Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #61
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ?

Julia into Linz SF !

Strong play. Julia feels very comfortable in Linz. Hope she can reach the final. Flipkens is nothing special, everything depends on Julia. Love that Julia comes to the net so often in Linz - and successfully. Also impressed by her consistency and mental stability (coming back from 0-40 to win the game). Julia moves really well this week. Very important.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #62
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of

A really great win for Julia, coming back against a very, very uncomfortable opponent. I knew she deals much better than Ana with the slice, but after the first set, I thought I am just biased. Now kick the shit out of the queen of boringness WTA, Julia, I know you can do it
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #63
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
A really great win for Julia, coming back against a very, very uncomfortable opponent. I knew she deals much better than Ana with the slice, but after the first set, I thought I am just biased. Now kick the shit out of the queen of boringness WTA, Julia, I know you can do it
I really didn`t believe that she could turn this around.
The way she did it was just stunning. All credits to her for that.
Julia is on fire, I`m crazy enough to think that she has her chances also against Azarenka now.
Would be a nice side story that she would have beaten Sofia on her way to Sofia.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #64
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see it but judging from the scoreline it was a magnificent turnaround. I suppose nothing was working in the first set. Personally I think her chances against Azarenka are slim, but if she plays her best we know she will be dangerous.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #65
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Just bad luck that Azarenka actually decided to play Linz and not feel dizzy after a match or two.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #66
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Just bad luck that Azarenka actually decided to play Linz and not feel dizzy after a match or two.
Julia is the absolute underdog in this match without any doubt.
But I hope Julia has not your attitude to go into this match.
You were obviously negative... and wrong a few times the last days, so that gives additionally some hope that she will do the impossible tomorrow.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #67
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
Well thats it, finals woohoo. Congrats to Azarenka for her title she Will gain just before the championships. I Am excited to watch her in final in İstanbul, live! Anyways, julia has really improved herself in many ways idk why, maybe personal happiness?, but im really happy to see her winning.. I hope she remains playing this way in next season.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #68
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Now she has to play doubles after Azarenka is done with Begu, and if she wins tomorrow singles - ceremony - doubles? Quite a program.
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #69
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

good fight from Julia and another final for her

1st set was shit, maybe a bit too nervous, had problems with the gamestyle of Kirsten and made too many errors.
Flipkens on the other side played great, no UEs and great serving!
But u saw it before, Flipkens also can´t play like that for a whole match, serve got weaker and also more UEs while Julia played better obviously.
Flipkens herself cant do much on her bh side anyway, it´s just tough as her slice is tricky but Julia was able to handle it better in the end. Deserved victory, good playing Julia is just better than Flipkens and great end of the season for Julia!!

Azarenka now, a shame that she didnt decide to tank or decided to be injured or similar, I don´t wanna sound negative but I see no chance there, Azarenka doesn´t fit Julia at all but that´s ok, I just hope for a good match and some nice points and maybe Julia can surprise but I just don´t expect it
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #70
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of

Now, if only this could happen a lot tomorrow
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #71
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Now, if only this could happen a lot tomorrow
That would be nice. But the main key is the serve.

Azarenka's return is ridiculous by wta standards, but if you have a big serve- and Julia does- you can stop her from using her main weapon. Serena of course beats Azarenka this way, she beats all the girls this way. Most people struggle to do this against Vika but if you take into account the surface, indoor hard, it's a bit easier for Julia to serve, so if she serves out of her mind she can give Azarenka some trouble. If her serve is subpar in any way she may struggle to hold at all, like all of Vika's opponents so far this week (generally speaking they are broken in their first service game by her).
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #72
country flag Skoo

^ Yup, I was assuming that she would serve well. That's already a problem of the past
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #73
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

ViKa doesnt need this win, Julia does !!!

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles :

Dubai '14, Charleston '14
Madoka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #74
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Luxembourg

Roberta Vinci (Ita/1) - Olga Govortsova (Blr)
Kiki Bertens (Ned) - Mona Barthel (Ger)
Venus Williams (USA) - Belinda Bencic (Sui)
Mandy Minella (Lux) - Sabine Lisicki (Ger/5)

Jelena Jankovic (Srb/3) - Shuai Peng (Chn)
Andrea Petkovic (Ger) - Qualifier
Qualifier - Ksenia Pervak (Kaz)
Petra Martic (Cro) - Sorana Cirstea (Rou/6)

Carla Suarez Navarro (Esp/8) - Magdalena Rybarikova (Svk)
Qualifier - Lourdes Dominguez Lino (Esp)
Aranxta Rus (Ned) - Daniela Hantuchova (Svk)
Kirsten Flipkens (Bel) - Yanina Wickmayer (Bel/4)

Tamira Paszek (Aut/7) - Lucie Hradecka (Cze)
Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (Cze) - Qualifier
Monica Niculescu (Rou) - Romina Oprandi (Sui)
Silvia Soler-Espinosa (Esp) - Julia Goerges (Ger/2)
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #75
country flag KatjaS

Could have been worse.