Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #31
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia`s season`s end 2012 - Linz and Luxembourg and ?

From the live score comments it sounds like Julia played very well for most of the match. Now comes, most likely, a very stern test in the form of Azarenka. Oops, Ivanovic.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #32
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Great play from Julia, especially till 61 20* 40-15
1st set was awesome, great winners, good serving, not many UEs, again those great net attacks + lovely bh volleys, no chance for Arvidsson there, who just doesnt have the weapons to beat Julia (had to hope for self destruction)

Anyway, after that Julia made a bit more mistakes, while Arvidsson played really solid, almost no UEs from her which made it really tough for Julia. So it could have been everything in 2nd set, 61 62 result was possible, also could have gone to a 3rd set easily but Julia never was too negative, kept fighting and saved many BPs, one break for Arvidsson but immediately broke back and served it out to love then!
Most important for me is that her body language is much better these days, even if she starts to make more UEs, she just has to keep fighting and I am impressed with her double handed backhand volleys this week, hope she continues like that in 2013!!

Anyway, Ivanovic is not in best shape, seems really tired and makes many mistakes and Flipkens is tricky but beatable, so Julia has chances to reach the final but it won´t be easy, she has to be 100% focused again and take her chances, but SF here is good already, she used her good draw but also played good tennis
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #33
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

There`s not much to complain about Julia`s performance today.
A good match from her in every aspect.
Netplay, tactics, attitude and fighting spirit, everything was pretty well.

If it should be Ana in the Sf she should show her that she`s not just better looking, but the better player.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #34

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
From the live score comments it sounds like Julia played very well for most of the match. Now comes, most likely, a very stern test in the form of Azarenka.
No, no, it`s Ivanovic first.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #35
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
1st set was awesome, great winners, good serving, not many UEs, again those great net attacks + lovely bh volleys, no chance for Arvidsson there, who just doesnt have the weapons to beat Julia (had to hope for self destruction)

Anyway, after that Julia made a bit more mistakes, while Arvidsson played really solid, almost no UEs from her which made it really tough for Julia. So it could have been everything in 2nd set, 61 62 result was possible, also could have gone to a 3rd set easily but Julia never was too negative, kept fighting and saved many BPs, one break for Arvidsson but immediately broke back and served it out to love then!
Most important for me is that her body language is much better these days, even if she starts to make more UEs, she just has to keep fighting and I am impressed with her double handed backhand volleys this week, hope she continues like that in 2013!!

Anyway, Ivanovic is not in best shape, seems really tired and makes many mistakes and Flipkens is tricky but beatable, so Julia has chances to reach the final but it won´t be easy, she has to be 100% focused again and take her chances, but SF here is good already, she used her good draw but also played good tennis
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #36
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
No, no, it`s Ivanovic first.
Or Flipkens
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #37
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

My mistake, just looked at the draw. Glamour brunette matchup .

Could be a quality match with great serving and hitting- or a question of who buries themselves in errors first. Just depends...

I would be really surprised (and a bit disappointed) if Ana lost to Flipkens.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #38

Quote:

I agree with the most of your comment.

Imo Arvidson played very well, stayed calm and was able to dictate most of the longer rallies when she got in control of the pace in the second set.
She was not just looking for Julia to destruct herself. She just has not the pace in her game as Julia has and needs longer to build up her game.
In the first set Julia played an absolut flawless match and she was without any chance.

Julia is a human being and not a machine, therefore it was pretty clear that she would let a little down at some point in the second set.
The more remarkable and new to me was that she was quick-witted enough to keep up her offensive and brave play and not let the set slip away.
Julia these days has found her "matchhead" back again.

Last edited by joy division : Oct 12th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #39
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

She played really well if she meets Ana that can be pretty match in terms of beauty

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #40
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
I agree with the most of your comment.

Imo Arvidson played very well, stayed calm and was able to dictate most of the longer rallies when she got in control of the pace in the second set.
She was not just looking for Julia to destruct herself. She just has not the pace in her game as Julia has and needs longer to build up her game.
In the first set Julia played an absolut flawless match and she was without any chance.
of course, just that she also needs UEs from an opponent like Julia to win.
Against players like Sofia Julia normally is able to take control of the rallies immediately after a good first serve or a good first fh after the return, which was possible today as Arvidsson also isn´t the best server.
Once u can hit to Julia´s backhand it´s tougher for Görges obviously but Arvidsson doesn´t have the biggest power, so Julia did well and was able to keep the ball in for most of the time. Biggest problem for Julia is when she tries to change the direction of the ball from cross court to down the line on her bh side, she misses then often but as I said, against opponents like Arvidsson that isn´t a bigger issue.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #41
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody know the schedule for tomorrow? I hope they give her some time between singles and doubles, i.e. match #1 and #4.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #42
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Nicht gemeckert, nur ich breche jetzt wegen ihres 9.Halbfinals (Bilanz dort 2:6) bei International Turnieren nicht in Jubelstürme aus. Schließlich hat sie so ein HF schon mit 18 Jahren erreichen können.
Es ist ja nicht allein die Tatsache, dass sie wieder ein HF erreicht hat, sondern die Art und Weise. Ich sehe seit Peking eine ganz andere Julia Görges auf dem Platz. Das, was sie seitdem gezeigt hat, war Top 10 Niveau mMn. Was nicht zu vergessen ist, ist, dass sie momentan den Druck Favoritin zu sein meistert. Wie oft hat sie dem nicht standhalten können, jetzt schon. Und wie. Als 18-Jährige Newcomerin hat man den noch nicht.

Lirum larum, sie wird nächstes Jahr was reißen bei einem GS, da bin ich mir sicher. Ob es bei den AO schon klappt, keine Ahnung. Aber bei einem wird sie durchstarten.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #43
country flag LightsOut!

LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute LightsOut! has a reputation beyond repute

Julchen
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
LightsOut! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #44
country flag Dispeker

Quote:
of course, just that she also needs UEs from an opponent like Julia to win.
Against players like Sofia Julia normally is able to take control of the rallies immediately after a good first serve or a good first fh after the return, which was possible today as Arvidsson also isn´t the best server.
Once u can hit to Julia´s backhand it´s tougher for Görges obviously but Arvidsson doesn´t have the biggest power, so Julia did well and was able to keep the ball in for most of the time. Biggest problem for Julia is when she tries to change the direction of the ball from cross court to down the line on her bh side, she misses then often but as I said, against opponents like Arvidsson that isn´t a bigger issue.
She served pretty well today though.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #45
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

A match that leaves open 2 big questions.
  1. Why she can't put away players like Arvidsson that easily more offen?

2. Why she can't win one of those damn MM titles?

Last edited by CillyUltra : Oct 12th, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote