Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012 (1 match and a withdrawal) - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #46
country flag Holdsworth

Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra Kvitova's YEC 2012

Kerber withdrew from Luxemburg.. May be Petra should ask a WC ??
Holdsworth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #47
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdsworth View Post
Kerber withdrew from Luxemburg.. May be Petra should ask a WC ??
If she does it would be massive fail, seriously another tournament just before YEC

btw, why she withdrew? injury? maybe she will skip YEC with Rena
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #48
country flag Holdsworth

Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
If she does it would be massive fail, seriously another tournament just before YEC

btw, why she withdrew? injury? maybe she will skip YEC with Rena
Minor foot injury..
Fail ?? I'm not sure Is Petra tired this autumn ? She needs a practice before YEC, i think.
Petra isn't playing in Linz only because Vika (top10) is over there
Holdsworth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #49
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdsworth View Post
Minor foot injury..
Fail ?? I'm not sure Is Petra tired this autumn ? She needs a practice before YEC, i think.
Petra isn't playing in Linz only because Vika (top10) is over there
I agree she needs prep event before YEC but just before YEC i'm not sure this is good idea, see how new haven - uso worked out, also i think it would threw off her actual preparation and work on errors if she does any. only if she can play thursday and friday there just to get feel for her game
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #50
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree she needs prep event before YEC but just before YEC i'm not sure this is good idea, see how new haven - uso worked out, also i think it would threw off her actual preparation and work on errors if she does any. only if she can play thursday and friday there just to get feel for her game
New Haven to US Open was a little different, cause Petra was going on 5 straight weeks of tennis--during the summer--if she had beat Bartoli.

This is a little different. Petra hasn't played much (as Holdworth noted), and she's had time off as well.

Luxemburg probably wouldn't bother her (because of those reasons). And Vika played Luxemberg last year, and still made the finals--playing Petra.

You would prefer the week off before. But it probably wouldn't make much difference in her case.

As far as "throwing off her practice": Petra actually left Kotyza home (she didn't even plan on going to Linz, and made up her mind at the last minute), and used Linz as a prep/practice venue for the YEC (and trust me, you could tell), till she worked her way into that brilliant all court game and won the tournament.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #51
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
New Haven to US Open was a little different, cause Petra was going on 5 straight weeks of tennis--during the summer--if she had beat Bartoli.

This is a little different. Petra hasn't played much (as Holdworth noted), and she's had time off as well.

Luxemburg probably wouldn't bother her (because of those reasons). And Vika played Luxemberg last year, and still made the finals--playing Petra.

You would prefer the week off before. But it probably wouldn't make much difference in her case.

As far as "throwing off her practice": Petra actually left Kotyza home (she didn't even plan on going to Linz, and made up her mind at the last minute), and used Linz as a prep/practice venue for the YEC (and trust me, you could tell), till she worked her way into that brilliant all court game and won the tournament.
what i get from her recent interviews, she is pumped and ready to work on her game, if Petra goes to Lux she may or may not get to level she needs but if she stays to practice she can get close to it and would remain positive because if she plays shaky in Lux this can be knock on her confidence, also i'm interested how Petra and her team would handle preparation for YEC without any events that would get her in rhythm

btw, in Montreal HuggyBear was absent also, so maybe she should ditch him at all and play without coach
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #52
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what i get from her recent interviews, she is pumped and ready to work on her game, if Petra goes to Lux she may or may not get to level she needs but if she stays to practice she can get close to it and would remain positive because if she plays shaky in Lux this can be knock on her confidence, also i'm interested how Petra and her team would handle preparation for YEC without any events that would get her in rhythm

btw, in Montreal HuggyBear was absent also, so maybe she should ditch him at all and play without coach
Interesting theory Shifty.

Not sure if you read everything I wrote. But last year--around this time--Petra hadn't won two matches in a row (except Tokyo) since Wimbledon.

Her game was shot. She was struggling and had no answers. Petra wanted to practice on her own (or what ever she planned to do) as well. She didn't plan to enter a tournament either. Just like what you're saying now.

It wasn't until the last minute (since she was the #2 ranked player--she had precedence), she decided to go to Linz--with out Kotyza to "work on my game and practice my shots", she said.

Remember, Petra doesn't have to learn how to slice, drop shot and volley. She already can. It's more a timing, feel--for the opponent--issue, under match conditions (especially against excellent opponents--or after she hasn't played in a while).

Petra practicing alone, with lower ranked female players, Katie the PR lady or Kotyza, may work somewhat. However, it's not going to replicate match conditions or competition, when she needs to.

Maybe the pre and post pubescent boys of Prostejov can?....But who knows (what we know about them, their ability, and experience)?

If Petra bombs out of Luxemberg, she can always go back and practice as you said. If Petra's practicing now, then she can try to perfect her timing at Luxemberg--rather than the YEC. That's the difference. Petra had already got her timing down on her all court game after Linz--once she entered the YEC last year. And she won.

Not saying history will repeat itself. But I'm not sure how you can argue, practicing alone is the better idea.

Yes it's true. Petra both practiced and performed simultaneously at the same tournament--Linz--with out her coach Kotyza (as Montreal and several other events).

Petra said she didn't plan to win: Just work on her game. And "Wha-la", she ended up winning (Linz, the YEC and Fed Cup).
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #53
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course/luckily, her Linz form carried into the YEC and Petra won the Damn thing--undefeated. Can Petra reacquire that form during practices with pre and post pubescent boys at Prostejov, or wherever she is? .......Don't know (as I SMH).

We'll see?
Ex,you're WAY out of line with all of these criticisms of Petra's team;they have an extremely efficient,well-run operation.In fact,I have video evidence of that as they enter the facility at the ITF 100K in Cleveland in 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdl6bYcSRkE
So THERE!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #54
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Luxembourg would be good because then she can play herself into form instead of losing in RR at the YECs. I feel like she's one of those players where unless she's on already she needs those easy warmup matches and there is no way she's getting those in Istanbul.
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #55
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Interesting theory Shifty.

Not sure if you read everything I wrote. But last year--around this time--Petra hadn't won two matches in a row (except Tokyo) since Wimbledon.

Her game was shot. She was struggling and had no answers. Petra wanted to practice on her own (or what ever she planned to do) as well. She didn't plan to enter a tournament either. Just like what you're saying now.

It wasn't until the last minute (since she was the #2 ranked player--she had precedence), she decided to go to Linz--with out Kotyza to "work on my game and practice my shots", she said.

Remember, Petra doesn't have to learn how to slice, drop shot and volley. She already can. It's more a timing, feel--for the opponent--issue, under match conditions (especially against excellent opponents--or after she hasn't played in a while).
I think it was just her gut feeling and frustration because of low level performance after slam win, this time it all can be different. We have to wait and see how stuff unfolds but i have confidence in Petra and hope she can make out of RR rounds and gets to semis.

Quote:
Petra practicing alone, with lower ranked female players, Katie the PR lady or Kotyza, may work somewhat. However, it's not going to replicate match conditions or competition, when she needs to.

Maybe the pre and post pubescent boys of Prostejov can?....But who knows (what we know about them, their ability, and experience)?
Petra practiced with Adam who was just low level men's mug and she wins Wimbledon than she stops practicing with men and her level goes downhill(omit YEC form), so maybe this way is better
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #56
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Is confirmed, Petra is not playing any warm ups before YEC, according to Katie Spellman!

@Spellman_Katie:
“@stephanie_her: @Spellman_Katie Hello Katie! Is Petra playing a warm up before YEC? thanks!” No, she is practicing indoors at home
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #57
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
I think it was just her gut feeling and frustration because of low level performance after slam win, this time it all can be different. We have to wait and see how stuff unfolds but i have confidence in Petra and hope she can make out of RR rounds and gets to semis.

Petra practiced with Adam who was just low level men's mug and she wins Wimbledon than she stops practicing with men and her level goes downhill(omit YEC form), so maybe this way is better
I'm glad you noticed.

I didn't want to keep beating a dead horse alone.

Sometimes you gotta wonder, what's Petra's team is thinking.

If something worked last year, why not replicate it this year? Even if you have to hire people per diem, part or full time. Why not? She made $5 million dollars in prize money alone last year. Like I said previously, "they don't act like a team with a player of Petra's caliber". I find it incredulous, that they weren't using a male hitting partner most of the year. SMH

On your first point about Petra--going into Linz last year. You're probably right (on Petra's feelings).

Adam was an ATP mug--for sure. But at least he was a top 20 junior male. How low ranked are these teeny boppers, before it impacts Petra's preparation (if she doesn't play Lux)?

You know how they always say "the 900 ranked male can beat the top ranked woman (I think Adam was 500-800 )"?

OK. How low are these young schmucks (and where you start to get diminishing returns)? But like you said. Back to the Juniors.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #58
country flag Excelscior

Oh, and PS Shifty: Adam was with Petra at Linz as well (you may or may not had been saying that in your previous post). He was even listed in her box as "coach" by Eurosport.

You could tell Jo Durie knew who he was and didn't want to touch it (cause she smiled and almost laughed when they showed him on Camera--listing him as Petra's "coach").
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #59
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
I'm glad you noticed.

I didn't want to keep beating a dead horse alone.

Sometimes you gotta wonder, what's Petra's team is thinking.

If something worked last year, why not replicate it this year? Even if you have to hire people per diem, part or full time. Why not? She made $5 million dollars in prize money alone last year. Like I said previously, "they don't act like a team with a player of Petra's caliber". I find it incredulous, that they weren't using a male hitting partner most of the year. SMH

You know how they always say "the 900 ranked male can beat the top ranked woman (I think Adam was 500-800 )"?

OK. How low are these young schmucks (and where you start to get diminishing returns)? But like you said. Back to the Juniors.
Petra said that Adam was hitting way too hard for her and they ditch him, i guess that's why they didn't hire anybody else but Kotyza should've know better that proper hitting partner cant tweak his shots but juniors can't and coach better coaching when watching player not when hitting with one because you can't properly evaluate stuff. Maybe now they find some kids that would hit with power that Petra needs

Quote:
Oh, and PS Shifty: Adam was with Petra at Linz as well (you may or may not had been saying that in your previous post). He was even listed in her box as "coach" by Eurosport.

You could tell Jo Durie knew who he was and didn't want to touch it (cause she smiled and almost laughed when they showed him on Camera--listing him as Petra's "coach").
I think he was there just as her boyfriend but maybe she hit with him few times, who knows
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #60
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
I don't know/never heard Petra mention he "hit too hard for her". I thought Adam left (Ahem), cause he had to concentrate on his upcoming Pro career.

We'll see how this (Junior Brigade) thing works in a few weeks? However, I continue to believe Petra's team this past year has been almost totally clueless.

They need a leader or someone to take charge. It almost seems like a rudderless ship--moving aimlessly. Every good idea, seems to be an afterthought (or after the fact).
It was in Czech press around Wimbledon, i don't remember just before or after it, She said that she stopped hitting with Adam cause she can't handle his power because he was hitting too hard for her or something like that. We need to ask Petronius maybe he remembers that article.

I think even Petra don't know in what direction she wants to move besides just simple winning and dominating, I'm waiting for this off season because it can be milestone in her career how they handle her sophomore slump and how they retool her team.