From year-end number 1 to not even making the Y.E.C... - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #76
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: From year-end number 1 to not even making the Y.E.C...

Classic counterpuncher slump. The window for success has definitely closed down for Wozniacki. Of course she can return to Top 3 form but only if she dramatically changes her game and shows a lot more aggression which she had glimpsed against Pennetta or Bartoli in Dubai before. Otherwise she'll be Top 20 at her best.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #77
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

I find it hard to believe that this hasn't happened to any other player ever.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #78
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemurenai View Post
The thing is, though, that she probably does give many f**ks about the situation. You picked the wrong occasion, I think, to use that image The contrast is quite amazing.
btw its aimed at the haters rather than saying she is uninterested in tennis because that would be pointless
Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #79
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
It happened to other players(since 2003 when they adopted the current format) but none of them played a full schedule like Wozniacki did
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #80
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its not true anyway because she made MM YEC
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #81
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
You know I don't follow her career that well, but has she ever made it out of the round robins.
Yes. Yes she did.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #82
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why is that hard to believe? To go from #1 to #9 or worse without a significant injury is a huge drop-off in performance from one year to the next.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #83
country flag Expat

Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute Expat has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't deserve to be in top 10 forget no. 1 with her game. She is back to her natural pecking order.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #84
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

The players have figured her out, because Caroline TOLD THE WORLD how she can be beaten. Back at the start of 2011, she was asked in a press conference why she's had so much success. Caroline said the only way to beat her was to be more consistent over three hours of play or to hit her off the court. Since the players figured out pretty quickly they did not want to slug it out for three hours against a player who is likely more consistent, they decided to just go for their shots against her. And it worked.

It's actually pretty amazing she was able to defend her #1 ranking in 2011. Many would say it's because the ranking system is flawed, but I don't buy that argument. The ranking reflects the season - not just the slams. If you went by just GS results, Li Na would have been YE #1. That would have been a joke since she barely won a match after the French Open.
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #85
country flag Melange

^Everyone has always known you cant get into long rallies with her. No huge secret there. The way to win is to end points faster, but actually keeping it up for two sets was too hard for most players, especially Russians. The main reason for her drop off was losing the total commitment to preparation and competition which was due to the golf.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #86
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Worth noting perhaps that Caro's total ranking points at the end of last year was 7485. That would currently put her 4th, 220 points ahead of Radwanska. Seen in that light the fall is a little les dramatic. She has certainly been losing more often but also there are players who have played better this year than she did last year.
bobito is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #87
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all

Yeah.
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #88
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Why is that hard to believe? To go from #1 to #9 or worse without a significant injury is a huge drop-off in performance from one year to the next.
I agree that it's a huge drop-off. Still it just seems like it would have happened before. . . But hey, there's a first time for everything I guess.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #89
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute

The bugger has still outperformed at least 99.9% recurring of us shits.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #90
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
Worth noting perhaps that Caro's total ranking points at the end of last year was 7485. That would currently put her 4th, 220 points ahead of Radwanska. Seen in that light the fall is a little les dramatic. She has certainly been losing more often but also there are players who have played better this year than she did last year.
At some point in 2011 she had more than 10.000 points, so no.