Generali Ladies, Linz 2012 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #61
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Generali Ladies, Linz 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
Everyone was screaming "fire the coach" and "make some changes" and now are questioning why her father is not around.
Tbh ... I only started the "where's her daddy?" discussian to see if the reaction would be as usual and I had much fun to get the affirmation... same crappy comments as usual...since some weeks/months (don't remember) I stopped reading the opportunistic posts in TF / found a better place to exchange views with real fans. It's really getting annoying...

Quote:
She owes us nothing, so if you feel cheated by her, then I think it best to find another player to support.
If "they" only could...it would be a better place here but obsession pays off and sometimes (too much) love flashs to anger
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #62
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
JohnMcP,

You're right, she's always had a very close, precious relationship with her parents
However, her dad won an award for coach of the year in 2011, so I don't believe Sabine will have dumped him, that's just not her.
Her mum was in Linz, but no sign of dad at all. That seems strange to me, that he wasn't even there with them
exactly my thoughts, i welcome the change, but it seems strange that he isn't around at least.

John, you should read carefully whats been said, mainly some analysed her match, sure there always is some kind of desperation and maybe a bit of anger, but thats not meant to harm at all.
Others are always holding her hand over her and say it's not that bad, it will all come back eventually.
Both ways are legit, but none is better than the other.

Only one thing is clear, everyone who follows her carrer for longer than a year, has seen by now that she is at her alltime low, her game and especially her mental condition is alarming, so don't blame the ones who point this out, because we are all very worried right now.

The match is on Youtube btw. and scrolling through it literaly hurts, she lost her sparkle out there

We need a Lisicki wonder in Luxemburg, a big one !!!

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic, Svitolina, Kuznetsova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #63
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

I agree that many off the comments were merely a show of frustration and no one can be a fan of Sabine's without being frustrated at the moment. My only concern is with the comments that aim this frustration directly at Sabine in a mean-spirited manner. I have refrained from criticizing anyone individually because I realize many if not most of the posters here are using a second language and it is best to give people the benefit of the doubt about what they are saying. (I think most of the bickering between posters in this subforum have resulted from simple misunderstanding which is only magnified by such use of language). Not only from the comments following yesterday's loss but it seems over and over again, people seem surprised by Sabine's performance and personally angry at her. If this was not meant by an individual's comments then I am not directing my commments at you and I apologize if they were construed in that way.

Although yesterday's loss was a head-scratcher of all head-scratchers, I must respectfully disagree that this is the low point of her career. In 2010 she missed five months and there was serious concern over whether she would even play again. I remember feeling relief later in the year merely that she was back on the court. Her ranking plummetted and continued to plummet in early 2011 when she FAILED TO QUALIFY for the Australian Open. I think in many ways this was the low point of her careet as her ranking went down to 218. Therefore, I cannot understand all the handwringing at the moment that she might not be seeded at the 2013 Australian Open. She rebounded in 2011 and I feel she can do so again.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #64
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Yes thats what i meant, the frustration is huge at the moment.
But a few clearly only want to provoke, being all nice here, destroying her elswhere and putting hate on the ones that criticise her mostly constructive here .

In Ranking ways she was much worse, thats right, but the last match was a low point Tennis wise, even after her huge injury she played much better than this. 2010/11 ITF Sabine would have trashed Achleitner IMO.

we will see if she can bounce back 2013, this year is over. A win in Luxemburg seems impossible at the moment, but at least sometimes she can surprise like no other.
Seeing how Petkovic is getting better each match at the moment after a really big injury shows that Sabine has somewhat taken steps backwards instead of forward the whole year and thats the main thing that's alarming. It sounds easy, she will play better in 2013 and get back up, but you can get stuck on the way and never get back, happened so often to great players
This is what many of us fear, especially the ones who were along the ride last time she had to come back from nowhere !

The best we can hope for is a win in Luxemburg and a jumpstart in 2013 after getting her game back in the offseason.
New coach is there, if he stays, so far too early to judge Mr. Peschke's work, we will see if he can help her, especially mentaly and regarding her gameplan.

Hopefully this time next year we can laugh about this slump and everything is alright

GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic, Svitolina, Kuznetsova
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #65
country flag wagner1912

wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light

She has always had ups and downs in his career and I think his real frustration is its irregularity and the inability to play several tournaments in a row and on the same level. With Azarenka had taken a good step, but yesterday stepped back ten steps and then always returns to the same.
Must be something tiring because you can not get foothold
The clear example is when she is good and even taking several errors can win and when the opposite is impossible for her to return.
I think she really needs tranquility above all, be healthy, play and have fun as it usually does and that everything good exceeds the bad that may happen... and from there find equilibrium

This good that each of their views always with respect

We do not Have the Solution, You Just Have to Encourage and support!
wagner1912 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #66
country flag Ziva

Those Tweets some assholes send to Sabine

Hopefully she takes a long Twitter break and doesn't read this Bullshit

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #67
country flag jasonwright25

jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
Those Tweets some assholes send to Sabine

Hopefully she takes a long Twitter break and doesn't read this Bullshit
There are jackasses all over the world. Hopefully she'll just grow some thick skin and realize that sometimes people are just stupid.
jasonwright25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #68
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

A thick skin is always easier when things are going well, if you're in an emotional low, your defences are down as well.

I remember when Jarmila Gajdosova's marriage failed and her form slumped, she received some horrible tweets and abandoned twitter for some time afterwards.

I really hope Sabine is not getting tweets as bad as they were, I don't want to know what was said either, any attention only encourages these assholes.

