Pac 12 - Page 35 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 05:31 AM   #511
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

Surprise, Mari Andersson is now coach of Northwestern, I thought that face was familiar

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:59 AM   #512
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that Columbia coach was familiar...none other than Riza the Diva!

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #513
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Manasse came to watch CAL team in action 2 days ago, and yesterday Fink stopped by, she even got interviewed by RadioTennis.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #514
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Omg.. Riza is now coach at Columbia. Wow she lives in NYC too.
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #515
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

^ yes, she is I even took photo of her in action

good news; USC is rotating 3 on the #1 spot Entirely justified of course (look at their ranking )

Zoe Scandalis
University of Southern California
Sabrina Santamaria
Emina Bektas
University of Michigan
Mary Anne Macfarlane
University of Alabama
Danielle Lao

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Oct 8th, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #516
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

UW roster updated;

Name Ht. Year Exp. Hometown/Last School
Natali Coronel 5-6 SO 1V Lomas de Zamora, Argentina/Our Lady of Lujan
Elianne Douglas-Miron 5-6 FR HS Ottawa, Canada/Louis-Riel
Capucine Gregoire 5-9 SO 1V Sevres, France/Lycee Jean de La Fontaine
Brianna Kemp 6-1 FR HS Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif./Palos Verdes Peninsula
Julija Lukac 5-8 SO 1V Belgrade, Serbia/Sports Grammar School
Andjela Nemcevic 5-6 JR 2V Belgrade, Serbia/Sports Grammar School
Riko Shimizu 5-3 SO 1V Ojai, Calif./Laurel Springs
Sarah Steele 5-7 FR HS Honolulu, Hawaii/Punahou
Grace Ysidora 5-5 FR HS Jakarta, Indonesia/Indonesia National School

STAN and UCLA still hasn't.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #517
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Kelcy McKenna is New Mexico's asst. coach, she was at LATC for WAATC.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #518
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Oregon State's Beaver logo was added at LATC next to Pac 12 team's. Wonder why.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 03:41 AM   #519
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Kassidy Jump, who beat Denise Starr at the National, goes to ASU.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 05:15 PM   #520
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Not a very good tournament for UCLA, except for Robin winning (but that was to be expected) and Ray advancing to the semi. Especially the collapse of UCLA dbls was surprising, losing to UA, ASU, and in the final, against USC.
But they always seem to peak in May, it's too early to tell at this point.

Oh and two FR haven't played, Krawczyk and Yates

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #521
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Hardebeck article

Didn't know that she beat Hilary in 2.

And I agree with her self-assessment

"I'm not too creative with like spins and stuff, but placement-wise and depth, I'm pretty good with that."

And her 'taunt'

'That left Hardebeck as the Cardinal's only hope after three of her teammates were eliminated by Cal players in the quarterfinals. In fact, the freshman had to beat four consecutive Golden Bears to win the tournament. It was a rather rude way to introduce herself to her Pac-12 rivals.
"I'm really happy that I was able to knock them down," said Hardebeck, who was seeded fifth. '

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #522
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Cal & 3-setters

Good for Krista . I hope she doesn't turn pro early though

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #523
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Surprise, Mari Andersson is now coach of Northwestern, I thought that face was familiar
Seems like a trend, former players becoming coaches. It certainly sounds better than being locked up in an office.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #524
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
Cal & 3-setters

Good for Krista . I hope she doesn't turn pro early though
I doubt Krista will stay at the farm for more than 2 years. I think playing at Stanford ensures her scholarship, regardless if she stays the full 4 years or not.
Smart move on her part. I am sure that next summer she will be testing her game out at the challengers court, just like what Mal did.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #525
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Something which Tennisace, cowsonice and I can cheer about

Biggest jr. dbls tournament in U.S.

110th Annual Southern California Junior Sectional Doubles Championships

Girls' 18 Doubles
F (1) Katz/Manasse d. (4) Ho(RICE)/Tang(PRINCETON) 6-7(5); 7-5; 6-2
SF (4) Ho/Tang d. (2) Jones(BYU)/Spearman(MISSOURI) 2-6; 6-3; 6-4
SF (1) Katz(USC)/Manasse(CAL) d. (3) Marker(UA)/Smith(DUKE) 6-7; 6-2; 6-1

- Woodrow Wilson