Donna Vekic - Page 164 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #2446
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all
Re: Donna Vekic

Saguenay was and still is at her web page. They changed plan today.
http://www.donnavekic.com/?page_id=29
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #2447
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

I'd honestly rather see her skip a week than waste one tournament entry on an Asian 25k.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #2448
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the New Delhi WTA challenger is a great idea. The 25K is Seoul...not so much. She clearly wants AO main draw
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #2449
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
I think the New Delhi WTA challenger is a great idea. The 25K is Seoul...not so much. She clearly wants AO main draw
I'd say reaching top 100 is the more likely culprit for this. AO MD can be achieved rahter easily with playing at even just two strong events (she needs about 120 points to do it, as I wrote about a few posts earlier) - to get to semis in Suzhou all she needs is one potentially tricky win, and that alone would bring her 70, while the remaining 50 wouldn't be that big of a problem in 125k. If she shows up on a 25k they're definately aiming at top 100.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #2450
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

This is smart tactical move She counts on 50 points from that 25K event because opponents will be much lover ranked than her.

Semifinal Suzhou + title in Seoul + semis in Delhi = TOP 100 and main draw AO

Very ambitious, but our girl can make it.

Ajmo Donna
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #2451
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

When does she play 2nd round ...at what time? Is it tomorow morning?
I can't found order of play anywhere.Anyone has any link?
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #2452
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Honcova is ranked only 310 but is at her CH ranking and is only 19. That tells me that, like Donna, she is probably more dangerous than her ranking suggests because her ranking might not yet have caught up to her abilities.

Like I said, Donna is the favorite but let's hope Honcova does't spring a nasty surprise.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #2453
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of

solid start... time to take it to the next level in the 2nd round... go donna!
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #2454
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Great 1st round win!!! I like Donna's schedule although I'd prefer to see her play both 125k events
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #2455
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

25K IMO is stupid
Today's match was a bit closer than it should have been, but hopefully she can still make the QFs
Honcova seems to be having one of her "on" tournaments. She wetn from beating Savchuk when Savchuk was actually dangerous last year one week to losing to Bowtell in straights the next

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #2456
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrtbckhnd View Post
Great 1st round win!!! I like Donna's schedule although I'd prefer to see her play both 125k events
I don't see the New Delhi tournament, or any $125K's for that matter, on the ITF calendar through the rest of this year

(http://beta.itftennis.com/procircuit...-calendar.aspx)
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #2457
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

It's wta event.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #2458
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Why is she playing 25K in Seoul when she can play a 25K event in Europe
And what's wrong with playing GS Qualifying anyway??? I mean, it would have done Ash Barty a whole lot of good at this years Wimbledon

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #2459
country flag juan pablo

Wink Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Why is she playing 25K in Seoul when she can play a 25K event in Europe
Look at acceptance list and everything will be clear. She played once in europe...
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #2460
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
And what's wrong with playing GS Qualifying anyway???
Nothing is inherently wrong with playing qualies, but being ready and focused for a whole of 3 quali rounds might be a challenge for someone of Donna's age and experience level, which we witnessed in NY. And since she showed in Tashkent that she has what it takes to beat a top 100 player, it migth be a safer route to serious points. Besides, by the time AO starts, 40 or even 65 points won't matter too much for her ranking. If she bombs out in R1 it's not the end of the world, she doesn't lose a lot of points by not going through qualies and gets a new tennis experience of sorts. Especially if she bombs out to a big name
Closed Thread