Ziva, you say "sure there always is some kind of desperation and maybe a bit of anger, but thats not meant to harm at all," but is that how things are dealt with successfully in real life?

Do you attack a family member or friend out of frustration and anger, only knowing some of the situation? How does that approach work? Are they supposed to sense there's no harm intended when all
they hear is anger and frustration? Maybe your world is different, but in mine, nothing positive is ever achieved by doing that.

The internet is different of course, people say things here that would never be said face to face. Who would, if they had the chance to see Sabine in the locker room after this last match, with the same dejected look on her face she walked off with, or worse, actually repeat the "frustrated and angry" comments that have been written here? If delivered effectively, maybe you could make her cry.

I may have a more positive view than some here and that extends to all things. I've learned that it's a better way to live. I used to be more negative, "realistic" would be what I'd like to call it, but I met some cancer sufferers a while back, and they talked very strongly about their need to keep a positive outlook, as negativity can have physical implications. It left a lasting impression on me, because they were fighting for their lives and were so determined not to let that get them down, it made any problems I had seem trivial in comparison.

So much of how we look at things is shaped by perspective and outlook, you can put a positive or negative spin on most things if you set your mind to it. I choose the positive, which doesn't mean I'm weak or blind, it's just how I try to deal with things now. I try not to worry about things I have absolutely no control over, because ultimately it's pointless and doesn't do me any good. I don't think anything good gets built on a mountain of negativity.
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #69
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Exactly -- there is nothing weak about having a positive attitude in the face of adversity. Maybe we need to learn from Sabine herself. Just look on Youtube at her long interview with Tracy from Wilson which if I remeber correctly was taken the day after she failed to qualify at the Australian in 2011. If not the low point of her career, it was certainly one of the low points -- yet Sabine was as sweet and positive as ever. Some may see this as a sign that she could have cared less about failing to qualify and that she needed a kick in the rear. But I'm sure it was a painful experience for her and the interview shows her ability to remain positive even in the worst of times. I think this ability was instrumental in her comeback in 2011.

I watched yesterday's match on Youtube, and it appears to me that she was sick from the very beginning. She appeared pale and lacked adrenaline throughout the match except at the very beginning and the end. She continued to try drop shots which were ridiculous even for her, especially since not a single one worked. For whatever reason, she felt she had to end the points quickly. I don't know for sure if she was sick, but as Jetglo said, it is pointless to direct anger at Sabine when we don't have the full story. If Sabine needs a kick in the pants, it is certainly not for us to do so.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 07:08 AM   #70
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

There was a toilet break which isn't usually seen after one set, especially one over as quick as that. She didn't seem herself for sure. I haven't managed to watch the Kerber Wimbledon match again, so this one may take me a while too.

I think she's being professional in the Wilson YouTube as they would expect her to be. Also, pro players learn how to put yesterdays loss behind them quickly. They don't have the luxury of dwelling upon things for days or weeks, the tour is relentless. Apart from an analysis of where things went wrong, time spent constantly replaying a match in your mind and endlessly torturing yourself with the result is time wasted today on a yesterday that will never change.

The future waits to be defined and that's what needs to be focused on and taken advantage of. A positive attitude and a short memory when it comes to failures can only help in that regard. Other players will be doing their best to psych you out, you don't want to be doing that job for them.
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #71
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

Where did you guys hear about her receiving nasty tweets?

I'm afraid that comes with being famous these days, you have to accept the world is full of idiots and when they are hiding behind their keyboards and screens, they say whatever they wish

Sabine just needs to remember that for every 1 guy who is abusing her, there are 10 abusing themselves!!
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #72
country flag Ziva

Go to Twitter and search for @sabinelisicki.

Same crap they did to gajdosova, but I guess Sabine is strong enough to handle that better.

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #73
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetglo View Post

Ziva, you say "sure there always is some kind of desperation and maybe a bit of anger, but thats not meant to harm at all," but is that how things are dealt with successfully in real life?

Do you attack a family member or friend out of frustration and anger, only knowing some of the situation? How does that approach work? Are they supposed to sense there's no harm intended when all
they hear is anger and frustration? Maybe your world is different, but in mine, nothing positive is ever achieved by doing that

Its not like anyone here did any of that you describe, as if there was a single attack against her and remind yourself, we do not write her a letter, we discuss something in a forum. The outta line shits you can see on twitter and what I just saw on her facebook now.

Blowing off steam is also a very good thing in life, I wouldn't mind if Sabine would destroy a racket on court in frustration, maybe it helps, maybe not, but it's better than just taking it and getting more angry on yourself, which I think she does at times, thinking about her meltdown on the practise court a few months back.

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #74
country flag Ziva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetglo View Post

I think she's being professional in the Wilson YouTube as they would expect her to be. Also, pro players learn how to put yesterdays loss behind them quickly. They don't have the luxury of dwelling upon things for days or weeks, the tour is relentless. Apart from an analysis of where things went wrong, time spent constantly replaying a match in your mind and endlessly torturing yourself with the result is time wasted today on a yesterday that will never change.

The future waits to be defined and that's what needs to be focused on and taken advantage of. A positive attitude and a short memory when it comes to failures can only help in that regard. Other players will be doing their best to psych you out, you don't want to be doing that job for them.
Sure she is and will be

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #75
country flag maurysicki

maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice

Is always a pleasure to read that there are real fans of Sabine, able to analyze the situation with clarity. It is a pity that there is someone who comes to writing only when Bine loses spewing criticism not constructive. These personages they like the people of Twitter, leave the time they find, but nothing more. Sabine is certainly strong enough to ignore them. (if she reads what people write on the internet of course).
maurysicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote