Peak Venus would destroy Peak Serenka in straight sets - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #76
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Venus would destroy Peak Serenka in straight sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
If only you had though
This is 10 years old material. Low budget trolling to say the least. Even rabid Williams-haters such as Dslanders and Vikapowerless provide more in-depth and insightful analysis of the sisters' games that your posts.
longer posts but no more in depth believe me

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #77
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

People here are certain that Venus will defeat Serena on grass, but Serena has a 3-2 record against Venus on that surface.
So I'm sorta curious how folks can so easily draw the conclusion that Venus has grass sown up..
They are fairly equal on hardcourt 8-7 (Serena),
Equal on Clay 1-1,
And on Carpet 1-0 (Serena).

Still, with the question being "...at their peak...", it's honestly hard to say.
However, this is my belief...

Serena has the far superior mental 'desire', and simply hates to lose, regardless of the opponent.
That alone can and has won her titles against her sister; peaking or not.
Serena also has the far superior serve.
And placement trumps pace any day in my book.
If the receiver is capable of getting a racket on the ball, there is a chance of getting the ball back.
Also, Serena can handle the heavy returns far better, than Venus can handle off-paced returns.
We've seen this during their matches already.

As it is a rarity for both to be peaking when they meet anyway, ultimately both will and have suffered from playing the other during the onset of every match. That is something that absolutely has to be taken into account.
Lastly, I honestly believe that we are witnessing peak Serena at the present.
A Serena that has several gears, mixes it up, a superior serve (both first and second; PLUS camouflage), and a continual 'hunger' that rivals the best in the game. And to cap it all off, Serena has significantly reduced her UE count per game.
Conversely, Venus struggles with a first serve even when she's peaking. And neither her first nor second are consistent enough. She also can't seem to maintain her 'peak' like Serena can and has.
If we are talking about peaking, as opposed to 'zoning' Serena wins hands down.
Both are great receivers and heavy hitters, and both scramble incredibly well. Both are fast, but Serena is more explosive.
Peak Venus, I believe, possesses the better net game, though.

My vote goes to Serena.

Just my 2 cents of course.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #78
country flag Thirty All

Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all

Peak Venus is much faster and explosive than Peak Serenka
Thirty All is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:09 AM   #79
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
Peak Venus is much faster and explosive than Peak Serenka
Lol at the faster. And Sharapova is more explosive than Serena in shots, look where that got her. The big difference is Serena >>>>>>>>>>> Venus when it comes to defense, whereas Venus>Serena in offense. Being explosive doesn't work against Serena, patience is what can defeat Serena not out-hitting her. And Venus has a lot of technical glitches with her forehand and serve, whereas Serena is close to perfect with her technique.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:28 AM   #80
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

I still can't believe ppl with these ignorant comments saying the 3x and 4x Slam winners are better or equal to Venus on every surface but grass. When Venus has 26 Hardcourt titles while Sharapova only has 27 titles in her freaking career.

Yall completely ignore facts and only talk from ignorance and perspective.

If yall say that about Venus then Heck Sharapova is better than Henin on every surface but clay, Lindsay is tied or equal to Henin on every surface but clay, but yall won't admit to tha.

Only Venus has an issue because she is the best grass court player of her era no one ever dogs Henin from being a Clay expert. Kim for being a US Open expert. but Venus gets dogged for being a Wimbledon great please give me a break
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #81
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Jankovic > all

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #82
country flag Thirty All

Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
Lol at the faster. And Sharapova is more explosive than Serena in shots, look where that got her. The big difference is Serena >>>>>>>>>>> Venus when it comes to defense, whereas Venus>Serena in offense. Being explosive doesn't work against Serena, patience is what can defeat Serena not out-hitting her. And Venus has a lot of technical glitches with her forehand and serve, whereas Serena is close to perfect with her technique.
Explosive off the ground, can suddenly sprint to a ball..
Thirty All is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #83
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJJ View Post
Peak Jankovic > all
donellcarey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #84
country flag Moveyourfeet

Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future

I would actually agree with this sentiment with the following qualifications:
Venus finally nuts up against her sister, and it has to be on grass.

Venus is slightly more explosive than Serena, don't get it twisted. She is just not as consistent, imaginative and fearless as Serena.
Moveyourfeet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:47 AM   #85
country flag Moveyourfeet

Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future

Quote:
And Sharapova is more explosive than Serena in shots, look where that got her.
Sharapova hits hard. But she is not explosive.
Moveyourfeet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #86
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
At first glance I thought this thread was just a tease or just a joke. But, upon further reading I came to the realization that this is simply symptomatic of the act of mental masturbation on the part of the OP and his or her Co-Hearts. At this point it time it is quite overdue for the die-hard Venus fans to let this shit go. It has been very demonstrative now, even to the likes of Stevie Wonder, that Serena is the better player of the two sisters. It is quite laughable to suggest that "the closest we've seen the two at their best was at 2008 at Wimbledon". Contrarily, the 2003 Australian Open Finals and the 2008 US Open Quarterfinals matches eclipse the 2008 Wimbledon match..
I don't agree, I think ppl forget the beginning of both sets sucked at the US Open in '08 neither got exciting until Venus was in winning positions and Serena fought back. That Wimbledon match started off with a blazing hot Serena and it forced Venus to lift her game and yeah Serena got frusrtated but it was because Venus took and withstood her best to take that 1st set just like she took and withstood the best from Hingis, Lindsay, Maria, Ana, Kunestova and everyone else on grass when she was healthy.
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:57 AM   #87
country flag momo_rama

momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice momo_rama is just really nice

Yep gotta agree. Venus at her peak had better defense and offence. Could cover the court (up,down,across) with elegant ease and could hit winners from anywhere and suffocate an opponent from the net.

However Serena's serve is just so much more smarter and she had game plans a,b,c. That's why she wins so much of their battles, plus the fact venus doesn't get as much joy out of beating her sister as serena does lol
momo_rama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #88
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlaya8 View Post
I don't agree, I think ppl forget the beginning of both sets sucked at the US Open in '08 neither got exciting until Venus was in winning positions and Serena fought back. That Wimbledon match started off with a blazing hot Serena and it forced Venus to lift her game and yeah Serena got frusrtated but it was because Venus took and withstood her best to take that 1st set just like she took and withstood the best from Hingis, Lindsay, Maria, Ana, Kunestova and everyone else on grass when she was healthy.
Yeah, Serena didn't go down, Serena had the tendency to go off after a very dominant set like in the US Open final against Victoria Azarenka. That is why it very uncommon for her to lose so few games.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #89
country flag Thiudans

Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How can you, with your honest and right mind, imply that Venus has ever been slower than Serena?
Thiudans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #90
country flag azinna

azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute azinna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
Venus permanently relinquished any right to any supremacy when she apologized to her sister for winning the 2001 US Open final. Did Serena ever do such a thing? Hell no
Yep. At that stratospheric level the difference is mental and, in this case, emotional.

Just wanted to say: Serena's and Venus' respective peaks are, by definition, against other opponents (ask Maria to confirm). We've thus far been happy when they play well against each other.

Always on the lookout for a great tennis match.
azinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote