Elena Baltacha To Return For Clay season Bombshell? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #1
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute
Elena Baltacha To Return For Clay season Bombshell?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/19892548

On her facebook there is pictures of the bit of bone they removed, shes now going to be out for 6 months, still unsure whether she will return...

I looked at player forum I could not find her forum... Maybe I just did not look hard enough.
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=)

Quote:
Nigel Sears
'Serenas serve is a wonderful action to copy, Please do not Copy Angelique Kerber's'

Last edited by flareon : Mar 4th, 2013 at 06:18 PM.
flareon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #2
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elena Baltacha Undergoes Successful Foot Surgery

Wow, she's still not 100% sure if she'll return ?? Hopefully she'll try a comeback as she has to atleast use her SR
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #3
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is quite sensible that Elena is keeping the question about whether she returns or not open.

I am always weary of people who state what they intend to be doing in 3 years time or 5 years time or even 6 months time. Fact is, none of us know what we will feel like in a couple of years time and neither do these individuals who apparently think they do.

When a player says they will retire before they reach their 30th birthday or that they will keep playing until, oh say the Brazilian Olympics, or anything else of this sort one should always take these comments with a grain of salt. Circumstances change. People's opinions and ambitions and plans change too. I know if I was a tennis player I would never make an attempt to plan my retirement in advance. I would simply retire when it seemed appropiate for me to do so, with my desire to continue to compete being the deciding factor.

That Elena is wise enough to realise this will be very much to her benefit. Without having committed herself to either retiring or returning she can listen to her heart closer to the time. She can then make a decision without any pressure and without having to worry about the awkwardness of having to announce some kind of change of mind.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #4
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and a speedy recovery Elena
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Svetlana)))

Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute

Only Shvedbarilescu would type an essay about the future of humanity

Anyway, good that this girl is still trying but she gotta realise that the money she gets (or doesn't) from tennis is not enough to cover her injuries
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #6
country flag Blind Watchmaker

Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Who?
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #7
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

With all due respect, a 29 years old journeywoman should retire after a 6 months injury.
The journey to make it back to the top 100 isn't worth it.

The LTA shouldn't even help her if she comeback as it would be better to give WCs to younger players.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #8
country flag pregunta

pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light

retire for god sake , laura has come

...MOLINERO...IRIGOYEN...
...DUARTE... PODOROSKA...
...COGLITORE...PELLA...VEGA...

Veronica Cepede Paula Ormaechea Monica Puig
pregunta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #9
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all

wow so sad, i hope she'll come back anyway
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #10
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlana))) View Post
Only Shvedbarilescu would type an essay about the future of humanity

Anyway, good that this girl is still trying but she gotta realise that the money she gets (or doesn't) from tennis is not enough to cover her injuries
What the hell does what I wrote have to do with the future of humanity??!!

Anyway, for what it's worth my essay on the future of humanity would be much briefer and more succinct. It would read simply, "We are all going to die."
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #11
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
With all due respect, a 29 years old journeywoman should retire after a 6 months injury.
The journey to make it back to the top 100 isn't worth it.

The LTA shouldn't even help her if she comeback as it would be better to give WCs to younger players.
Like who? You actually think GB has tons of promising players outside of the top 100 right now? Johanna Konta and possibly Tara Moore are the only ones who have shown they could make it on tour.

Even injured, she was still winning matches at Grand Slams. She's obviously never going to crack the top 30 or anything like that, but that doesn't mean she should retire. And if she wants a wild card to say goodbye at Wimbledon, being the British No. 1 for several years and an Olympian means she's more than worthy of it.
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #12
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Some of you guys are

If she wants to come back then she wants to regardless of if she ends her career top 30 or top 500. If she doesn't, sucks for her and GB.

gws anyway.
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #13
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Gute Besserung!

Super Dave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #14
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AureaLibertas View Post
Who?
The fact that you post a british flag next to your name makes this even more embaressing , MESS!
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=)

Quote:
Nigel Sears
'Serenas serve is a wonderful action to copy, Please do not Copy Angelique Kerber's'
flareon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #15
country flag Petersmiler
Team WTAworld

Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute Petersmiler has a reputation beyond repute

It's such a shame she is out injured now, when British tennis is on the climb. She's carried the flag for the women for so long and now that the pressure is less on her shoulders, she may have performed even better. Both her and Anne have really been pushing their careers to new highs the last couple of years and it would be such a shame for it to end just as tennis is back on the radar.
Petersmiler is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote