From year-end number 1 to not even making the Y.E.C... - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #31
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: From year-end number 1 to not even making the Y.E.C...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post

Hatred towards poor Caro I'm saying, not against other players

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #32
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

They have figured out her game...

With 2 good wins this year from Caro, Serena and Kaia in Korea Finale...you can't stay No. 1...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #33
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanfan View Post
Question: I don't really follow Caroline closely, but what is everyone's assessment of why she's slid down the rankings? Has she just over-played and burned out (like Jankovic), have people just caught on to her game and figured out how to play and defeat her? Any ideas?
The boyfriend is a start, look at her results BR and AR.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #34
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
can't even get your facts straight
I know .... he hasn't got a clue
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #35
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Question: I don't really follow Caroline closely, but what is everyone's assessment of why she's slid down the rankings? Has she just over-played and burned out (like Jankovic), have people just caught on to her game and figured out how to play and defeat her? Any ideas?
It's a mix of two things: She has abandoned her old game trying to be more aggressive but it never clicked..then she went back a bit but not completely and now she's stuck somewhere in the middle and it leads her nowhere. The constant changes of coaches give you an idea of the lack of direction there is.

All this is made worse by a lack of effort. Her response to losses this year has been to hide away on the golf course, She didn't bother to play any tournaments after Wimbledon but went on jollies instead. This has become a major problem, Caroline who once was one of the hardest workers on tour tries to get by with 90% effort ever since she met the golfer.

You combine these two issues and you get the mess she's in right now. Looking at how Bartoli plays lately, even getting back into the Top 10 will be a tall order...especially since it looks like she'll fire TJ and get back to Piotr only again. Which brings us back to the missing sense of direction...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #36
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not really, just real top players show up for once
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #37
country flag Thiudans

Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
The thing is, though, that she probably does give many f**ks about the situation. You picked the wrong occasion, I think, to use that image The contrast is quite amazing.

For people who have been watching Caroline (I've seen her play only a few times this year), have her losses been because she's changing her style slightly (and trying to make a more aggressive game work for her)? I say this because, the few times I have seen her play this year, she's seemed to be more aggressive than usual. Like against Serena in Madrid. Or is she just performing extremely badly?
Thiudans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #38
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think his the reason... But this week he plays badly with her there...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #39
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Not even making Bali
This doesn't even make sense. Wozniacki won Seoul and will be playing Sofia.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #40
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemurenai View Post
The thing is, though, that she probably does give many f**ks about the situation. You picked the wrong occasion, I think, to use that image The contrast is quite amazing.
You don't get the sense that she's very bothered by it though, she dosen't act like it. She couldn't even be bothered to cut down on her distractions during the USO swing...that would have been three weeks she could have fully focused on tennis...she didn't and she paid the price.

The result was of course that it gave her even more time to spend away from tennis, it's a vicious circle. All in all, you get the sense that she's still too happy with where she's at, being a still-famous tennis player, having a successful boyfriend...that's what she takes pride in these days.

This is what's so frustrating about her results: Not the results as such, but that one has to feel that she's not trying 100% to turn it around.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #41
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Jankovic isn't in the YEC either and she's also a year end number 1
Yeah and Steffi Graf, too.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #42
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Basically, last year she was incredibly consistent and fed off momentum. Vika is in the exact same position this year, she's able to practically beat everyone below her. You simply can't expect a player to back up that kind of season in the next year - e.g. Djokovic. He's lost his aura, it's natural. The reason why it hasn't happened to Serena is because she dips in and out of great performances and has created a unrivalled supremacy around her whilst Masha is the more expressive fighter. IMO Caro has dropped to her natural ranking, she should never have been dominant for so long, and this isn't a jibe at her, but since Vika, Rena, Masha and in a sense, Kerber have dominated this season she's found it hard to keep up. However, she'll be consistently at the top for most of her career.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #43
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
You don't get the sense that she's very bothered by it though, she dosen't act like it.

She's been acting like a brat all year long. It's clearly gotten under her skin that Azarenka is achieving things she can't dream of and that players like Serena and Sharapova have stepped their games back up. Even Randwanska is lapping her.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #44
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post

She's been acting like a brat all year long. It's clearly gotten under her skin that Azarenka is achieving things she can't dream of and that players like Serena and Sharapova have stepped their games back up. Even Randwanska is lapping her.
Nonsense, stop peddling that jealousy bullshit. If she was a jealous as you claim she would work harder to improve her results, the problem is that she cares too little, not too much.

She always had a tendency to argue with umpires (I suppose that's what you`re referring to), nothing has changed in that regard.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #45
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be surprised if she goes to Sofia.

I don't think she can even go back in the top 10 if she wins it, she has to show some pride and her sponsors don't care about Bulgaria.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote