. But there are a lot of 1st priorities on the list.
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #1305
country flag chingching

Quote:
Anett is currently 32nd alternate for Minsk. As it was only a 10k last year it is not so easy to predict the main draw cut-off. But there are a lot of 1st priorities on the list.
It was very strong a few years ago, so Anett will only be in Qualies I presume

BTW, the girl who beat Anett in Beijing, Yuxuan Zhang, just ebat Kai-Chen Chang and is one win away from getting an Australian Open WC. She also made QF at 100K Suzhou beating SaiSai Zheng. Maybe she isn't that bad She has been so GOAT since beating Anett, like every other player who has ever beaten her

EDIT: Yuxuan beat Qiang Wang 4 and 2 to make Australian Open MD
She is very very good as you will be able to see in the recorded stream . Huge serve and very consistent. I am not surprised she beat Anett

Last edited by chingching : Oct 21st, 2012 at 04:31 AM.